Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First goal yesterday 11:49 - Mar 31 with 2017 viewsChocorange

Who or what was the cause of the first goal yesterday?

Was it an excellent defence splitting pass we could do nothing about?
Or
Was Kenlock to blame for standing off the player and simply blocking the run down the line,( both Hull wingers wanted to cut in not go wide) , this cause Nsiala to have to come across and mark the player on Kenlocks right, putting Nsiala out of position.
This in turn meant Chambo had to come across to mark the forward the ball was passed to, before he let it run. Was Chambo to blame for being too slow or not seeing it in time?
When it ran through Bree then had to rush to get to the forward receiving the ball, was it his fault for being out of position?
Chalobah too far up , to close the scorer down? His fault?
Skuse? What was he doing?
Edwards , not close enough to tackle or stop the apparent defence splitting pass in the first instance. His fault?

Or all if the above?

Answers , thoughts and views ?
First goal yesterday on 13:58 - Mar 31 with 1933 viewsFixed_It

Their first man had about 5 acres of space. He then moved the ball on to the second man who had about 7 acres of space. Very poor defending all round.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 14:01]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

First goal yesterday on 15:18 - Mar 31 with 1854 viewsArnieM

Well actually it started with yet another utter shyte “clearance”, or boot up field from Bart. His kicking is UTTER Crap! I lost count of the number of occassions he kicked the ball into touch, or to an area where there was literally no Town player .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

First goal yesterday on 16:03 - Mar 31 with 1805 viewsgrimboy

The second was worse Skuse pulling out of a tackle and the defence letting Bowen run freely into our box and Bart could of done better also.
First goal yesterday on 19:08 - Mar 31 with 1707 viewsDarth_Koont

First goal yesterday on 16:03 - Mar 31 by grimboy

The second was worse Skuse pulling out of a tackle and the defence letting Bowen run freely into our box and Bart could of done better also.

Skuse didn't pull out of the tackle. Bowen got very lucky that the ball squirmed out of the challenge and into his path.

It was a lucky break for them that they capitalised on. When we got a similar break and Judge was through in the box we didn't make anything of it. That's the story of our season in a nutshell.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 19:27]

Pronouns: He/Him

First goal yesterday on 20:22 - Mar 31 with 1636 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

First goal yesterday on 15:18 - Mar 31 by ArnieM

Well actually it started with yet another utter shyte “clearance”, or boot up field from Bart. His kicking is UTTER Crap! I lost count of the number of occassions he kicked the ball into touch, or to an area where there was literally no Town player .

First time I have seen us this season in the flesh yesterday, though Bart looked very uninterested and Skuse looked miles of the pace and was hiding from the ball. Jackson was very poor, his second touch is a tackle.

I liked Nsiala as he didn’t hide when he made a mistake, he went out to try and rectify it himself straight away.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

First goal yesterday on 21:31 - Mar 31 with 1564 viewsArnieM

First goal yesterday on 20:22 - Mar 31 by BullardsMagicMullet

First time I have seen us this season in the flesh yesterday, though Bart looked very uninterested and Skuse looked miles of the pace and was hiding from the ball. Jackson was very poor, his second touch is a tackle.

I liked Nsiala as he didn’t hide when he made a mistake, he went out to try and rectify it himself straight away.

Tbh the whole team looked by and large “ flat”, and not up for it. Most bizarre given how they’ve been playing for the last few months, albeit without a win.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

First goal yesterday on 22:14 - Mar 31 with 1516 viewsDublinBlue84

First goal yesterday on 16:03 - Mar 31 by grimboy

COULD HAVE NOT OF.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

First goal yesterday on 01:50 - Apr 2 with 1320 viewsharlingblue

First goal yesterday on 15:18 - Mar 31 by ArnieM

I agree with ArnieM, two really poor kicks from Bart, the second cost us. He was not much good for us for the second goal either, still planted on his line when an advanced position would have made a save. From being a great shot stopper with the central defence of Chambers, Smith and Berra in front of him, he has proved very vulnerable this year.
Login to get fewer ads

First goal yesterday on 09:09 - Apr 2 with 1250 viewsDeano69

One of three players should have taken a yellow for the team

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

First goal yesterday on 09:44 - Apr 2 with 1229 viewsHarry_Palmer

In my view Nsiala was at fault. There was absolutely no need for him to get dragged across so far to the left as we were fairly well covered and ( despite not being particularly tight ) there was no particular danger.

This caused Chambers to get caught in no mans land ( between his own man and the one Nsiala should have stayed with ) and allowed Hull to move the ball across into the space and create the chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024