Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? 14:36 - Mar 28 with 20089 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I voted leave. I was taken in by their lies (money reasons and law reasons were my two reasons for voting this way). I think both sides campaigns were awful and neither massively convinced me either way. Anyway.. I voted leave. Probably should’ve voted remain. I believe the government have totally ballsed it up and anyone voting Tory in the next election after this must just blindly follow them like they’re a football team they support.

Now.. if there was a second referendum, despite thinking I ought to have voted remain, I wouldn’t vote. Because whether I regret my vote or not, ‘leave’ democratically won the vote. Having a second referendum because the surprising result happened and the government have fooked it up is surely making a mockery of the voting system. If ‘remain’ had won, there wouldn’t have been a second one. So why should there be one because it went the way the government didn’t expect and haven’t been able to handle? For me, voting to remain would be voting to ignore the original democratic wishes of the country which is worse than leaving the EU now.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 4106 viewschicoazul

must just blindly follow them like they’re a football team they support.

This is literally how most people vote.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:37 - Mar 28 with 4105 viewsJ2BLUE

Both. Democracy is an ongoing thing. A second vote is entirely appropriate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:39 - Mar 28 with 4096 viewsStokieBlue

"‘leave’ democratically won the vote"

"I was taken in by their lies"

Can something be fairly won based on lies? Democracy is ongoing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:40 - Mar 28 with 4090 viewsusm

You are correct young man.

If there is another Referendum - and I believe there should not be - we should all vote Leave, because that is what was democratically voted for last time, unless of course you do not believe in democracy...

And I voted Remain...

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:41 - Mar 28 with 4072 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:39 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

"‘leave’ democratically won the vote"

"I was taken in by their lies"

Can something be fairly won based on lies? Democracy is ongoing.

SB

Stokie proving why he is the real POTY again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:41 - Mar 28 with 4072 viewsusm

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:37 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Both. Democracy is an ongoing thing. A second vote is entirely appropriate.

So how often should we vote? Every three years ?

FOYSC

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:42 - Mar 28 with 4062 viewsJ2BLUE

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:40 - Mar 28 by usm

If there is another Referendum - and I believe there should not be - we should all vote Leave, because that is what was democratically voted for last time, unless of course you do not believe in democracy...

And I voted Remain...

democracy (dĭ-mŏkˈrə-sē)►
n. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
n. A political or social unit that has such a government.
n. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.

Doesn't say anything about changing your mind. If leave is still the wish of the people then leave will win. What is wrong with testing the water?

Truly impaired.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:42 - Mar 28 with 4061 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:40 - Mar 28 by usm

And I voted Remain...

This whole process has shown the wildly different ways in which people understand the concept of 'Democracy'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:44 - Mar 28 with 4052 viewsJ2BLUE

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:41 - Mar 28 by usm

So how often should we vote? Every three years ?

I sometimes get something out of the freezer for dinner before I go out. Then I come home and think I really don't fancy it. I change my mind over something so minor. This is a massively important crossroads for our country. Is a confirmation referendum really that bad of an idea?

Truly impaired.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:46 - Mar 28 with 4033 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:44 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

I sometimes get something out of the freezer for dinner before I go out. Then I come home and think I really don't fancy it. I change my mind over something so minor. This is a massively important crossroads for our country. Is a confirmation referendum really that bad of an idea?

A lucky escape for whatever bin bound defrosted food item you've decided against.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:46 - Mar 28 with 4031 viewsRyorry

Friend told me y'day that she knows someone w. severe mental health problems who literally doesn't know the time of day, but voted leave because all her family did. No doubt there are many other examples on both sides out there. Just another reason why such a complex issue shouldn't have been decided by a referendum in the first place.

Meanwhile, happened to get this in my email just 2 mins ago -

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2019/03/ico-fine

"19 March 2019
News
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Vote Leave Limited £40,000 for sending out thousands of unsolicited text messages in the run up to the 2016 EU referendum.

An ICO investigation found that Vote Leave sent 196,154 text messages promoting the aims of the Leave campaign with the majority containing a link to its website.

The investigation also found that Vote Leave was unable to provide evidence that the people who received the messages had given their consent; a key requirement of electronic marketing law."
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 14:49]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

ysc (n/t) on 14:48 - Mar 28 with 4011 viewsDyland

And I voted Remain...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:51 - Mar 28 with 3983 viewsBlueBadger

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:44 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Second senetence here.
Red lines! by BlueBadger 24 Mar 2019 11:10
Actually, there is. Be a grown up, acknowledge it for the costly, embarrassing, destructive, divisive clusterf*ck that it is and forget about the whole stupid idea.

We didn't call a boat 'Boaty McBoatface' despite the Will of the People saying we should because it was patently a stupid idea, neither should we do this. At the very least not without further consultation now YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE GETTING.

https://worcesterobserver.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ledbydonkeys-579x434.jpg

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:52 - Mar 28 with 3974 viewswkj

Any time there is a vote, people should vote for what they believe is the right decision.

When a formed government fails, a referendum or general election should happen.

This is why a 2nd vote, or GE is democratic, as the government isn't able to perform as the DUP has rejected May's deal, and her own party is fractured.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:55 - Mar 28 with 3953 viewsfooters

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:41 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Stokie proving why he is the real POTY again.

Short memory. You've forgot how Uncle Bulgaria slandered us yesterday, haven't you?

And rommy, don't worry about voting. Only tragic berks follow politics.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:55 - Mar 28 with 3953 viewsSarge

The right decision is more important. And as others have said asking the people what they want to do now is democracy in action. We have a general election at least every 5 years so the public can fix the mistakes of the last one (or not as it usually pans out) so why is holding another referendum such a problem?
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:00 - Mar 28 with 3901 viewswkj

If you need a bit of extra information Romford there is an editorialised summary here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/30880972

Crybaby

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:01 - Mar 28 with 3894 viewsSteve_M

If you think that your decision-making last time was flawed, and as you state there were good reasons for it, why should you not want to change that?

If remain had won then we would have kept the status quo rather than having an existential change to the country's economy and political system that even the leave voters in the cabinet, let alone the Tory party or the country as a whole, can't agree what it was meant to mean.

It's more important to do the right thing for the country than honour a flawed vote here. Also, at your age, free movement gives you the opportunity to go and work within the EU. I wouldn't reduce your chances of doing that either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:01 - Mar 28 with 3891 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

"If ‘remain’ had won, there wouldn’t have been a second one. So why should there be one because it went the way the government didn’t expect and haven’t been able to handle?"

I believe had Remain won.. Even if it was 60/40 then Farage and Co would have been campaigning every minute since for a second referendum and would probably get with within 5 years of the first, given the muck that was dragged up the first time round there would have been appetite from the electorate to look at it again.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:03 - Mar 28 with 3881 viewsXYZ

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 14:46 - Mar 28 by Ryorry

Friend told me y'day that she knows someone w. severe mental health problems who literally doesn't know the time of day, but voted leave because all her family did. No doubt there are many other examples on both sides out there. Just another reason why such a complex issue shouldn't have been decided by a referendum in the first place.

Meanwhile, happened to get this in my email just 2 mins ago -

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2019/03/ico-fine

"19 March 2019
News
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Vote Leave Limited £40,000 for sending out thousands of unsolicited text messages in the run up to the 2016 EU referendum.

An ICO investigation found that Vote Leave sent 196,154 text messages promoting the aims of the Leave campaign with the majority containing a link to its website.

The investigation also found that Vote Leave was unable to provide evidence that the people who received the messages had given their consent; a key requirement of electronic marketing law."
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 14:49]

If you use a comparison website to get an insurance quote, the consent you blithely click gives every insurance company access to your data.

Aaron Banks owns "GoSkippy" - this (or an earlier) fine relates to data flowing between his insurance business and the Leave.eu team.

I wouldn't trust my data to Aaron Banks.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:03 - Mar 28 with 3881 viewsusm

Probably not, no - the general public should never have been allowed to vote on something this important that they dont (and never will) understand - but vote we did and we voted out, so be it.

The issue is that if we have a "confirmation" referendum, and it votes remain, we may well change our minds again, so we will need another referendum and so on and so on.

FOYSC

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:04 - Mar 28 with 3883 viewswkj

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:01 - Mar 28 by King_of_Portman_Rd

"If ‘remain’ had won, there wouldn’t have been a second one. So why should there be one because it went the way the government didn’t expect and haven’t been able to handle?"

I believe had Remain won.. Even if it was 60/40 then Farage and Co would have been campaigning every minute since for a second referendum and would probably get with within 5 years of the first, given the muck that was dragged up the first time round there would have been appetite from the electorate to look at it again.

Certain people were calling for a 2nd referendum before the votes were cast for the first one. Of course there would have been calls for a second one. As will we likely see a motion proposed for a second Scottish referendum eventually

Crybaby

ysc (n/t) on 15:09 - Mar 28 with 3854 viewsgiant_stow

ysc (n/t) on 14:48 - Mar 28 by Dyland

'you stupid c@nt' or 'you scum c@nt'?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ysc (n/t) on 15:10 - Mar 28 with 3847 viewsSpruceMoose

ysc (n/t) on 15:09 - Mar 28 by giant_stow

'you stupid c@nt' or 'you scum c@nt'?

Why not both!?

ysc (n/t) on 15:11 - Mar 28 with 3843 viewsgiant_stow

ysc (n/t) on 15:10 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Why not both!?

Hey, I'm not judging - anything's fine - just want clarity from mr potty mouth.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024