Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New strategy 08:29 - Mar 31 with 1941 viewsFixed_It

'All will become clear before the end of the season'
Didn't Lambert say something along these lines a couple of weeks ago? We didn't read anything negative into it then. Maybe we should have. Just a thought.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 8:33]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

New strategy on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 1790 viewsstrikalite

My guess is that he was bitterly disappointed yesterday and that question was a little prod in the ribs and he answered it by leaving his position open saying the Club is bigger than anyone here...I also wonder whether the budget for next season and knowing what he'll probably need is a sticking point, that wouldn't surprise any of us...
New strategy on 09:45 - Mar 31 with 1766 viewsRegencyBlue

He’s said that several times, the last time at the season ticket holders event a couple of weeks ago.

There has never, to my knowledge at least, been any hint that Lambert would not be part of plans for the future however, until yesterday’s interview. He’s very good at PR so I don’t think he said what he said without knowing that massive speculation would follow.

Something has changed over the last two weeks. No idea what but with a season ticket campaign looming some clarification from the club is needed, sooner rather than later I would suggest.
New strategy on 13:57 - Mar 31 with 1615 viewsRyorry

New strategy on 09:41 - Mar 31 by strikalite

My guess is that he was bitterly disappointed yesterday and that question was a little prod in the ribs and he answered it by leaving his position open saying the Club is bigger than anyone here...I also wonder whether the budget for next season and knowing what he'll probably need is a sticking point, that wouldn't surprise any of us...

I think people are reading far too much into it! Phil has said he's sure he's staying. & I'm sure he would have picked up any rumours to the contrary if they were floating around.

He may well be trying to get more dosh out of ME, esp for a proven striker in sound health - could be difficult to persuade someone of enough quality to come without the lure of a really good wage.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

New strategy on 14:15 - Mar 31 with 1582 viewsstrikalite

New strategy on 13:57 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

I think people are reading far too much into it! Phil has said he's sure he's staying. & I'm sure he would have picked up any rumours to the contrary if they were floating around.

He may well be trying to get more dosh out of ME, esp for a proven striker in sound health - could be difficult to persuade someone of enough quality to come without the lure of a really good wage.

The only question mark for me is the Scotland job, you just never know in football, for him that would be a one time opportunity and one he'd find hard to turn down, even given the situation they're in right now...

Hope he stays for sure, things are already in place for next season which bodes well for him being here......but, I do have this nagging thought you know :)
New strategy on 14:25 - Mar 31 with 1553 viewsJ2BLUE

Two days before his comments he was talking about the pre season tour without a hint that he wouldn't be here.

Either we are supposed to believe something happened Friday/Saturday or we are all so paranoid that we are taking it the wrong way.

Phil said 'ME spent yesterday continuing his more hands-on approach, looking at how the academy works on a Saturday when there are U18 and U16 games'. I may be wrong but I think ME would have more pressing issues than the academy if there was some sort of rift with Lambert. I fully expect Lambert to remain silent until the next press conference and then clarify his comments. Why remain silent until then? Shows ME just how vital Lambert is to ST sales and just how much he needs to back his vision.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New strategy on 14:32 - Mar 31 with 1504 viewsRyorry

New strategy on 14:15 - Mar 31 by strikalite

The only question mark for me is the Scotland job, you just never know in football, for him that would be a one time opportunity and one he'd find hard to turn down, even given the situation they're in right now...

Hope he stays for sure, things are already in place for next season which bodes well for him being here......but, I do have this nagging thought you know :)

Yeah, the Scotland job is my fear too.

New strategy on 15:37 - Mar 31 with 1366 viewsBent_double

I can just see the post-match presser when we've just been relegated:

Brenner: 'So, Paul, we're down, what happens now?'

PL: (as he rips off his shirt to reveal a full-budgie kit underneath) 'woohoohahaha...ma work here is done....back to Caroot road for me and a cushy job looking after Delia's every whim'

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

New strategy on 16:55 - Mar 31 with 1214 viewsRyorry

New strategy on 15:37 - Mar 31 by Bent_double

I can just see the post-match presser when we've just been relegated:

Brenner: 'So, Paul, we're down, what happens now?'

PL: (as he rips off his shirt to reveal a full-budgie kit underneath) 'woohoohahaha...ma work here is done....back to Caroot road for me and a cushy job looking after Delia's every whim'

"looking after Delia's every whim"
I'm never going to be able to unsee that mental image now :(

Login to get fewer ads

New strategy on 17:02 - Mar 31 with 1179 viewsBent_double

New strategy on 16:55 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

"looking after Delia's every whim"
I'm never going to be able to unsee that mental image now :(

It says WHIM, Ryorry, WHIM....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024