Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? 15:37 - Mar 26 with 6430 viewsCoastalblue

I realise that political divide will flavour people's judgements but are there any in more recent times who can transcend that to be considered good by people from all persuasions?

My adult life started with Maggie and I don't think we've had a decent PM in all that time, the only one I probably liked in any way was Major but I can't imagine too many agreeing.

Going back before my time? Attlee?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:40 - Mar 26 with 3475 viewsPecker

Churchill.
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:43 - Mar 26 with 3471 viewsSteve_M

Brown. Not perfect but able to rise to the global financial crisis.

Blair, Major and Thatcher were all good Prime Ministers. None without fault either but so far above today's sh1tshow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:45 - Mar 26 with 3459 viewsCoastalblue

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:40 - Mar 26 by Pecker

Churchill.

Which time?
Or both?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:46 - Mar 26 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

Blair

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 3408 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Blair and Cameron I think both led well at times.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:53 - Mar 26 with 3400 viewsPecker

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:45 - Mar 26 by Coastalblue

Which time?
Or both?

First time, obviously.
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 3392 viewsSitfcB

Churchill.

Oh yes.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:56 - Mar 26 with 3384 viewschicoazul

Gordon Brown. He was, on the quiet, pretty good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:00 - Mar 26 with 3373 viewschicoazul

Churchill.

Churchill was a good war leader but he was a very bad person in general, and his second term was not good. Kenya.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 3359 viewshomer_123

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:50 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Cameron?

Thanks to him, we are where we are.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:05 - Mar 26 with 3354 viewshomer_123

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:43 - Mar 26 by Steve_M

Brown. Not perfect but able to rise to the global financial crisis.

Blair, Major and Thatcher were all good Prime Ministers. None without fault either but so far above today's sh1tshow.

I'd have to remove Thatcher from that list Steve but Brown, Blair and Major were all good/ very good (not perfect as you say).

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:06 - Mar 26 with 3350 viewshomer_123

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:00 - Mar 26 by chicoazul

Churchill was a good war leader but he was a very bad person in general, and his second term was not good. Kenya.

Perfect for the war, less so, as you say, second time around.

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 3338 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:04 - Mar 26 by homer_123

Cameron?

Thanks to him, we are where we are.

That's why I said 'at times'.

Blair had Iraq, Cameron had the referendum.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:23 - Mar 26 with 3315 viewsClapham_Junction

Gordon Brown, on the basis that I think he was the last PM to genuinely care about people. Must have been awful for him to have to hand over the keys of number 10 to his successor, knowing what they were likely to do to the country.
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:29 - Mar 26 with 3292 viewsGirthyguy

The one we have now
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:30 - Mar 26 with 3285 viewsfooters

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:29 - Mar 26 by Girthyguy

The one we have now

Your username is the best I've seen in a while. You should meet Pecker and Wellhungphil. Reckon you'd get on :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:30 - Mar 26 with 3279 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:29 - Mar 26 by Girthyguy

The one we have now

Raises a good point...

...name a previous PM who could have made a good job of Brexit?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:31 - Mar 26 with 3275 viewsfooters

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:30 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Raises a good point...

Chamberlain

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 3258 viewsyorkshire

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 15:50 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would agree about Blair and Cameron - Blair came in at a time when the economy was doing well and the country felt good about itself

Cameron with the help of Clegg steadied the ship and between them they made a lot of positive changes that you wouldn't normally get under a Tory (Right) Government

Obviously both lost their legacy with some very poor decisions but neither were massively out of the depths unlike most of the others in my time (Maggie being my first - and she made some horrendous mistakes)
Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 3246 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:31 - Mar 26 by footers

Chamberlain

Just before my time.

What was he like? ;-)

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:35 - Mar 26 with 3240 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:30 - Mar 26 by footers

Your username is the best I've seen in a while. You should meet Pecker and Wellhungphil. Reckon you'd get on :)

Whatever happened to Wellhungphil?

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:36 - Mar 26 with 3236 viewsfooters

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:35 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Whatever happened to Wellhungphil?

He just posts as PhilTWTD if he's not showing off.

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:36 - Mar 26 with 3235 viewsfooters

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:34 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just before my time.

What was he like? ;-)

Very generous.

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:37 - Mar 26 with 3216 viewsfactual_blue

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:30 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Raises a good point...

Harold Wilson. Clem Atlee. David Lloyd George. Stanley Baldwin. Gladstone. All of these were far, far more skilled at the 'dark arts' of politics. And, of course, Harold Wilson had a brain the size of a planet.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:38 - Mar 26 with 3216 viewshomer_123

Who was our last decent Prime Minister? on 16:08 - Mar 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's why I said 'at times'.

Blair had Iraq, Cameron had the referendum.

Point taken.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024