Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so they've spent all day deciding whether 22:00 - Mar 25 with 4537 viewsgordon

to vote to have more votes on the thing. Can't someone just print off 650 sheets with the options on, get them all to put 1st 2nd 3rd down? Would take a couple of hours.

Just make sure whoever makes the sheets doesn't do an 'other' box.
so they've spent all day deciding whether on 22:07 - Mar 25 with 4508 viewsvapour_trail

One assumes there’d be a Stilton option available.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:22 - Mar 26 with 4358 viewsGuthrum

And now members of the Government are saying they'll ignore the votes anyway. Is it very surprising they aren't able to get people onside?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:35 - Mar 26 with 4346 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:22 - Mar 26 by Guthrum

And now members of the Government are saying they'll ignore the votes anyway. Is it very surprising they aren't able to get people onside?

if you think its a mess now, i cant wait to see what will happen if they dont carry out a leave instruction. a few traffic jams on the m5 will be the tip of the iceberg.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:37 - Mar 26 with 4330 viewsfooters

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 22:07 - Mar 25 by vapour_trail

One assumes there’d be a Stilton option available.

In Brexit Britain, Primula seems a more likely option.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:43 - Mar 26 with 4317 viewsgiant_stow

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:35 - Mar 26 by MJallday

if you think its a mess now, i cant wait to see what will happen if they dont carry out a leave instruction. a few traffic jams on the m5 will be the tip of the iceberg.

What do you see angry brexiters doing if they don't get their own way?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:53 - Mar 26 with 4307 viewsGuthrum

Indeed. The issue cannot simply be put back in the box.

I'm not thinking so much of protests or direct action (which IMO will be very limited), but about what it may do to the political landscape.

Some sort of New UKIP will arise, probably as a more significant force than its predecessor. There will be a lot of agitation for another referendum, or at least attempting again to enact the result of the 2016 one. The debate will drag on, continually getting in the way of running the country. Every economic misfortune will be voiciferously blamed on remaining in the EU.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 11:09 - Mar 26 with 4277 viewspickles110564

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:37 - Mar 26 by footers

In Brexit Britain, Primula seems a more likely option.

I hope we can still get our sticky blue cheese from LIDL, I love that with me red wine.

Should have Brum ticket by end of today.
so they've spent all day deciding whether on 11:13 - Mar 26 with 4276 viewschicoazul

I'm not sure about this. The depth of feeling against the EU is strong but the people who voted for Leave, with the obvious exceptions, mostly seem like decent fair minded people who would probably be a bit grumpy for a while before getting on with their lives.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:08 - Mar 26 with 4232 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:43 - Mar 26 by giant_stow

for starters - i suspect road and traffic blocks, fuel blockades, port blockades, public services strikes - and thatll be the peaceful part of it i suspect.

there will be protest marches for sure . the proper loonies will probably even try and storm downing street. Ill be surprised if all the ministers dont all end up with some sort of round the clock protection if its not already in place.

i can honeslty see people loosing their sh1t over this.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:11 - Mar 26 with 4224 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 10:53 - Mar 26 by Guthrum

Indeed. The issue cannot simply be put back in the box.

I'm not thinking so much of protests or direct action (which IMO will be very limited), but about what it may do to the political landscape.

Some sort of New UKIP will arise, probably as a more significant force than its predecessor. There will be a lot of agitation for another referendum, or at least attempting again to enact the result of the 2016 one. The debate will drag on, continually getting in the way of running the country. Every economic misfortune will be voiciferously blamed on remaining in the EU.

It cant - thats the problem, whatever the result, whatever way you voted and whatever the outcome - we're not gonna all just forget about it!

on the protests - maybe. but it will be widespread. think back to the riots a few years ago, it wasnt centralised on london - but in other major cities too. i think you'll get something similar (with a heavy focus on london clearly)

if this doenst happen, your probably right - Nigel will rise again - but it will be a much more "directed" version - which will probably lead to further division.

then i suspect the scottish will kick off again

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:12 - Mar 26 with 4221 viewsHerbivore

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:08 - Mar 26 by MJallday

for starters - i suspect road and traffic blocks, fuel blockades, port blockades, public services strikes - and thatll be the peaceful part of it i suspect.

there will be protest marches for sure . the proper loonies will probably even try and storm downing street. Ill be surprised if all the ministers dont all end up with some sort of round the clock protection if its not already in place.

None of that is likely to happen. There won't be strikes since most unions or are were pro-Remain. Any kind of demonstration thus far by Brexiteers has mustered as many participants as a school fete. A massive chunk of the Brexit vote came from pensioners, they aren't going to be taking to the streets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:03 - Mar 26 with 4197 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:12 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

None of that is likely to happen. There won't be strikes since most unions or are were pro-Remain. Any kind of demonstration thus far by Brexiteers has mustered as many participants as a school fete. A massive chunk of the Brexit vote came from pensioners, they aren't going to be taking to the streets.

"none of this is likely to happen"

i apologise for the Daily Fail link (and i hate myself for doing it) - but im afraid its already started.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6842905/Pro-Brexit-slow-drivers-caused-

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:07 - Mar 26 with 4186 viewsHerbivore

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:03 - Mar 26 by MJallday

"none of this is likely to happen"

i apologise for the Daily Fail link (and i hate myself for doing it) - but im afraid its already started.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6842905/Pro-Brexit-slow-drivers-caused-

Wow, slow traffic. It's the end of days.

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:09 - Mar 26 with 4186 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:07 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Wow, slow traffic. It's the end of days.

think about the implications though.
4 people, delayed traffic for hours. in that traffic could have been food, vital medical supplies, doctors, nurses and police trying to get to work (as well as other folk) - delayed holidays.

those 4 people probably cost the economy millions.

Scale that up a few times, at it wont be long before the country takes note. i assume you remember the fuel blockades? i think it took 3 days and the country was pretty much crippled.

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:23 - Mar 26 with 4159 viewsHerbivore

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:09 - Mar 26 by MJallday

4 people, delayed traffic for hours. in that traffic could have been food, vital medical supplies, doctors, nurses and police trying to get to work (as well as other folk) - delayed holidays.

Scale that up a few times, at it wont be long before the country takes note. i assume you remember the fuel blockades? i think it took 3 days and the country was pretty much crippled.

Cost the economy millions? I think that's overstating it. It wasn't even significant enough to be widely reported. I don't doubt there will be some small scale protests for a short time if we don't leave but we're not going to see mass demos, strikes and such like. Low level disruption shouldn't be a reason to not change course.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 13:23]

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 16:54 - Mar 26 with 4100 viewsDarth_Koont

If it's going by their previous MO, they'll sh!t their own pants in a dirty protest.

Pronouns: He/Him

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 17:29 - Mar 26 with 4077 viewsEwan_Oozami

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:09 - Mar 26 by MJallday

If that's what the Brexiters want to do then it's them who'll be bringing the country down, not the Remainers - and it shows that they haven't learnt a thing from history - any group that holds the country to ransom is rarely accorded much sympathy by the general public. Can you imagine other Brexit supporters in a hurry to get somewhere caught in such demonstrations saying "Yeah, right on Nigel, we're with you all the way. I'm even going to turn my car sideway so those Remainer traitors can't get past!"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 17:53 - Mar 26 with 4051 viewscaught-in-limbo

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 12:08 - Mar 26 by MJallday

Up against riot police, we British are a bunch of softies... until a bit of beer gets thrown in.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 18:10 - Mar 26 with 4029 viewsSpruceMoose

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 17:53 - Mar 26 by caught-in-limbo

Up against riot police, we British are a bunch of softies... until a bit of beer gets thrown in.

The addition of some white plastic patio furniture and a European old town square helps too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 18:22 - Mar 26 with 4019 viewsfooters

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 18:10 - Mar 26 by SpruceMoose

The addition of some white plastic patio furniture and a European old town square helps too.

Not Eastern European though. Bunch of wets.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 18:48 - Mar 26 with 4002 viewsMJallday

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 13:23 - Mar 26 by Herbivore

Cost the economy millions? I think that's overstating it. It wasn't even significant enough to be widely reported. I don't doubt there will be some small scale protests for a short time if we don't leave but we're not going to see mass demos, strikes and such like. Low level disruption shouldn't be a reason to not change course.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 13:23]

it was very widely reported. (admittedly probably more this side of the country than East anglia) - but thats because it affected this side more than that side because of our transport links.

back to the point, i do believe we will see mass protests and national level disruption should the wishes of the majority of the nation not be carried out . to what extent that happens, noone knows, but i can tell you with fact (because i can hear it our of my window) that a very well known army regiment over here have been very busy preparing for it.

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 21:06 - Mar 26 with 3959 viewscaught-in-limbo

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 18:10 - Mar 26 by SpruceMoose

Without the alcohol, the patio furniture stays firmly rooted to the floor in the old town square.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

so they've spent all day deciding whether on 21:50 - Mar 26 with 3940 viewsBlueBadger

Dying of strokes and heart attacks en masse?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024