Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After sleeping on it and listening back... 10:22 - Mar 31 with 1529 viewsSwailsey

Knowing how I am prone to hyperbole, I thought I’d listen again with fresh ears to Lambert’s interview this morning.

My thoughts (which no one asked for):

1) Something has definitely changed from the official club statement released by Marcus and Paul a month or so ago.

2) Lambert was very evasive - and seemed to be at pains to not lie.

3) He seemed put out - as if he does leave, it won’t be his choice (rumours of a takeover - salt pinched - may have disrupted things)

4) I know (albeit by my vey few, but credible sources from the club) that there was surprise at that interview.

Either way, I think the club needs to clarify it one way or another. It will damage season tickets, player contracts, signings..

The one thing holding it together at the moment is the feel good spirit.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:25 - Mar 31 with 1478 viewsHerbivore

Are there credible rumours of a takeover? I guess it's possible any potential owner has looked at 15 points from 24 games and thought about whether they want Lambert to take us forward. It was an odd interview but he didn't say an awful lot, tough to unpick the bones of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:36 - Mar 31 with 1409 viewsRyorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 21:03 - Mar 30 with 489 views PhilTWTD

He did actually say something similar a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised no one picked up on it. Least I remember he did but I can't find it.

I'm not sure there's too much to be read into it either comment, I think he was just not trying to take too much for granted and talking himself into a bit of a corner. From what I gather Marcus, who has been around for the last few days in part having an indepth look at the day to day workings of the academt, hasn't changed his thoughts on that and the expectation is that he'll still be here next season. "

""As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 21:28 - Mar 30 with 324 views PhilTWTD

I don't think PL will be going anyway, put it like that."

[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 10:41]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:46 - Mar 31 with 1336 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he's softening the idea that it's all up to him. Put simply, I expect he's disappointed he hasn't done better points-wise, and really ever looked like keeping us up, so would be arrogant to just assume everything's going swimmingly well.

There's a fair bit of humility there. I think that's another sign why he's the right man for next season.

Pronouns: He/Him

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:53 - Mar 31 with 1303 viewsPhilTWTD

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:36 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 21:03 - Mar 30 with 489 views PhilTWTD

He did actually say something similar a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised no one picked up on it. Least I remember he did but I can't find it.

I'm not sure there's too much to be read into it either comment, I think he was just not trying to take too much for granted and talking himself into a bit of a corner. From what I gather Marcus, who has been around for the last few days in part having an indepth look at the day to day workings of the academt, hasn't changed his thoughts on that and the expectation is that he'll still be here next season. "

""As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 21:28 - Mar 30 with 324 views PhilTWTD

I don't think PL will be going anyway, put it like that."

[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 10:41]

I think that is the key line. I'm not sure why he was being so non-committal - although he has spoken in a similar manner before although not at such length - and he ended up talking himself into a bit of a corner, but nothing other than that interview has given any suggestion PL might move on at the end of the season.

There was no suggestion at the written press conference - was somewhat surprised by the furore which had developed when I got home - and PL came across as firmly committed at the ex-players' dinner on Friday.

Don't think there's any serious suggestion of a takeover, ME spent yesterday continuing his more hands-on approach, looking at how the academy works on a Saturday when there are U18 and U16 games.
After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:56 - Mar 31 with 1259 viewsWickets

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:53 - Mar 31 by PhilTWTD

I think that is the key line. I'm not sure why he was being so non-committal - although he has spoken in a similar manner before although not at such length - and he ended up talking himself into a bit of a corner, but nothing other than that interview has given any suggestion PL might move on at the end of the season.

There was no suggestion at the written press conference - was somewhat surprised by the furore which had developed when I got home - and PL came across as firmly committed at the ex-players' dinner on Friday.

Don't think there's any serious suggestion of a takeover, ME spent yesterday continuing his more hands-on approach, looking at how the academy works on a Saturday when there are U18 and U16 games.

GOOD
After sleeping on it and listening back... on 11:03 - Mar 31 with 1212 viewsSwailsey

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 10:53 - Mar 31 by PhilTWTD

Yet again Phil, you have done me up a kipper.

Shall you delete my account?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 11:11 - Mar 31 with 1164 viewsJ2BLUE

After sleeping on it and listening back... on 11:03 - Mar 31 by Swailsey

Yet again Phil, you have done me up a kipper.

Shall you delete my account?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024