Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BREXIT Question 08:59 - Mar 27 with 2793 viewspeterleeblue

Please can someone explain why some MP's will vote for Theresa Mays deal if she resigns but wont if she remains? Surely the deal remains the same and it will only be a matter of time before she resigns is replaced anyway.

Why does her leaving make her deal any more palatable?

Sorry if already covered elsewhere.
BREXIT Question on 09:00 - Mar 27 with 2788 viewsitfcjoe

Because they only care about their career in the Tory party and not the what is best for the country.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

BREXIT Question on 09:10 - Mar 27 with 2746 viewsvapour_trail

It is because they are c*nts to whom this is all one game that will have zero impact on them or their financially insulated families. Simple as that.

The idea of taking back control and handing it over to these charlatans was always the biggest argument for Remain.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

BREXIT Question on 09:30 - Mar 27 with 2719 viewsGeoffSentence

I don't think anyone can explain why they would do that, because it makes no sense.

It never ceases to amaze me what complete feckwits we send to parliament.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

BREXIT Question on 09:31 - Mar 27 with 2718 viewsSteve_M

BREXIT Question on 09:00 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

Because they only care about their career in the Tory party and not the what is best for the country.

That and they think they can renege on the deal as soon as they have control of the party. It's as if they think that people in the EU can't read British newspapers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BREXIT Question on 09:34 - Mar 27 with 2715 viewsGuthrum

In reality because they hope the process of negotiating the future relationship with the EU - which follows on from the Withdrawal Agreement - will end up with somebody more sympathetic to their views (less moderate, for most of them).

It might well not. Or the Government may split and collapse. Whereupon the wrangling will continue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BREXIT Question on 14:07 - Mar 27 with 2638 viewsNo9

Because the tory party don't believe in democracy only how they can reign & control
BREXIT Question on 20:26 - Mar 27 with 2572 viewsOxford_Blue

Politics
BREXIT Question on 20:29 - Mar 27 with 2559 viewspickles110564

BREXIT Question on 14:07 - Mar 27 by No9

Because the tory party don't believe in democracy only how they can reign & control

Sorry Number 9 who do you vote for?
Login to get fewer ads

BREXIT Question on 20:31 - Mar 27 with 2549 viewssparks

It doesnt. They are hypocrites.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

BREXIT Question on 20:35 - Mar 27 with 2536 viewsXYZ

Because they're either self-serving charlatans who get a stiffy when given a sniff of power or the hangers-on to such priapic tosspots.
BREXIT Question on 20:53 - Mar 27 with 2500 viewsLord_Lucan

It's because if it doesn't go through they fear that Brexit will not happen. They also know that May is useless but if they vote for her deal on the proviso she goes they might be able to retrieve the clusterfeck she has created once she's gone.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BREXIT Question on 21:12 - Mar 27 with 2455 viewsBloomBlue

What's confusing me is No deal is in the indicative list.

I admit I want to leave with No deal, but the HoC voted to take No Deal off the table but now it's listed in the indicative votes, so let's say No deal is the chosen indicative option (very unlikely I know) does that mean the HoC with then vote it down again? Confused

It seems a bit pointless having it on the list
BREXIT Question on 21:17 - Mar 27 with 2442 viewsTrequartista

BREXIT Question on 21:12 - Mar 27 by BloomBlue

What's confusing me is No deal is in the indicative list.

I admit I want to leave with No deal, but the HoC voted to take No Deal off the table but now it's listed in the indicative votes, so let's say No deal is the chosen indicative option (very unlikely I know) does that mean the HoC with then vote it down again? Confused

It seems a bit pointless having it on the list

No deal cannot be removed because it is what happens if you don't choose something else. You can vote for it, but not against it.

For example, if you vote for having no dinner tonight, you will have no dinner. If you vote against having no dinner tonight, if you don't make any dinner, you will still have no dinner.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

BREXIT Question on 22:26 - Mar 27 with 2361 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BREXIT Question on 21:17 - Mar 27 by Trequartista

No deal cannot be removed because it is what happens if you don't choose something else. You can vote for it, but not against it.

For example, if you vote for having no dinner tonight, you will have no dinner. If you vote against having no dinner tonight, if you don't make any dinner, you will still have no dinner.

Oops nobody noticed the deadline and we left without thinking to revoke Article 50.

I suppose it would be in keeping with the whole lets leave it until the last month before we actually try to agree a deal. They have treated it rather like a lazy student treats coursework - only start on it when the deadline looms so large it can no longer be ignored.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BREXIT Question on 22:41 - Mar 27 with 2345 viewsjaykay

BREXIT Question on 09:30 - Mar 27 by GeoffSentence

I don't think anyone can explain why they would do that, because it makes no sense.

It never ceases to amaze me what complete feckwits we send to parliament.

i have never ever sent anyone to parliament, i live in suffolk coastal which was eye , so the 13 times i have voted, i never got the m.p. i wanted

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

BREXIT Question on 22:44 - Mar 27 with 2338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BREXIT Question on 22:41 - Mar 27 by jaykay

i have never ever sent anyone to parliament, i live in suffolk coastal which was eye , so the 13 times i have voted, i never got the m.p. i wanted

And that is the problem with democracy and especially a first-past-the-post system.

What is the quote?

Democracy is the worst form of government ... aside from all the rest.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BREXIT Question on 07:16 - Mar 28 with 2271 viewsBlueBoots

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

BREXIT Question on 07:43 - Mar 28 with 2241 viewsElephantintheRoom

Because Brexit only exists for career and money making opportunities in right wing factions of a divided Tory party. May going releases more space at the trough.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

BREXIT Question on 09:29 - Mar 28 with 2190 viewsGeoffSentence

BREXIT Question on 22:41 - Mar 27 by jaykay

Alas, it's the same in my part of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle. Unless you want a tory you never get proper representation. In fact it is the same through most of rural east-anglia.

Oh to be in a marginal seat, where my vote would actually make a difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024