Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record 18:59 - Mar 30 with 9257 viewsjasondozzell

He's done an excellent job - football has been much better, we've outplayed some of the stronger sides in division, he's repaired rift between supporters and club and blooded youngsters. He isn't a miracle worker - so fed up of a few fans moaning if we don't win. We all know the situation we inherited.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 19:00]
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 18:59 - Mar 30 with 5895 viewswkj

To be fair we're all irritated by Brenner saying much of anything so this is quite plausible

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:00 - Mar 30 with 5882 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How dare anyone question a record that is worse than Hurst’s

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:01 - Mar 30 with 5857 viewsMrTown

That was my initial reaction, but the longer it went on the more doubt started creeping in.

Agree, cannot stand to bemoaning of him. Hope he’s here next year to rebuild.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:02 - Mar 30 with 5856 viewsjasondozzell

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:00 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No problem with questioning, that's Brenner's job, but feel the way he framed the question was a bit unfair. Hardly as if supporters are really questioning Lambert!
Context is all.
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:02 - Mar 30 with 5845 viewsjasondozzell

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 18:59 - Mar 30 by wkj

To be fair we're all irritated by Brenner saying much of anything so this is quite plausible

True!
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:03 - Mar 30 with 5811 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:02 - Mar 30 by jasondozzell

No problem with questioning, that's Brenner's job, but feel the way he framed the question was a bit unfair. Hardly as if supporters are really questioning Lambert!
Context is all.

Some certainly are - you can see it on here aswell as just generally speaking to Town fans

The question couldn’t have been softer if it tried either, hardly a hatchet job - in fact it was pretty much framed for an ‘inherited an impossible situation’ type response. You’d think he’d be used to the local press questioning his record after his last few jobs...

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:04 - Mar 30 with 5804 viewsGuthrum

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:00 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It isn't. It's practically identical in terms of points per game. And considerably better in team cohesion and style of play.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:05 - Mar 30 with 5773 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:04 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

It isn't. It's practically identical in terms of points per game. And considerably better in team cohesion and style of play.

‘Practically identical’ - but marginally worse

Login to get fewer ads

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:07 - Mar 30 with 5747 viewschristiand

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:04 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

Guthrum, you can't come on here and make a sensible post like that, those aren't the rules especially after a defeat!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:10 - Mar 30 with 5711 viewsRegencyBlue

Maybe, maybe not.

Lamberts PR has been excellent so far. I’ve only heard the interview once driving home but he was frankly evasive and came out with the phrase “If the club still want me here”, not the fans but the club.

My first thought was that something is happening behind the scenes but who knows what!
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:13 - Mar 30 with 5671 viewsjas0999

I don’t think he sounded irritated nor concerned that someone would question his record. He is a very honest fella and will himself know that results have been poor.
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:19 - Mar 30 with 5616 viewsGuthrum

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:05 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Practically identical’ - but marginally worse

0.018 points per game, which amounts to less than a point over an entire season.

Or practically identical.

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:20 - Mar 30 with 5607 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:19 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

0.018 points per game, which amounts to less than a point over an entire season.

Or practically identical.

But still worse

Even if you stick with identical, being level with our worst ever manager is hardly a ringing endorsement, is it?

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:37 - Mar 30 with 5489 viewsIllinoisblue

I like the guy but let’s not kid ourselves; he has NOT done an excellent job

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:18 - Mar 30 with 5351 viewsRegencyBlue

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:37 - Mar 30 by Illinoisblue

I like the guy but let’s not kid ourselves; he has NOT done an excellent job

He’s done what he can with the hand he was dealt.

We all wish he could have done better but this is down to Evans. Years of penny pinching and, frankly, asset stripping weakened the club to such an extent that Hursts ridiculous reign was the final nail in the coffin.

The damage was already done.
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:40 - Mar 30 with 5260 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:18 - Mar 30 by RegencyBlue

We all wish he could have done better but this is down to Evans. Years of penny pinching and, frankly, asset stripping weakened the club to such an extent that Hursts ridiculous reign was the final nail in the coffin.

You’re right, no one else could possibly have achieved more than 2 wins in 25

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 5220 viewsSuperblue95

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:40 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You’re right, no one else could possibly have achieved more than 2 wins in 25

When he was set to be appointed I’d be amazed if anybody would have wanted him if they’d known he’d get 2 wins in 25.

But because he’s talked to a few club legends and said some nice things about the club he can do no wrong in many peoples eyes

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:15 - Mar 30 with 5133 viewsGuthrum

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 19:20 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But still worse

Even if you stick with identical, being level with our worst ever manager is hardly a ringing endorsement, is it?

It isn't a ringing endorsement. But he was using the squad left behind by that manager (low in confidence and devoid of goalscorers), with limited additions in January. It's not like he had a pretty free hand in the transfer market and an entire preseason to set things up how he wanted them.

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:31 - Mar 30 with 5096 viewsericclacton

I'm far king Diss custard, they are just going through the motions till seasons end. Our club is in a really strange custardy place at the moment.
supporters are just sitting there expecting it to change straight away, nothing is going to change until we are a third div club......that's when names and comings and goings will come flooding out of the clubs news custard tins.
I mean you ask anybody, you ask me.
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:32 - Mar 30 with 5086 viewswkj

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:31 - Mar 30 by ericclacton

I'm far king Diss custard, they are just going through the motions till seasons end. Our club is in a really strange custardy place at the moment.
supporters are just sitting there expecting it to change straight away, nothing is going to change until we are a third div club......that's when names and comings and goings will come flooding out of the clubs news custard tins.
I mean you ask anybody, you ask me.

love you

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:33 - Mar 30 with 5083 viewsmonty_radio

I can't hear any irritation in his tone at all. It seemed more like an opportunity he was taking to give a first public indication of a change in background circumstance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 22:31 - Mar 30 with 4945 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 21:15 - Mar 30 by Guthrum

It isn't a ringing endorsement. But he was using the squad left behind by that manager (low in confidence and devoid of goalscorers), with limited additions in January. It's not like he had a pretty free hand in the transfer market and an entire preseason to set things up how he wanted them.

That squad averaged more points in the last 5 games under Hurst than it has under Lambert. The job he took on was quite literally to restore confidence and improve results - if he leaves tomorrow he’ll have failed miserably

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 13:15 - Mar 31 with 4689 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:18 - Mar 30 by RegencyBlue

And large percent of our fans think we can come back better and stronger. Hilariously deluded people as they forget that we are owned by Evans and the downward spiral is going to continue.
I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 15:29 - Mar 31 with 4557 viewswarkthisway

An excellent job? Ha Ha - he was brought in to save us from relegation- have you seen the table -? a massive bluffer I’m afraid !

bentnkuqi

I think Lambert was just a bit irritated by Brenner questioning his record on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 4393 viewstpsontour

PR Lambert's done an excellent job? Ludicrous. His PR is excellent. His results have been utterly pathetic, albeit with some mitigation for the mess he inherited.

Mick McCarthy did an excellent job when Evans' budget has been consistently bottom six in the division. Under Mick we won between 13 and 22 matches each season.

There's obvious ways to win Championship games with limited players - first and foremost being hard to beat; being organised defensively, even playing five at the back if necessary to shore things up and get some clean sheets. Being strong at attacking and defending set pieces should be a priority.

All I see from Lambert is hot air PR and an attempt to take teams on in open games of football. Fine if you have players good enough to do it but a recipe for continually failing to win football matches if you don't and there is no Plan B.

As Mick Mills said on Radio Suffolk: "We're not streetwise enough. When you're on the football pitch, be hard, be nasty, be ruthless. Win the game. Do it in a beautiful way if that's your capabilities. Tear the opposition apart with beautiful football if that's what you're capable of. If it's not beautiful football that you're capable of do it with tough football, do it with positive football, denying the opposition space and time, just want to be a winner for goodness sake."

There in a nutshell you have it, the difference between Mick McCarthy knowing how to assemble a team that is hard-to-beat competitive week in week out so that limited players regularly win football matches and Paul Lambert - now 2 wins from 25 - trying in vain to play the beautiful game with wet behind the ears Academy kids and limited players.

If Lambert genuinely thinks we were 'really, really good' yesterday he will be in for another rude awakening when we field our callow under 23 kids in a direct football, proper men's league next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024