Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Deal..... 11:01 - Mar 29 with 13737 viewshampstead_blue

Mervyn King on this morning's Today program put together a really interesting case for No Deal.

Take out the words 'crashing' and 'we're all doomed' and he talks sense. He was the Gov og the BoE FGS!

If the EU won't open the deal then we get an extension for 6 months and plan more for no deal.
He says that much of the work has been done.
He also accepts some short term minor shocks but points out a number of credible metrics as to how the economy has performed against Osbourne, Carney et all's prediction of recession and doom.

I'm a Lever, dead right, but am not for burning the house down. I do think he's got a lot of good points but doubt he will get much airtime as the media is bias to Remain (light tough paper)..........

I'm sure many will jump all over this but it's come from a highly regarded source AND HE LOVES CRICKET!!!! Can't be bad.......

Oh, it's a lovely sunny day in Wilts. All happy.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

No Deal..... on 11:04 - Mar 29 with 4872 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm the opposite to you.

I'm a remainer but if we leave I'm happy to "Crash out"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

No Deal..... on 11:05 - Mar 29 with 4864 viewsDyland

I can't be alone as someone who voted remain who would rather see no deal as well.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

snap (n/t) on 11:06 - Mar 29 with 4853 viewsDyland

No Deal..... on 11:04 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

I'm the opposite to you.

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:10 - Mar 29 with 4841 viewsBlueBadger

No Deal..... on 11:05 - Mar 29 by Dyland

I can't be alone as someone who voted remain who would rather see no deal as well.

Well, if there's one thing that this whoel farce has demonstrated it's that there's plenty of f*cking idiots who think that total and utter ruin is a price worth paying for a blue passport.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 11:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No Deal..... on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 4819 viewsBlueBadger

No Deal..... on 11:04 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

I'm the opposite to you.

Because more expensive imports, more difficult travel, the very real potential for resurgance of violence in NI, a tanking pound and public services facing shortages and increased cost of vital supplies is price worth paying for a blue passport?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

No Deal..... on 11:14 - Mar 29 with 4817 viewsgiant_stow

No Deal..... on 11:05 - Mar 29 by Dyland

Its better than the May's servitude deal as an option and would settle the arguing, so know what you mean. Give the pricks what they want and be done with it - if it goes wrong, then we know who to blame.

I'd still prefer another vote above either of those options though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No Deal..... on 11:18 - Mar 29 with 4792 viewsDyland

No Deal..... on 11:13 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Because more expensive imports, more difficult travel, the very real potential for resurgance of violence in NI, a tanking pound and public services facing shortages and increased cost of vital supplies is price worth paying for a blue passport?

A short sharp shock, for sure. But with the ability (yeh yeh I know) to sort out the deals over the coming years, instead of tying us to unfavourable terms now.

Emphasis on "short"... which is subjective... but I accept if we're leaving there will be a few years of rockiness.

No Deal..... on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 4780 viewsBlueBadger

No Deal..... on 11:18 - Mar 29 by Dyland

A short sharp shock, for sure. But with the ability (yeh yeh I know) to sort out the deals over the coming years, instead of tying us to unfavourable terms now.

Emphasis on "short"... which is subjective... but I accept if we're leaving there will be a few years of rockiness.

Are we talking 'short' in the goelogical sense here? Because the following mass deregulation, privatisation and 'liberalisation'(read:removal of rights and protections) will be nigh-on impossible to walk back. As will the loss of long-establihed industries.

Login to get fewer ads

No Deal..... on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 4775 viewsHerbivore

Most predictions see the economy still being weaker in 10 years under a no deal scenario. Would you trust this shower to negotiate favourable deals to mitigate the impact?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Deal..... on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 4776 viewsLord_Lucan

There is no point in discussing this with you Badger so let's leave it there eh.

Nice to see your polite response on your previous post by the way.

I bid you good day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I was pretty clear about what I meant on 11:23 - Mar 29 with 4760 viewsDyland

No Deal..... on 11:20 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

Are we talking 'short' in the goelogical sense here? Because the following mass deregulation, privatisation and 'liberalisation'(read:removal of rights and protections) will be nigh-on impossible to walk back. As will the loss of long-establihed industries.

Not gonna argue the toss though, cos we're actually pretty much aligned on this matter, when all is said and done.

No Deal..... on 11:23 - Mar 29 with 4759 viewsBlueBadger

No Deal..... on 11:20 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

There is no point in discussing this with you Badger so let's leave it there eh.

Nice to see your polite response on your previous post by the way.

I bid you good day.

...because I'm right. No deal is utter clusterf*ck and nobody sane, particularly running a business, should be seriously advocating for it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 11:41]

No Deal..... on 11:26 - Mar 29 with 4736 viewsEwan_Oozami

Do people realise that May's deal in not actually the end state of our relationship with the EU? It's just the point that allows us to withdraw from the EU and do trade deals with other countries, whilst at the same time opening up trade talks covering the long term relationship between Britain and the EU. Once those trade talks are concluded (probably within another 18-24 months or so) , then we are out

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

No Deal..... on 11:31 - Mar 29 with 4717 viewssoupytwist

No, but maybe that will be what it takes to expose the far right of the Tory party for the venal, self serving bellends that they are and we can start a different way of running this country.
No Deal..... on 11:33 - Mar 29 with 4709 viewsBlueBadger

No Deal..... on 11:31 - Mar 29 by soupytwist

No, but maybe that will be what it takes to expose the far right of the Tory party for the venal, self serving bellends that they are and we can start a different way of running this country.

I'm sure that 'we must make sacrifices for the greater good' is a wholly noble aim, either. It's practically a supervillain plan.

No Deal..... on 11:36 - Mar 29 with 4698 viewsSWGF

The darts player? What does he know?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

No Deal..... on 11:40 - Mar 29 with 4693 viewsGuthrum

Thing is, that's tantamount to leaving with a deal. Involves agreeing with the EU a six-month grace period to make preparations - presumably including arrangements for trade, travel, finances and so forth (not to mention participation or otherwise in EU parliamentary elections). That is just a truncated and greatly simplified version of the Withdrawal Agreement May negotiated. It's just a different deal.

No Deal means no deal, departing the EU without any preparations or agreements in place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No Deal..... on 11:40 - Mar 29 with 4680 viewsRyorry

From the sound of it, a 0.1 Lever*

*Sorry, just had keys cut, so have locks on my mind

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No Deal..... on 11:42 - Mar 29 with 4662 viewsLord_Lucan

No Deal..... on 11:26 - Mar 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Do people realise that May's deal in not actually the end state of our relationship with the EU? It's just the point that allows us to withdraw from the EU and do trade deals with other countries, whilst at the same time opening up trade talks covering the long term relationship between Britain and the EU. Once those trade talks are concluded (probably within another 18-24 months or so) , then we are out

There are a few things very wrong with the deal but to address your main point doesn't her deal stop us from doing any international trade deals until after the transition period?

Unless of course it's been changed.

No Deal..... on 11:43 - Mar 29 with 4655 viewsMattinLondon

Just out of interest what media is bias towards remain? Murdochs rags? The express? The mail?
No Deal..... on 11:53 - Mar 29 with 4623 viewsDarth_Koont

"He also accepts some short term minor shocks but points out a number of credible metrics as to how the economy has performed against Osbourne, Carney et all's prediction of recession and doom."

Be interested to see what those metrics are. Because our economic performance is within the context of still being in the EU and a massive QE injection. Leaving the EU would need to be the new base we're looking at where we need to develop new relationships all the way down to individual companies needing to change their processes and potentially their business model and markets which all costs money before tariffs or border restrictions even come into it. And all without the Bank of England pumping in money to keep things working - or is that part of the plan?

Pronouns: He/Him

No Deal..... on 12:00 - Mar 29 with 4591 viewspickles110564

Have you seen how high the pound has jumped? Is not because there is problems with the EURO?
No Deal..... on 12:05 - Mar 29 with 4561 viewshampstead_blue

No Deal..... on 11:23 - Mar 29 by BlueBadger

...because I'm right. No deal is utter clusterf*ck and nobody sane, particularly running a business, should be seriously advocating for it.

your replies are what makes the debate often pointless.

You can throw insults at those with the opposite view. It does look poor and isn't needed.

Would you like to debate or throw insults? If the latter then, as has been said, Good day.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

No Deal..... on 12:06 - Mar 29 with 4551 viewsGuthrum

No Deal..... on 11:42 - Mar 29 by Lord_Lucan

There are a few things very wrong with the deal but to address your main point doesn't her deal stop us from doing any international trade deals until after the transition period?

Unless of course it's been changed.

Certainly it does not prevent us from negotiating them, even if they perhaps cannot be enacted until the transition is finished. Once the WA is in force, we are no longer within the EU.

The whole point of the WA is as a grace period to get things sorted out (with the EU and others) for afterwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No Deal..... on 12:08 - Mar 29 with 4546 viewshampstead_blue

No Deal..... on 11:40 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

Thing is, that's tantamount to leaving with a deal. Involves agreeing with the EU a six-month grace period to make preparations - presumably including arrangements for trade, travel, finances and so forth (not to mention participation or otherwise in EU parliamentary elections). That is just a truncated and greatly simplified version of the Withdrawal Agreement May negotiated. It's just a different deal.

No Deal means no deal, departing the EU without any preparations or agreements in place.

well said Sir.

I think it's one of the most sensible ideas for a long time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024