Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No deal off the table then 16:57 - Mar 25 with 8688 viewsHerbivore

May finally gets something right at least.

Still hard to see where she goes from here though. She won't back a second referendum or customs union, she's ruled out no deal or revoking Article 50. Basically in her mind her deal is still the only way forward. Mind-bogglingly myopic from an absolute disaster of a PM.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No deal off the table then on 17:09 - Mar 25 with 3346 viewsStokieBlue

She's all over the place though, she said that in her speech especially with regards to the union then just said this in the HoC:

"Ed Milband, the former Labour leader, says he welcomes the line in May’s statement saying, unless the Commons agrees, no deal will not happen. Does that mean there will only be a no-deal Brexit if MPs vote for it?

May says MPs must back her deal if they want to avoid no deal."

Shambolic.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No deal off the table then on 17:10 - Mar 25 with 3344 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair she was the only option, all the blokes ran for the hills.

JC made a complete mess of the general election, and now doesnt want to make his real feelings about Brxit known.

I'm not saying its not been a disaster, but it was always going to be a disaster, under ANY party.

It was never really going to be workable with our political system.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 17:10]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No deal off the table then on 17:14 - Mar 25 with 3322 viewsSpruceMoose

No deal off the table then on 17:10 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

JC made a complete mess of the general election, and now doesnt want to make his real feelings about Brxit known.

I'm not saying its not been a disaster, but it was always going to be a disaster, under ANY party.

Best thing would be to call the whole thing off and get back to the neglected job of running the country and generating a little prosperity for everyone.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No deal off the table then on 17:17 - Mar 25 with 3305 viewspickles110564

No deal off the table then on 17:14 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

Best thing would be to call the whole thing off and get back to the neglected job of running the country and generating a little prosperity for everyone.

Sprucey that does not look like it will happen, how about you put some constructive thoughts forward of how we leave.
on 17:18 - Mar 25 with 3295 views_

No deal off the table then on 17:17 - Mar 25 by pickles110564

Sprucey that does not look like it will happen, how about you put some constructive thoughts forward of how we leave.

No deal off the table then on 17:20 - Mar 25 with 3294 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...as softly as possible!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No deal off the table then on 17:21 - Mar 25 with 3293 viewsHerbivore

Soft Brexit is least damaging. Remain in the single market and customs union but leave the political union. It won't wash with hard Brexiteers though, and therein lies the problem.

No deal off the table then on 17:22 - Mar 25 with 3284 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm still waiting for the actual leave voters to do that Pickles. Perhaps you can get the ball rolling old chap?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

No deal off the table then on 17:23 - Mar 25 with 3276 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No deal off the table then on 17:21 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

Soft Brexit is least damaging. Remain in the single market and customs union but leave the political union. It won't wash with hard Brexiteers though, and therein lies the problem.

.....yes, but the hard brexiteers think that 17+ million people voted for a hard brexit.

LOL.

No deal off the table then on 17:24 - Mar 25 with 3258 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No deal off the table then on 17:22 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

I'm still waiting for the actual leave voters to do that Pickles. Perhaps you can get the ball rolling old chap?

Asking the leave voters / campaign to deal with anything is a big ask.

A campaign led by boris the bottler, say no more.

Imagine if you were a person who was influenced by Boris and Nigel. Thats gotta be a dark place.

No deal off the table then on 17:24 - Mar 25 with 3257 viewsHerbivore

No deal off the table then on 17:10 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

JC exceeded all expectations at the GE to be fair, weird to describe it as him making a complete mess of it. He's messed up plenty of other things but the GE is his one relative success in the grand scheme of things.

No deal off the table then on 17:26 - Mar 25 with 3243 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No deal off the table then on 17:21 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

Agreed.

If there was only ONE thing that was clear about the referendum result..... it was that the overall consensus (will of the people if you like) was for a SOFT brexit.

No deal off the table then on 17:27 - Mar 25 with 3235 viewslowhouseblue

No deal off the table then on 17:23 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

.....yes, but the hard brexiteers think that 17+ million people voted for a hard brexit.

LOL.

do you think that anyone voted to leave who didn't believe that would involve an end to free movement? i would say that was the one thing in the leave campaign which was very clearly stated. i voted remain, but i had no doubt that leave was intended to involve an end to free movement.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

No deal off the table then on 17:29 - Mar 25 with 3221 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No deal off the table then on 17:24 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

JC exceeded all expectations at the GE to be fair, weird to describe it as him making a complete mess of it. He's messed up plenty of other things but the GE is his one relative success in the grand scheme of things.

It was an open goal, and he couldnt get over the line.

2nd place is first loser. The fact that Labour supporters saw the loss as some kind of victory was a sad indictment of where they are at.

i expected Labour to win, such was the opportunity, so they didn't exceed my expectations.

No deal off the table then on 17:29 - Mar 25 with 3222 viewsHerbivore

No deal off the table then on 17:26 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

If there was only ONE thing that was clear about the referendum result..... it was that the overall consensus (will of the people if you like) was for a SOFT brexit.

Although on the flip side it's probably the least popular option as a first choice. Both sides wonder what the point is, may as well remain.

No deal off the table then on 17:32 - Mar 25 with 3206 viewsHerbivore

No deal off the table then on 17:27 - Mar 25 by lowhouseblue

do you think that anyone voted to leave who didn't believe that would involve an end to free movement? i would say that was the one thing in the leave campaign which was very clearly stated. i voted remain, but i had no doubt that leave was intended to involve an end to free movement.

But people were told that free movement could end and we could still negotiate single market access because we're the UK and we deserve special treatment. What a crock of sh!te that was.

No deal off the table then on 17:32 - Mar 25 with 3202 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No deal off the table then on 17:27 - Mar 25 by lowhouseblue

My parents voted leave, but didnt want a hard brexit.

A lot of the brexit voters just did it to f*ck cameron off.

Thats the whole problem with the referendum, half the people didnt know what the f*ck they were doing!!

No deal off the table then on 17:33 - Mar 25 with 3198 viewslowhouseblue

No deal off the table then on 17:32 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

But people were told that free movement could end and we could still negotiate single market access because we're the UK and we deserve special treatment. What a crock of sh!te that was.

who told people that?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

No deal off the table then on 17:33 - Mar 25 with 3198 viewsHerbivore

No deal off the table then on 17:29 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was an open goal, and he couldnt get over the line.

2nd place is first loser. The fact that Labour supporters saw the loss as some kind of victory was a sad indictment of where they are at.

i expected Labour to win, such was the opportunity, so they didn't exceed my expectations.

That's a significant rewriting of history right there.

No deal off the table then on 17:43 - Mar 25 with 3143 viewsfactual_blue

An interesting insight into her mindset occurred to me earlier. theresa was essentially put in this position because of the judicial ruling obtained by Gina Miller that Parliament must decide. theresa can't abide being bettered by another woman and so is determined to get her deal through just to prove herself right.

Supporting evidence - theresa pushed out Helen Ghosh as Perm Sec at the Home Office when she was appointed Sec of State, saying 'there's only room for one woman at the top of this organisation' (impeccable evidence from two independent sources at the HO).

In other words, theresa is deeply, deeply flawed on a psychological level, and this - coupled with her attempts to save the tory party are just downright embarrassing.

It's like watching a drunk trying to have an argument when they're so drunk they can't even speak. One thinks 'leave it, you're just embarrassing yourself'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

No deal off the table then on 17:44 - Mar 25 with 3129 viewsbackwaywhen

on 17:18 - Mar 25 by _

I say with no deal .... we are GREAT BRITAIN and despite all liars saying it will be a disaster , we will be able to bring this country back up to scratch quicker than everyone thinks ....get on with it now get the f@ck out of there .
No deal off the table then on 17:45 - Mar 25 with 3114 viewsBlueBadger

No deal off the table then on 17:14 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

That would actually involve putting country before party and self though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No deal off the table then on 17:48 - Mar 25 with 3108 viewsWeWereZombies

Does not seem to be the way the BBC is reporting it, May finally signals that a second referendum is a possibility:

'The prime minister said the "default outcome" remained leaving the EU without a deal.

"The alternative is to pursue a different form of Brexit or a second referendum," she said.

"But the bottom line remains: if the House does not approve the withdrawal agreement this week and is not prepared to countenance leaving without a deal, we would have to seek a longer extension."

That would mean holding European elections, she added, and would mean "we will not have been able to guarantee Brexit".'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47689415

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No deal off the table then on 17:56 - Mar 25 with 3062 viewseireblue

No deal off the table then on 17:44 - Mar 25 by backwaywhen

I say with no deal .... we are GREAT BRITAIN and despite all liars saying it will be a disaster , we will be able to bring this country back up to scratch quicker than everyone thinks ....get on with it now get the f@ck out of there .

Hmmm, so you are proposing to leave NI in the EU.

I would go along with that, I suspect others wouldn’t, but if that is what you want...
No deal off the table then on 17:56 - Mar 25 with 3062 viewsHerbivore

No deal off the table then on 17:33 - Mar 25 by lowhouseblue

who told people that?

Are you kidding me? Did you sleep through the leave campaign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024