Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon snow 13:02 - Mar 30 with 33511 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Blimey, what a ridiculous thing to say, imagine if you replaced the word white with black.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:03]
Jon snow on 13:05 - Mar 30 with 8621 viewsHerbivore

Some context would be useful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jon snow on 13:10 - Mar 30 with 8603 viewsLord_Lucan

Jon snow is a typical media luvvy w4anker full of self importance - hardly a neutral journalist.

Glastonbury Glamper!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jon snow on 13:11 - Mar 30 with 8597 viewsSpruceMoose

It's hard to imagine without knowing what he said?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jon snow on 13:11 - Mar 30 with 8584 viewsm14_blue

Jon snow on 13:10 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Jon snow is a typical media luvvy w4anker full of self importance - hardly a neutral journalist.

Glastonbury Glamper!

What’s he said?
Jon snow on 13:13 - Mar 30 with 8574 viewsLord_Lucan

Jon snow on 13:11 - Mar 30 by m14_blue

What’s he said?

He said he had never seen so many white people in one place - or something like that - about the Brexit march thingy.

He obviously had a day off when they marched for a second referendum.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Jon snow on 13:13 - Mar 30 with 8564 viewsElderGrizzly

Jon snow on 13:05 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

Some context would be useful.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:14]
Jon snow on 13:15 - Mar 30 with 8551 viewsmatteoblue

I believe this is the most racist thing ever said by a British news presenter on television. It will be interesting to see if the equality laws which now exist in this country serve to protect people of all perceived races, and not just ones of political advantage.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Jon snow on 13:16 - Mar 30 with 8535 viewsfooters

Free country, can say what he likes innit. No need to get offended.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Jon snow on 13:17 - Mar 30 with 8530 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 13:15 - Mar 30 by matteoblue

I believe this is the most racist thing ever said by a British news presenter on television. It will be interesting to see if the equality laws which now exist in this country serve to protect people of all perceived races, and not just ones of political advantage.

The white race is under attack. We must fight back. But how?

Jon snow on 13:17 - Mar 30 with 8530 viewsm14_blue

Jon snow on 13:13 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

He said he had never seen so many white people in one place - or something like that - about the Brexit march thingy.

Ah, I see. Bit silly that.

Interesting that the protests on both sides were so overwhelmingly white. I wonder why that is?
Jon snow on 13:23 - Mar 30 with 8499 viewsLord_Lucan

Jon snow on 13:13 - Mar 30 by ElderGrizzly

[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:14]

I can see three non whites on here.

Selective journalism is one of the biggest problems we face.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:24]

Jon snow on 13:23 - Mar 30 with 8491 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Jon snow on 13:16 - Mar 30 by footers

Free country, can say what he likes innit. No need to get offended.

I am not offended at all. But can you imagine how black people would react if the other way around. I agree with freedom of speech 100% .
Jon snow on 13:25 - Mar 30 with 8466 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 13:23 - Mar 30 by never_lose_the_faith

I am not offended at all. But can you imagine how black people would react if the other way around. I agree with freedom of speech 100% .

So you're upset at a hypothetical situation? Understood.

Jon snow on 13:28 - Mar 30 with 8452 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Jon snow on 13:25 - Mar 30 by footers

So you're upset at a hypothetical situation? Understood.

No I am not upset at all. You have to admit it is a stupid thing for a news presenter to say. Many people have got sacked for so much less so why should he be any different.
Jon snow on 13:29 - Mar 30 with 8433 viewsElderGrizzly

Jon snow on 13:23 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

I can see three non whites on here.

Selective journalism is one of the biggest problems we face.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 13:24]

3 of the 9 billion that were there or something like that

There was this too

Jon snow on 13:30 - Mar 30 with 8427 viewsLankHenners

Can anyone articulate the actual problem here? Unless I’ve missed a part where he said ‘everyone here is white, and I hate white people’ then this looks like another big fuss about nothing.

Slightly daft comment by a leading broadcaster perhaps but nothing worth getting in a stew about.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jon snow on 13:32 - Mar 30 with 8411 viewsWeWereZombies

Jon snow on 13:13 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Did he say what, if anything, was wrong with so many white people being in one place?

Or do you think his producer suggested in his earpiece that he should say something innocuous that the easily offended could go into a meltdown over?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Jon snow on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 8370 viewsHerbivore

So many gammonflakes around these days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jon snow on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 8371 viewsJ2BLUE

It's just a throwaway line designed to get a pat on the back from Guardian readers.

It's not offensive, just a bit desperate. He must show he is ashamed of being a straight white man because apparently you can't believe in equality unless you make a big deal of it and make sure the world knows.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jon snow on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 8369 viewsElderGrizzly

Jon snow on 13:30 - Mar 30 by LankHenners

Can anyone articulate the actual problem here? Unless I’ve missed a part where he said ‘everyone here is white, and I hate white people’ then this looks like another big fuss about nothing.

Slightly daft comment by a leading broadcaster perhaps but nothing worth getting in a stew about.

Maybe he should have focussed on these lovely leave supporters

Jon snow on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 8367 viewsMullet

Jon snow on 13:15 - Mar 30 by matteoblue

So you're saying white people are already protected by them then?

It was central London and he's saying it's full of white people, isn't he just making a pro-Brexit statement with that? You should be chuffed surely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jon snow on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 8366 viewsnoggin

I've never seen so many white bald heads in one place. Is that racist?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jon snow on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 8374 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I do agree, in the world we used to love and live in that would be acceptable, but now the uk has gone pc mad, you can not say anything against anyone only white English people who seem to be fair game.
I wish we still had freedom of speech but that has gone long ago, the elite may still pretend we do but we all know that is not true. For me his comments are just an observational, but there was a more undertone dig I feel at the white so callled racists as there was so many different ethnic origins on this march, and of course there will be more white people, we are English a predominantly white race
Jon snow on 13:37 - Mar 30 with 8354 viewsfooters

Jon snow on 13:35 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

It's just a throwaway line designed to get a pat on the back from Guardian readers.

It's not offensive, just a bit desperate. He must show he is ashamed of being a straight white man because apparently you can't believe in equality unless you make a big deal of it and make sure the world knows.

He is just doing the bidding of his pansy paymasters and the heathen Chinee.

Jon snow on 13:37 - Mar 30 with 8364 viewssparks

Its clearly the sub text- which is the idea that brexiteers are largely ignorant white folk.

But it wasnt racist in any meaningful way- even if it was an unsubtle comment on the demographics.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024