Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
77th minute 21:48 - Mar 30 with 4311 viewsParamedic

With all the doldrums and uncertainty, who was there when Osborne put the ball past Jennings. Fa cup takes, just trying to lift the mood!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 22:11]

AllalallalSunderland

77th minute on 21:54 - Mar 30 with 3496 viewsFtnfwest

Quarter, semi, but didn’t get a final ticket...!
77th minute on 21:56 - Mar 30 with 3485 viewsParamedic

77th minute on 21:54 - Mar 30 by Ftnfwest

Never made the quarter and that was probably a good thing. Made Highbury and the final. Absolute glory days.

AllalallalSunderland

77th minute on 21:57 - Mar 30 with 3478 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 21:56 - Mar 30 by Paramedic

Never made the quarter and that was probably a good thing. Made Highbury and the final. Absolute glory days.

Went to all three. TWTD.
77th minute on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 3436 viewsPJH

Yes, I was there-quite a good day wasn't it?

Sorry to be pedantic but could you please edit that 'u' out of Osborne?
77th minute on 22:12 - Mar 30 with 3420 viewsParamedic

77th minute on 22:07 - Mar 30 by PJH

Yes, I was there-quite a good day wasn't it?

Sorry to be pedantic but could you please edit that 'u' out of Osborne?

Anything for you sir.

AllalallalSunderland

77th minute on 22:13 - Mar 30 with 3411 viewsPJH

77th minute on 22:12 - Mar 30 by Paramedic

Anything for you sir.

Thank you.
77th minute on 22:22 - Mar 30 with 3393 viewsfactual_blue

77th minute on 21:54 - Mar 30 by Ftnfwest

Every game except the Third Round.

And the Final.

norwich went out that year in the third round to eventual semi-finalists Leyton Orient.

Just saying.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

77th minute on 22:28 - Mar 30 with 3375 viewsParamedic

77th minute on 22:22 - Mar 30 by factual_blue

Every game except the Third Round.

And the Final.

norwich went out that year in the third round to eventual semi-finalists Leyton Orient.

Just saying.

Cardiff away. No me neither. I remember the 4_1 defeat of Hartlepool well and then the 2_2 at Bristol Rovers which was the first time I had seen Town play in a different colour than blue, yellow or white. I was quite excited by that

AllalallalSunderland

Login to get fewer ads

77th minute on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 3352 viewsMeadowlark

Whole run except 3rd round. Went to all the away games in mate's Mini Cooper.
Got a flat tyre going to Bristol and no spare, but somehow we managed to get there and back. Details are a bit blurred.
Millwall was the dodgy one. Highbury semifinal was epic, final was never in doubt!
77th minute on 22:38 - Mar 30 with 3336 viewsParamedic

77th minute on 22:33 - Mar 30 by Meadowlark

Got a flat tyre going to Bristol and no spare, but somehow we managed to get there and back. Details are a bit blurred.
Millwall was the dodgy one. Highbury semifinal was epic, final was never in doubt!

Agree semi seems to sit in my mind probably more so than the final.whether it was the Talbot/Wile clash of heads or the fact that we were not fancied to win. Fantastic atmos and scenes that day.

AllalallalSunderland

77th minute on 22:38 - Mar 30 with 3335 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 22:33 - Mar 30 by Meadowlark

Arguably Highbury was more emotional than Wembley. Millwall was fanhtastic from a football point of view , but walking back to New Cross Gate was scary.
77th minute on 22:42 - Mar 30 with 3323 viewsGodzilla

I was there as a teenager, had moved on from Suffolk and had to take ferry and coach to go (no budget airlines back then). Converted a seriously bonkers Scot and his Welsh mate, on their way to Lowestoft to work the trawlers, into wanting Town to win. Club still as important to me now as then - up or down.
77th minute on 08:24 - Mar 31 with 3185 viewsPJH

77th minute on 22:38 - Mar 30 by blueislander

Arguably Highbury was more emotional than Wembley. Millwall was fanhtastic from a football point of view , but walking back to New Cross Gate was scary.

Agree on both points.
The win at Highbury meant so much because we were going to Wembley.
The Millwall experience is never to be forgotten.
77th minute on 13:34 - Mar 31 with 3072 viewsgainsboroughblue

I remember thinking some sort of omen was in the offing in 91-92 when we put Hartlepool out then possibly would play Bristol Rovers in the next round. Liverpool put paid to that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

77th minute on 14:10 - Mar 31 with 3043 viewsWickets

Who was also there when Crawford headed that goal !!
77th minute on 14:13 - Mar 31 with 3038 viewsPJH

77th minute on 14:10 - Mar 31 by Wickets

Crawford headed lots of goals but if you mean April 28th 1962 then I was.
77th minute on 14:15 - Mar 31 with 3034 viewsChris_Knights

77th minute on 14:10 - Mar 31 by Wickets

Yes I was there with my Grandad. Aged 12... he was a steward at Portman road and the club gave each steward two tickets each ... so I was a very lucky lad ... never every forget the day and the singing on the cornhill that night !!
77th minute on 14:24 - Mar 31 with 3022 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 14:13 - Mar 31 by PJH

Crawford headed lots of goals but if you mean April 28th 1962 then I was.

I wasn’t at the Villa game. Lots of wonderful memories of that season, but the most abiding is the 6-2 win over Burnley early in the season.
77th minute on 14:32 - Mar 31 with 3014 viewsPJH

77th minute on 14:24 - Mar 31 by blueislander

I wasn’t at the Villa game. Lots of wonderful memories of that season, but the most abiding is the 6-2 win over Burnley early in the season.

That night against Burnley was wonderful, all five forwards on the score sheet and our first ever win in the top flight.
77th minute on 14:52 - Mar 31 with 2994 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 14:32 - Mar 31 by PJH

That night against Burnley was wonderful, all five forwards on the score sheet and our first ever win in the top flight.

I can picture Dixie scoring with a diving heade in front of the North Stand , but not sure it was that game?
77th minute on 15:14 - Mar 31 with 2970 viewsPJH

77th minute on 14:52 - Mar 31 by blueislander

I can picture Dixie scoring with a diving heade in front of the North Stand , but not sure it was that game?

I think that it may well have been although I do not specifically remember any of the goals from that night.

I can name the Burnley team from memory though, like most teams at that time there was a first team that usually only changed due to injury so I would be surprised if the Burnley team was not:-

Blacklaw, Angus, Elder, Adamson, Cummings, Miller, Connelly, McIlroy, Pointer, Robson, Harris.
77th minute on 15:19 - Mar 31 with 2965 viewsballycastle

Sure was, My mum attended the semi final at Highbury, quite a fitting memory for today.
77th minute on 15:20 - Mar 31 with 2965 viewsblueislander

77th minute on 15:14 - Mar 31 by PJH

I think that it may well have been although I do not specifically remember any of the goals from that night.

I can name the Burnley team from memory though, like most teams at that time there was a first team that usually only changed due to injury so I would be surprised if the Burnley team was not:-

Blacklaw, Angus, Elder, Adamson, Cummings, Miller, Connelly, McIlroy, Pointer, Robson, Harris.

And they were favourites to win the league along with Spurs. I was not there, but our 3-1 win at White Hart Lane was a fantastic performance.
77th minute on 15:40 - Mar 31 with 2947 viewsChe

I went to all the cup games that year.
77th minute on 15:47 - Mar 31 with 2938 viewsmonty_radio

Yep -there for all the 3 great triumphs - agree that the semi at Highbury was extra special.

As well as the Crawford header, there was the bundler - almost certainly ruled out today without the need for VAR

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024