Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? 22:49 - Mar 26 with 3945 viewssparks

I know there's an awful lot of strong competition but seriously...

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-christopher-chope-suggests-people-get-fitter-
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 23:06]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 23:22 - Mar 26 with 3857 viewsjeera

He thinks the answer to knife crime is to tackle the assailant in hand to hand combat.

What could possibly go wrong there?

At best I'm probably just more likely to be attacked by some tooled up kids who also know a bit of Kung Foo.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:16 - Mar 27 with 3822 viewsGuthrum

He's the same MP who filibustered backbench bills on revenge evictions, ending hospital parking charges for carers, upskirting and female genital mutilation, among others. Plus blocking a load of other things which had popular, cross parliamentary and even government support (such as a proposed conference in the HoC chamber to mark the centenery of women's suffrage in the UK). He has distinctly eccentric views.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:27 - Mar 27 with 3804 viewsJ2BLUE

Get fatter and protect those vital organs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:43 - Mar 27 with 3788 viewsCoastalblue

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 23:22 - Mar 26 by jeera

He thinks the answer to knife crime is to tackle the assailant in hand to hand combat.

What could possibly go wrong there?

At best I'm probably just more likely to be attacked by some tooled up kids who also know a bit of Kung Foo.

Well in that case just give everybody a gun, that'll see the end of knife crime. I bet the States don't have a big problem with knife crime?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:45 - Mar 27 with 3783 viewsjeera

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:43 - Mar 27 by Coastalblue

Well in that case just give everybody a gun, that'll see the end of knife crime. I bet the States don't have a big problem with knife crime?

The bloke's an idiot if he genuinely wants to encourage people to take on someone with a knife.

If there's one thing that fecking scares me, it's a knife.*

*And snakes. I hate snakes.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 0:47]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 02:20 - Mar 27 with 3748 viewsWeWereZombies

David Amess has history:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-mp-tricked-into-condemning-a-

More recently he took up the 'cunning plan' meme in the House as if he had never actually seen Blackadded but nevertheless looked like he was channelling Baldrick and in the Badger culling debate he kept interrupting Caroline Lucas with jibes about fluffy bunnies.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:11 - Mar 27 with 3609 viewsDubtractor

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:16 - Mar 27 by Guthrum

He's the same MP who filibustered backbench bills on revenge evictions, ending hospital parking charges for carers, upskirting and female genital mutilation, among others. Plus blocking a load of other things which had popular, cross parliamentary and even government support (such as a proposed conference in the HoC chamber to mark the centenery of women's suffrage in the UK). He has distinctly eccentric views.

You spelled "He's a c#@t" wrong.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:13 - Mar 27 with 3605 viewsBluefish

If you stop at look at it again it makes a lot of sense but not sure if the context is being applied correctly or not. Giving the kids something to train in will give them a hobby and a skill to love and fill their time, it will also give them a better sense of security to mean they are less likely to carry a knife. It won't solve the problem but it could improve it. We might see more fighting though.

Always easy to point and sneer when someone suggests how to improve these complex matters but doing nothing isn't going to work either
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 7:16]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:16 - Mar 27 with 3599 viewschristiand

Once again 'Exhibit A' here just confirms why we are in a mess in this country when we have cretins like these having such an influence!!! Just so out of touch from society it's frightening.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:17 - Mar 27 with 3586 viewsfooters

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:16 - Mar 27 by Guthrum

"He has distinctly eccentric views."

Nah, he's just a cnt.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:53 - Mar 27 with 3520 viewsBlueBadger

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:13 - Mar 27 by Bluefish

If you stop at look at it again it makes a lot of sense but not sure if the context is being applied correctly or not. Giving the kids something to train in will give them a hobby and a skill to love and fill their time, it will also give them a better sense of security to mean they are less likely to carry a knife. It won't solve the problem but it could improve it. We might see more fighting though.

Always easy to point and sneer when someone suggests how to improve these complex matters but doing nothing isn't going to work either
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 7:16]

He'd probably look a lotmore credible suggesting that if his party hadn't spent the last decade(almost) cutting the funding received from councils by sort of outreach centres , youth groups that help youngsters find a better path .

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:54 - Mar 27 with 3512 viewsBluefish

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 07:53 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

He'd probably look a lotmore credible suggesting that if his party hadn't spent the last decade(almost) cutting the funding received from councils by sort of outreach centres , youth groups that help youngsters find a better path .

Hug a hoodie

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 08:01 - Mar 27 with 3505 viewsbritbiker

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 00:43 - Mar 27 by Coastalblue

Donald trump"s vision to back up his gun.lobby. If a bad person has a gun give everyone else two guns.

I do wonder if Americas answer to our knife problem would be to arm teachers with machetes.
Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 3495 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Good idea. I bet he'd get on well with this guy.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 10:46 - Mar 27 with 3391 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's not as mad as you first think, and I'm with Bluefish in this thread.

I was taught how to disarm someone with a weapon in karate - but we were also taught the best response is to run away if you can.

Poor journalism though - that headline.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 3377 viewsfooters

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 10:46 - Mar 27 by BrixtonBlue

It's not as mad as you first think, and I'm with Bluefish in this thread.

I was taught how to disarm someone with a weapon in karate - but we were also taught the best response is to run away if you can.

Poor journalism though - that headline.

So isn't it better to circumvent the martial arts bit and just teach running?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 12:06 - Mar 27 with 3334 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is this one of the most stupid things to be said by an MP ever? on 10:49 - Mar 27 by footers

So isn't it better to circumvent the martial arts bit and just teach running?

Does running need to be taught?! I can run - don't think I've ever had lessons!

Also, it's not always possible to run away. And I agree with Bluefish that young people channelling their energies into a martial art could take them away from gang culture. As well as the obvious skills, martial arts teach discipline.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024