Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March 16:18 - Mar 29 with 4305 viewsclive_baker

Turned out to be the day the dream died for millions. Not going to take any satisfaction in the whole sh1t show, it's been a farce regardless of what side of the fence you're on, but I can't see how Brexit is going to be delivered at all. May's deal isn't getting through and the only thing the parliament do agree on is avoiding No Deal.

One way or another, it ain't happening folks. Good job too.

Now can we just sack it off once and for all and revoke Article 50, and agree to not talk about it again? Get back to spending our time, attention and money on proper issues closer to home like schools, hospitals, defence, pot holes and policing?

Can we all unite and play nice and enjoy a blisteringly hot summer in this kick ass country that we're so lucky to call home?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 2356 viewsSarge

It is going to happen though. May is far too single minded, stubborn and thick to think about putting the country before her or the Tory party. She’s a disgrace.
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 2354 viewschristiand

There could be serious repercussions come the next General Election. So many electors p*ssed off how the MPs have handled this whole Brexit affair. Whether you are a 'Brexiter or Remainer' it's been an utter shambles and embarrassment they way the MPs keep flip-flapping. Would you trust these people to actually govern us correctly, no matter who leads us? I have serious doubts. It's all about them, not what's best for the country which has become more evident as this deadline has approached. Quite looking forward to the next General Election results already, could be real carnage!! No more than they 'ALL' deserve.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:36 - Mar 29 with 2348 viewsHerbivore

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 by Sarge

It is going to happen though. May is far too single minded, stubborn and thick to think about putting the country before her or the Tory party. She’s a disgrace.

This, she'll force it through somehow I expect. Possibly by making some concession over a customs union.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 2334 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we revoke Article 50 and then let the Leave side spend a year or two actually coming up with a workable and detailed plan to put to the British people in a referendum.

Should be a doddle.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:42 - Mar 29 with 2318 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I voted leave, as I am a fisherman. I have seen the industry completely destroyed and can barley make a living now.
But even now I’m think just bloody cancel it. I understand both arguments for leave and remain.
I am just so ashamed by all our politicians, this is why I have never liked politics, they don’t care about the people only their own agendas.
In a way I hope we do stay as I can not put up with whinging remainers any longer, just shows if you cry loud enough you get your own way, great example to be setting
P.s. Corbyn getting in power is a lot more worrying than anything about Brexit, I know many business, including mine which will cease trading if he ever gets into power
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 16:44]
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:44 - Mar 29 with 2287 viewsITFC_Forever

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 by christiand

There could be serious repercussions come the next General Election. So many electors p*ssed off how the MPs have handled this whole Brexit affair. Whether you are a 'Brexiter or Remainer' it's been an utter shambles and embarrassment they way the MPs keep flip-flapping. Would you trust these people to actually govern us correctly, no matter who leads us? I have serious doubts. It's all about them, not what's best for the country which has become more evident as this deadline has approached. Quite looking forward to the next General Election results already, could be real carnage!! No more than they 'ALL' deserve.

But there's no other alternative.

Labour / Conservative / Leave / Remain, whichever side of the fence(s) they are on, the last three years have made politicians look like the incompetent, lying, self-preserving charaltans they've always been accused of. They're an embarrassment to themselves, their constituents and their country.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 16:45]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:45 - Mar 29 with 2277 viewsCoastalblue

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:36 - Mar 29 by Herbivore

This, she'll force it through somehow I expect. Possibly by making some concession over a customs union.

I'm not sure she's ever wanted it to go through, part of me thinks that she's still playing for us not to leave.

A part of me is believing more and more that actually we won't leave.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:45 - Mar 29 with 2275 viewsSarge

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:42 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

I voted leave, as I am a fisherman. I have seen the industry completely destroyed and can barley make a living now.
But even now I’m think just bloody cancel it. I understand both arguments for leave and remain.
I am just so ashamed by all our politicians, this is why I have never liked politics, they don’t care about the people only their own agendas.
In a way I hope we do stay as I can not put up with whinging remainers any longer, just shows if you cry loud enough you get your own way, great example to be setting
P.s. Corbyn getting in power is a lot more worrying than anything about Brexit, I know many business, including mine which will cease trading if he ever gets into power

In fairness, getting the referendum in the first place was the result of a sustained campaign of crying from Farage of Toad Hall. If by some miracle Brexit is cancelled I would hope that it was the result of it being clear it’s an absolutely damaging farce and not because people have been whinging about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:48 - Mar 29 with 2255 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:45 - Mar 29 by Sarge

In fairness, getting the referendum in the first place was the result of a sustained campaign of crying from Farage of Toad Hall. If by some miracle Brexit is cancelled I would hope that it was the result of it being clear it’s an absolutely damaging farce and not because people have been whinging about it.

Brexit has not damaged anything, we haven’t left yet.
It’s just the decision making that is a joke at the moment, you can not say us leaving eu is a disaster, our week arse politicians are. And farge has been campaigning long before the referendum, and it was Cameron’s fault that he called it.
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:49 - Mar 29 with 2249 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:42 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

10/10 for the ridiculous last line.

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 with 2238 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:49 - Mar 29 by Darth_Koont

10/10 for the ridiculous last line.

Really? I have spoken to many local business and they are very worried about Corbyn including our own business, just because you don’t like what I am saying doesn’t mean it is not true.
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 with 2236 viewsSarge

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:48 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

Brexit has not damaged anything, we haven’t left yet.
It’s just the decision making that is a joke at the moment, you can not say us leaving eu is a disaster, our week arse politicians are. And farge has been campaigning long before the referendum, and it was Cameron’s fault that he called it.

...sigh....no of course not you’re right, it’s not damaging at all. It’s great. That’s why the Treasury absolutely didn’t produce this report:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-unde
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 with 2230 viewsclive_baker

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 by christiand

Agreee. If Brexit doesn't go ahead, it could prove to be one of the best things to happen to this country. Exposing that group of charlatans for what they are and engaging a lost generation in politics. Clearing up the mess will take some time though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:52 - Mar 29 with 2219 viewschristiand

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:44 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

But there's no other alternative.

Labour / Conservative / Leave / Remain, whichever side of the fence(s) they are on, the last three years have made politicians look like the incompetent, lying, self-preserving charaltans they've always been accused of. They're an embarrassment to themselves, their constituents and their country.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 16:45]

It's really not finding the alternative options that bothers me, it's how they have managed the whole affair. I've actually lost the will quite frankly (like many others), but they are just behaving like petty children in the playground because they can't get their own way! They are meant to be the people we should trust and respect in a position of privilege. A terrific example they have set for all of us to follow, makes you so proud!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:53 - Mar 29 with 2214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:35 - Mar 29 by Sarge

She's prob not too unhappy with today's result.

She only needs another 30 MPs onside. Could be done with a couple of small concessions / bribes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:53 - Mar 29 with 2213 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 by Sarge

...sigh....no of course not you’re right, it’s not damaging at all. It’s great. That’s why the Treasury absolutely didn’t produce this report:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-unde

Why can’t people see past the next week, month, year, look to the future.
It might take 5 years but if we can leave a more prosperous country for our children, then I would say that is worth it, but we live in a world of instant gratifiaction
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 2199 viewsSarge

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:53 - Mar 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

She's prob not too unhappy with today's result.

She only needs another 30 MPs onside. Could be done with a couple of small concessions / bribes.

Doesn’t have to get all 30 in one go either. They’ll just be a 5th and 6th vote if required.
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 2195 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

Really? I have spoken to many local business and they are very worried about Corbyn including our own business, just because you don’t like what I am saying doesn’t mean it is not true.

Who says I don't like what you're saying?

It made me laugh.

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:56 - Mar 29 with 2178 viewsSarge

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:53 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

Why can’t people see past the next week, month, year, look to the future.
It might take 5 years but if we can leave a more prosperous country for our children, then I would say that is worth it, but we live in a world of instant gratifiaction

The report forecasts 15 years into the future!! Perhaps you ought to have actually read it, then for what I imagine is the first time in 3 years you might have actually had access to some facts.
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:56 - Mar 29 with 2172 viewsMJallday

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:51 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

corbyn getting in would be a disaster. I cant think of a single good thing that could come out of it.

tom watson however, does talk some sence. i maintain if he was in charge, id almost consider voting labour. then again, i remember what labour do to people earning anything over 40k and small and medium size businesses - and come to my senses.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:56 - Mar 29 with 2171 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:54 - Mar 29 by Darth_Koont

Who says I don't like what you're saying?

It made me laugh.

I can see where you got your forum name from
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:57 - Mar 29 with 2166 viewsDarth_Koont

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:56 - Mar 29 by never_lose_the_faith

I can see where you got your forum name from

Thanks. I like it when people get it.

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:58 - Mar 29 with 2152 viewsfactual_blue

Especially potholes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:59 - Mar 29 with 2152 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 16:56 - Mar 29 by Sarge

The report forecasts 15 years into the future!! Perhaps you ought to have actually read it, then for what I imagine is the first time in 3 years you might have actually had access to some facts.

You think they have a clue what will happen in 15 years, also I bet who is behind it are staunch remainers.
The experts have done great at predicting things of late haven’t they!!
Ironic innit, the supposed Brexit day of 29th March on 17:01 - Mar 29 with 2139 viewsballycastle

The irony is that leaving regardless of a deal or not is the only thing that has passed and it is not being honoured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024