Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles 23:25 - Mar 30 with 1452 viewsjasondozzell

Millwall away, the game before he took over, was terrible. Outplayed, outfought, and no pattern of play.

I wanted Hurst to succeed but in hindsight perfect storm of underinvestment, suicidal transfer window in summer, Hurst taking a while to get used to step up and players badly out of form meant he was doomed to struggle.

Lambert has improved performances, established attacking football, made real effort to create unity and made a clear decision on future direction. His jan signings have been good ones, pretty remarkable as must be difficult to attract players when bottom. I've enjoyed the football over the last few months. Even today we had chances - just lack cutting edge. Lambert isn't stupid - he will know where we need to improve.
Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 08:37 - Mar 31 with 1307 viewsRomeo4

Completely agree. I just hope Evans does everything in his power to keep him for next season. Assuming that is that .........

a) PL actually wants to stay & is up for the fight (if not, goodbye)
b) Evans is still here ie. he’s not found a buyer

PL’s interview yesterday is worrying and I cant help thinking there’s something negative coming our way but until we know for certain either way we still need to build on the foundations for a fast start in L1 next season.
Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 08:51 - Mar 31 with 1283 viewsDubtractor

There are rose tinted glasses, and there are rose tinted glasses.

We are being outperformed by Bolton and Rotherham FFS.

Lambert deserves the Summer and start of next season on the basis of the positivity he has built around the club, but make no mistake we have been bloody dreadful. And the Janu signings haven't really been that good have they?

Keane - decent
Judge - good
Bree - decent
Quaner - poor
Elder - terrible
Collins - pointless
Dawkins - ha

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 08:55 - Mar 31 with 1262 viewschristiand

Well said Jasondozzell. We’re bottom for a reason, but we have actually looked very competitive in recent games. Yesterday, could’ve just been a bad day at the office, so we all need some perspective. Some of the reaction seemed to suggest those posters still had hopes we’d stay up.....we’re not, that’s the reality. PL knows what he wants to do long term, seems to have a plan and that’s vitally important for us going forwards. Have to admit, I’m worried about his post match comments as this will just jettison everything. Previously, I was very optimistic about next season just need to get this one over, hopefully with one or two wins!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 9:00]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 09:03 - Mar 31 with 1228 viewsArnieM

OP: I agree with 98% of your comments , but disagree about signings from January window . Apart from Judge and Bree I’d say the rest have made minimal impact .

We have yet to see a Paul Lambert squad / team . This will happen next season, IF he stays.

In all honesty we should write off this season and accept the outcome - relegation, and put it down 100% to Evans getting it so badly wrong last summer. NO manager coming in, in November was ever going to drag us out of this mess with what effectively was both hands, legs and gonads tied together - fact.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 09:07 - Mar 31 with 1208 viewsBluebell

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 08:51 - Mar 31 by Dubtractor

Lambert deserves the Summer and start of next season on the basis of the positivity he has built around the club, but make no mistake we have been bloody dreadful. And the Janu signings haven't really been that good have they?

Keane - decent
Judge - good
Bree - decent
Quaner - poor
Elder - terrible
Collins - pointless
Dawkins - ha

This.....

Must say though that Lambert's hands were tied in the Jan transfer window. He had a big squad consisting mostly of Hurst's players and youngsters. Who would have wanted to come to Town sitting at the bottom of the league? Any 'good' players were already at clubs.

My one gripe about Lambert is the way he insists on playing one striker up front. Jackson (and then Quaner) were running around like blue a*se flies trying to get the ball.

I must say I think Bree, Judge and Keane (given the service) have been good players. They will probably not be with us next season though.

I really hope Lambert will stay, have a full pre-season and be able to bring in a few fit, great players. We so desperately need a couple of strikers who can score!
Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 09:26 - Mar 31 with 1120 viewsWhymarkmariner

I think that to question PL is bang out of order. O.K. results wise there hasn't been much of a turnaround, but atmosphere wise what a difference. We need to give PL at least next season before we question his management. You can probably say that most top clubs have paid many millions for players who have failed badly. PL brought in a handful of questionable players and some have been a success and some have been failures, but not all of MM's players were successful and how many of PH's have honestly set the world alight. So give the guy a break and if by the end of next season we aren't any better question him then.
Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 09:54 - Mar 31 with 1042 viewsMullet

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 08:51 - Mar 31 by Dubtractor

Keane - decent
Judge - good
Bree - decent
Quaner - poor
Elder - terrible
Collins - pointless
Dawkins - ha

Quite. I'm a bit taken aback we still have this level of stubborn delusion around so many things going on at the club.

I don't think Lambert has deserved the criticism a minority seem to have dished out, but he's not been a roaring success either. Playing into the hands of those most desperate to pretend things have been different.

I will say though, in relation to the list there - I look at Evans first. The fact there is even doubt that those players couldn't improve us more or at least would be the basis of the team next year is baffling. What exactly was the window meant to be about if neither of those things?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Amazed at those supporters who seem unaware that Lambert inherited a shambles on 10:29 - Mar 31 with 963 viewsWonky

Keane - decent
Judge - good
Bree - decent
Quaner - poor
Elder - terrible
Collins - pointless
Dawkins - ha

Last gasp survival stab signings though some. Not what he'd be signing now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024