Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost interest in football 14:49 - Mar 26 with 3953 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Apart from Ipswich and now England, I just can not be bothered to watch most premier league games , I used to watch them all weekend without fail.
Just wandering if it is just me or anyone else feel the same.
As much as I have lost interest in the epl, all I want to do is go watch the town.
Lost interest in football on 14:52 - Mar 26 with 3503 viewsSE1blue

Have you lost the faith?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Lost interest in football on 14:52 - Mar 26 with 3503 viewsPecker

I will not go out of my way to watch the Prem. If I have nothing else on, then I will watch a few games, but not that bothered by it.
Lost interest in football on 14:53 - Mar 26 with 3493 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Lost interest in football on 14:52 - Mar 26 by SE1blue

Have you lost the faith?

When it comes to town I will never lose the faith
Lost interest in football on 14:53 - Mar 26 with 3495 viewsGeoffSentence

I am pretty much like that. It does mean that I dont have a clue who most of these lads who play for England are.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lost interest in football on 14:54 - Mar 26 with 3497 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This all changed for me when I settled down and had a family.

When I was single I watched loads of football, now that I have a wife and small kids, I just dont have the time to watch neutral matches. ...or the inclination really.

I also CANNOT stand how pedantic football summary and commentary has become.... they used to analyse what the players did, now they just drone on about refereeing decisions!! That has stopped me watching match of the day.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lost interest in football on 14:56 - Mar 26 with 3470 viewsKieran_Knows

I haven't watched a Prem game in ages. Much prefer to watch the Bundesliga if I'm being honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lost interest in football on 14:57 - Mar 26 with 3466 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I can't remember the last time I watched a full match that didn't involved Ipswich (or England)

I can take it or leave it really as I can't get excited about many matches (even the ones that involve us) and find the Champs League coverage and whole event a bit too far removed from the football that we are subjected to.
Lost interest in football on 14:57 - Mar 26 with 3462 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll stick a premiership game on then find myself flicking through my phone for most of it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Lost interest in football on 14:58 - Mar 26 with 3461 viewschristiand

Just think Sky TV is saturated with Premier League coverage. Not sure if it's losing the faith, perhaps it is has become a boring and monotonous watch as it is on our screens so much? Like you, I'd watch most games, but I find I switch off now.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 15:47]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lost interest in football on 14:59 - Mar 26 with 3447 viewsFtnfwest

not overly bothered by the prem but if its on and i'm free i will actually watch it. When i had BT Sport i got back into the italian football (and german a bit) and it was interesting to see what players were up and coming there. Even the odd non-league game was ok. Just can never get into the womens game - and before everyone tells me how good they are - yes they are good (apart from the goalkeepers) i'm just not interested.
Lost interest in football on 15:07 - Mar 26 with 3401 viewsScuzzer

I'm pretty much with you on this. Fast approaching canceling my Sky Football part of my package. It's now a sanitised and clinical version of the game that just bores me. With Town in League One next season the chances are that we will hardly see a live game on TV...just don't see it as worth it. If the season ticket prices are affordable then I may be persuaded to buy one...I haven't had one for the last two seasons....just not worth it with what was on offer.

Established 1968

Lost interest in football on 15:08 - Mar 26 with 3381 viewsCoastalblue

Never watch any aside from Town games these days except for International tournament football.
It does lessen my enjoyment of watching Town a bit if I'm honest because I used to know all about who we were up against whereas these days I don't have a clue about most of the opposition players.
Twenty years ago I probably could have named the likely starting eleven of pretty much any top flight side and allowed for injuries, now I'd struggle to name more than two or three players in each team.

To be honest, I still love the experience of going to football but outside of that I really have little interest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Lost interest in football on 15:12 - Mar 26 with 3357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lost interest in football on 15:07 - Mar 26 by Scuzzer

I'm pretty much with you on this. Fast approaching canceling my Sky Football part of my package. It's now a sanitised and clinical version of the game that just bores me. With Town in League One next season the chances are that we will hardly see a live game on TV...just don't see it as worth it. If the season ticket prices are affordable then I may be persuaded to buy one...I haven't had one for the last two seasons....just not worth it with what was on offer.

I cancelled Sky when BT got involved.

I didn't mind paying for Sky when I was guaranteed to be able to watch EVERY big match.

But when BT got involved, that certainty was lost, and I wasn't going to buy a second subscription.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lost interest in football on 15:54 - Mar 26 with 3213 viewsDebsyAngel

Same with me. I used to love watching whatever match was on Super Sundays, now I have too much stuff to do and would rather work through my backlog of saved shows on Mixcloud.

I still love and want to watch Ipswich, it's the whole camaraderie and seeing people as well as the match for me.

We don't even have Sky Sports on a permanent level now. Just keep it for a month then cancel again, depending on if Ipswich or QPR are on (the husband's team).

We do record MOTD but I barely look at it now.
Lost interest in football on 15:57 - Mar 26 with 3199 viewsTractorCam

Lost interest in football on 14:57 - Mar 26 by artsbossbeard

I'll stick a premiership game on then find myself flicking through my phone for most of it.

That's me with most football when watching on TV too, can't really stay focused.

For never_lose_the_faith, go and take in some Non league football, you'll enjoy that much more than the fiasco premier league.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lost interest in football on 15:59 - Mar 26 with 3183 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Lost interest in football on 15:07 - Mar 26 by Scuzzer

I refuse to pay exorbitant Sky subscription, so only Premier football I watch is the highlights on Match of the Day. I have a Now TV stick which is basically Sky on Demand, and pay the £8.99 for a 24 hours Sports Pass to watch Ipswich if their away game is featured, so not very often, and even less next season in League One no doubt!
Lost interest in football on 16:17 - Mar 26 with 3138 viewshadleighboyblue

Lost interest in football on 15:08 - Mar 26 by Coastalblue

Never watch any aside from Town games these days except for International tournament football.
It does lessen my enjoyment of watching Town a bit if I'm honest because I used to know all about who we were up against whereas these days I don't have a clue about most of the opposition players.
Twenty years ago I probably could have named the likely starting eleven of pretty much any top flight side and allowed for injuries, now I'd struggle to name more than two or three players in each team.

To be honest, I still love the experience of going to football but outside of that I really have little interest.

Glad I'm not the only one that has lost interest in a lot of televised football .

MOTD used to be a must view , but don't bother now . Used to love the European matches when it was a British team against a Continental team , but now all our home teams are full of foreigners they don't feel like a British team .

Will always enjoy the match day experience and follow the Town , plus local football is still great and not expensive . Although recent years even watching Town was becoming poor in terms of excitement , thank goodness PL has made it so much better to watch .
Lost interest in football on 16:45 - Mar 26 with 3067 viewshorsehollerer

Yep, I think that's the new normal. Despite our position, I'm loving watching Town as much as I ever did, especially now that we are playing some nice-ish stuff again and the fans are more engaged. However, Big Football does very little for me these days. It's soulless and I normally can't be bothered with it.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Lost interest in football on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 3048 viewsazuremerlangus

Lost interest in football on 15:59 - Mar 26 by muhrensleftfoot

I refuse to pay exorbitant Sky subscription, so only Premier football I watch is the highlights on Match of the Day. I have a Now TV stick which is basically Sky on Demand, and pay the £8.99 for a 24 hours Sports Pass to watch Ipswich if their away game is featured, so not very often, and even less next season in League One no doubt!

Same here. MOTD and EFL on Quest I record so I can fast forward past the adverts and talking. Now TV gets used when we are on but that is it. I don’t know where people find the time to watch that many live matches.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Lost interest in football on 17:03 - Mar 26 with 3022 viewsLuciBlue

More likely to watch Int'l Rugby Union and Cricket (all versions) than non Ipswich football.

Poll: If you had to take one option..

Lost interest in football on 18:06 - Mar 26 with 2953 viewsTheBoyBlue

After a while you feel you've seen it all so the latest 'unbelievable' match doesn't hold the same excitement.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Lost interest in football on 18:43 - Mar 26 with 2900 viewsSuperblue95

I used to record Match of the Day and whatever programme was showing the championship games and watch them on a Sunday morning every weekend without fail.

Haven’t watched either in months, just can’t be arsed

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lost interest in football on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 2873 viewsBasuco

Agree, the premier league is boring, I enjoyed watching AFC Sudbury on Saturday against Witham Town, there was some very nice football played and of course the Witham ultra to keep us interested.
Lost interest in football on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 2852 viewsIllinoisblue

with iFollow I've watched more Town games the last couple of years than in the previous decade combined. How lucky that this new streaming service launched at such a golden era for ITFC...

As for prem, I watch a fair bit on the weekends, as it's on in the mornings here. The top six is pretty much a closed shop now; just waiting and hoping that Man City blow the league.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lost interest in football on 19:49 - Mar 26 with 2794 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lost interest in Ipswich years ago....... JOKES
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024