Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rights and wrongs of Brexit aside, this is still astonishing 07:55 - Mar 28 with 623 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47726977

Buried a little in the main news of Brexit but the fact that we can't handle the practicalities professionally suggests any "plan" is a non-starter. I suggest those Nigerian princes start writing their letters to the government.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rights and wrongs of Brexit aside, this is still astonishing on 08:15 - Mar 28 with 563 viewsbournemouthblue

There's something decidedly dodgy by this whole affair

I think a major ferry company was suing the government for something to do with the awarding of the contract?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Rights and wrongs of Brexit aside, this is still astonishing on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 530 viewsfactual_blue

I would be 95% certain that failin' Grayling demanded that a British company got a contract for the ferry contracts, and that's how this sorry story started. I would also suspect that the senior officials involved sought legal advice before proceeding that they weren't actually breaking the law - a no-no for Civil Servants. What we know of the 'deal' appears to have broke all the rules of Government Procurement.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 9:15]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rights and wrongs of Brexit aside, this is still astonishing on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 487 viewsRyorry

Sadly absolutely no surprise whatsoever, given the history & backgrounds of Tory governments since 2015 (and before).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024