Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) 23:13 - Mar 30 with 1741 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 07:51 - Mar 31 with 1632 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I hope he is next year, in my mind is key to us having a good go at promotion next season. He has got to stay and if not my faith is waining. Who the hell would we get that would be any better. He has inherited a load of dross and it hasn’t worked this season, but we have played some brilliant football at times and I for one have loved going to games again, which for me is what it is all about and Lambert is to thank for that.
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 1531 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 07:51 - Mar 31 by never_lose_the_faith

I hope he is next year, in my mind is key to us having a good go at promotion next season. He has got to stay and if not my faith is waining. Who the hell would we get that would be any better. He has inherited a load of dross and it hasn’t worked this season, but we have played some brilliant football at times and I for one have loved going to games again, which for me is what it is all about and Lambert is to thank for that.

Agreed! Have looked forward to the football which is the whole point of going!
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 13:59 - Mar 31 with 1420 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 09:47 - Mar 31 by jasondozzell

Agreed! Have looked forward to the football which is the whole point of going!

Same here!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:05 - Mar 31 with 1401 viewsMrTown

Agree. Has to stay, have been enjoying match days again, needs a really good summer transfer window.

Think he was annoyed after the game, failed to keep momentum if pre international break and the question invited him!

Summer transfer window is massive to start to build his own squad.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:13 - Mar 31 with 1370 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:05 - Mar 31 by MrTown

Agree. Has to stay, have been enjoying match days again, needs a really good summer transfer window.

Think he was annoyed after the game, failed to keep momentum if pre international break and the question invited him!

He's canny - needs & is no doubt angling for a good war chest!

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 1361 viewsChris_Knights

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:13 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

He's canny - needs & is no doubt angling for a good war chest!

I’m sorry but I’m struggling with why people would be bothered if he left? He’s played good football but at the end of the day it’s a results business ... this team won’t get promoted anyway so it’s almost irrelevant but I wouldn’t be the least bit bothered if he went... that said I think he’ll stay... probably get sent off twice next season and at best make the playoff for league one... but it’s going to be a long long long way back
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:30 - Mar 31 with 1328 viewsRyorry

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 31 by Chris_Knights

I’m sorry but I’m struggling with why people would be bothered if he left? He’s played good football but at the end of the day it’s a results business ... this team won’t get promoted anyway so it’s almost irrelevant but I wouldn’t be the least bit bothered if he went... that said I think he’ll stay... probably get sent off twice next season and at best make the playoff for league one... but it’s going to be a long long long way back

"it’s a results business"

And the best, long-term results come from building & ensuring the whole structure of the club is sound from the foundations up - eg the Cobbolds, SAR, SBR.

Lambert, more than any other manager since at least GB, is just the man to be at the helm for that - clearly has an appreciation of and a passion for the club as a complete entity, not just the first team & some yoofs, plus the ability & contacts to do the job. Can't think of anyone else who'd have all that - and be prepared to do it!

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:50 - Mar 31 with 1289 viewsMrTown

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 31 by Chris_Knights

“A results business” is a statement with truth but only to a certain degree.

If it was a results business we should never of got rid of McCarthy.

There’s more to a football club than that, and results are taking a long time to come, it’s going to take some building to get his own squad in place.

Summer window will be a much better window to try and build his own squad, January window being bottom of the table is probably the worst type of window to ever do business.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:50 - Mar 31 with 1289 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:30 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

"it’s a results business"

And the best, long-term results come from building & ensuring the whole structure of the club is sound from the foundations up - eg the Cobbolds, SAR, SBR.

Lambert, more than any other manager since at least GB, is just the man to be at the helm for that - clearly has an appreciation of and a passion for the club as a complete entity, not just the first team & some yoofs, plus the ability & contacts to do the job. Can't think of anyone else who'd have all that - and be prepared to do it!

Well put. For too long we've been lurching from one temporary solution to another. Lambert understands that fun needs to create identity again.
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:51 - Mar 31 with 1282 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 07:51 - Mar 31 by never_lose_the_faith

Exactly. Football should be entertaining. Give me Lambert's style over Mick's end of reign hoofball and hope anyday.
Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:52 - Mar 31 with 1269 viewsjasondozzell

Paul Lambert is a blue! (n/t) on 14:05 - Mar 31 by MrTown

Yes - think he was frustrated. Summer will allow him to shape club and refresh squad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024