Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal 19:50 - Mar 26 with 2032 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes or no?
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:50 - Mar 26 with 2025 viewsJ2BLUE

No. Second referendum is though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:53 - Mar 26 with 2005 viewsBluefish

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:50 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

No. Second referendum is though.

That is revoke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:54 - Mar 26 with 1998 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d say no. On the basis that no deal is still the legal default. And neither have a cat in hell’s chance by the look of it. So equally ‘no’.

I wish someone had the balls to say ‘look, this is all based on a pack of lies and illegal campaigning, and we now know is baseless self-harming. Let’s call the whole thing off’. Nobody will though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:54 - Mar 26 with 1997 viewsJ2BLUE

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:53 - Mar 26 by Bluefish

That is revoke

Thought he meant revoked by parliament without a referendum as per the options they are predicted to vote on.

Truly impaired.

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:56 - Mar 26 with 1992 viewsallezlesbleus

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:54 - Mar 26 by Swansea_Blue

I’d say no. On the basis that no deal is still the legal default. And neither have a cat in hell’s chance by the look of it. So equally ‘no’.

I wish someone had the balls to say ‘look, this is all based on a pack of lies and illegal campaigning, and we now know is baseless self-harming. Let’s call the whole thing off’. Nobody will though.

My thoughts exactly. The whole thing has been a complete and utter shambles, from start to finish.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:56 - Mar 26 with 1990 viewsSuffolktractor

Don’t ask ‘yes or no’ questions, if we don’t like the answer we will just ignore it anyway.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:57 - Mar 26 with 1973 viewsBluefish

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:54 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Thought he meant revoked by parliament without a referendum as per the options they are predicted to vote on.

He probably did, I wasn't criticising i was just joining the dots. No chance a 2nd referendum with remain as an option would see leave win again

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:58 - Mar 26 with 1971 viewsgiant_stow

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:56 - Mar 26 by Suffolktractor

Don’t ask ‘yes or no’ questions, if we don’t like the answer we will just ignore it anyway.

The can be a rubbish innit, especially on complicated stuff.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:58 - Mar 26 with 1969 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, massively.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:59 - Mar 26 with 1959 viewsBloomBlue

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:53 - Mar 26 by Bluefish

That is revoke

No a second referendum wouldn't include a remain option so it's not the same.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:00 - Mar 26 with 1951 viewsBluefish

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:59 - Mar 26 by BloomBlue

You don't know that. The result will be that softest option on the paper.

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:00 - Mar 26 with 1954 viewsSuffolktractor

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:54 - Mar 26 by Swansea_Blue

Not sure all the people that voted leave did so due to lies and illegal campaigning. Some of them have opinions and can think for themselves.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:00 - Mar 26 with 1949 viewsJ2BLUE

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 19:59 - Mar 26 by BloomBlue

You're a muppet if you believe that.

Truly impaired.

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:04 - Mar 26 with 1935 viewsBluefish

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:00 - Mar 26 by Suffolktractor

Not sure all the people that voted leave did so due to lies and illegal campaigning. Some of them have opinions and can think for themselves.

The portion that voted leave due to believing the lies will change to remain or not vote. The rest that voted due to being racists or little englanders will still vote leave. The majority of the population will vote remain

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:08 - Mar 26 with 1916 viewsSuffolktractor

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:04 - Mar 26 by Bluefish

The portion that voted leave due to believing the lies will change to remain or not vote. The rest that voted due to being racists or little englanders will still vote leave. The majority of the population will vote remain

Good news, from your maths that means racism is a minority thing in this country.
Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:12 - Mar 26 with 1909 viewsBluefish

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:08 - Mar 26 by Suffolktractor

Good news, from your maths that means racism is a minority thing in this country.

It is

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 1803 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, probably no. Because 'revoke' would involve leadership on both sides of the house putting the country before their own petty concerns.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 21:19 - Mar 26 with 1799 viewsBlueBadger

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 20:00 - Mar 26 by Suffolktractor

The fact that a large number listened to the likes of Boris and seem reluctant to change their minds in the face of the accumulated evidence that it's a patently stupid idea suggests otherwise, I fear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 21:33 - Mar 26 with 1775 viewsfactual_blue

It depends.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 21:43 - Mar 26 with 1755 viewsfactual_blue

Your last five words were incorrectly included.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 22:26 - Mar 26 with 1712 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Quick question is revoke more likely than no deal on 21:19 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

The fact that a large number listened to the likes of Boris and seem reluctant to change their minds in the face of the accumulated evidence that it's a patently stupid idea suggests otherwise, I fear.

This is my fear. We live in our echo chambers and enjoy the polls that suit our own views so we tend to think a second referendum would favour remain. However, few of the leave voters I know have actually changed their minds, or if they have they are keeping very quiet about it. Even some who I suspect may have voted remain argue that the democratic thing is to leave because that was the result of the referendum.

I would be no more sure of remain as the outcome of a second referendum than the first time round (although I was surprised that time). I think a lot would depend on the wording on the ballot paper.

What gets me is still this tribalist "we won, you lost" rather than any thought or suggestion of what is for the best. There would be 2 potential disasters if a second referendum happened. One is a vote for a hard Brexit (if it were offered) or a similar 48-52 type outcome. The other would be a remain 52%-leave 48% type outcome. What a mess it all is.

That said, I think it should be put back to the electorate now there is some clarity over what leave might mean. e.g. May deal v remain or two options remain v leave followed by May deal v no deal. Hopefully there will be an even softer option on the table by the time it goes to a referendum if it does. More likely a softer option might gain a consensus in parliament in my opinion but who really knows.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024