Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burger lands at Colchester training ground 12:45 - Mar 29 with 2162 viewsCOYBitfc

A bit random this;

https://news.sky.com/story/space-burger-lands-at-colchester-uniteds-training-gro

It does make me wander, perhaps those with aviation knowledge could comment. But are people generally allowed to 'launch' balloons like this, particularly with chunky equipment attached? Just thinking of the issues if it were in the path of a plane etc. Would the planes force just push it out the way or is there a risk it could damage the fuselage if the box/go pro hit it or be ingested into the engine.....

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 13:07 - Mar 29 with 2136 viewsazuremerlangus

Very low risk I would imagine - in that much airspace it is a very small Mac rather than a big one.

Also, on a point of order I think you mean random rather than a bit.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 13:12]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 13:25 - Mar 29 with 2107 viewsGuthrum

It is a risk, however a balloon like that mostly flies well above the altitude used by aircraft. The main danger is on the way up and back down again (the latter being very difficult to predict).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 14:34 - Mar 29 with 2073 viewsCOYBitfc

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 13:07 - Mar 29 by azuremerlangus

Very low risk I would imagine - in that much airspace it is a very small Mac rather than a big one.

Also, on a point of order I think you mean random rather than a bit.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 13:12]

No, I meant 'a bit random' thanks,

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 14:42 - Mar 29 with 2068 viewsuefacup81

No different to hitting a bird at altitude/speed, I should imagine.

As far as I'm aware, planes are designed to withstand the impact of a single bird - it's when they encounter flocks that problems occur (such as the 'Miracle on the Hudson' incident).

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 16:45 - Mar 29 with 2038 viewsazuremerlangus

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 14:34 - Mar 29 by COYBitfc

No, I meant 'a bit random' thanks,

Something cannot be "a bit random". It is either random or it isn't.

Your welcome!
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 16:46]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 20:00 - Mar 29 with 1967 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 13:25 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

It is a risk, however a balloon like that mostly flies well above the altitude used by aircraft. The main danger is on the way up and back down again (the latter being very difficult to predict).

Was thinking that on the down part. Quite a cool story but somewhat lucky it landed in a field basically - as imagine it could have done some damage had it hit someone or something as it landed

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 20:17 - Mar 29 with 1952 viewsDubtractor

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 16:45 - Mar 29 by azuremerlangus

Your welcome!

You just reminded me of this. Go to 50 seconds.

edit: just listening to this brings home how lacking the new tv show is.

[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 20:22]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 20:50 - Mar 29 with 1925 viewswellhungphil

Your welcome!

Also, on a point of order I think you mean "you're" rather than "your".

Unless you were starting to say something along the lines of "Your welcome is a bit unique" or "Your welcome is a bit random" and then just left it short cos like, those in the know will know wot u mean (tips imaginary hat)!
Login to get fewer ads

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 20:56 - Mar 29 with 1917 viewsLord_Lucan

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 20:17 - Mar 29 by Dubtractor

You just reminded me of this. Go to 50 seconds.

edit: just listening to this brings home how lacking the new tv show is.

[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 20:22]

That's JRM

God bless him!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 21:16 - Mar 29 with 1899 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Your welcome!

To have edited the post but not changed "your" is a bit random.

If there were many other unchanged mistakes it would be rather more random, though.

Of course something is either random or ordered. However, the particles in a liquid are rather less randomly arranged than those in a gas. The degree of disorder is measured by a property described as entropy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 22:35 - Mar 29 with 1874 viewsthorpedo

They're trying to 'beef ' up their attack......

Thorpedo

Burger lands at Colchester training ground on 09:21 - Mar 30 with 1783 viewsbluejacko

Now then was it a Big Mac with or without bacon! that is the question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024