Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but 09:03 - Apr 1 with 2197 viewsLord_Lucan

has anyone got or have used a robotic lawnmower.

I think I'm going to have to get one.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 9:04]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:09 - Apr 1 with 2177 viewswkj

I have spent the last few months studying robotics and AI with OU and can chime in here. Make sure you shortlist some that interest you and have a look at the features listed. The price spread with robot vacuums is broad, but usually the performance of the units are reflective of the price differences.

Is the unit fully autonomous, does it learn the layout of the garden, does it go to the charger when it gets low, does it use light sensors instead of bump sensors and then all of the other less technical run time issues such as capacity etc etc

If you are looking at a unit that uses a selection of set patterns that cycle when a collision/drop sensor triggers, then I would say think twice- many cheaper 'robot' vacuums do this and perform poorly.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:11 - Apr 1 with 2161 viewsartsbossbeard

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:09 - Apr 1 by wkj

I have spent the last few months studying robotics and AI with OU and can chime in here. Make sure you shortlist some that interest you and have a look at the features listed. The price spread with robot vacuums is broad, but usually the performance of the units are reflective of the price differences.

Is the unit fully autonomous, does it learn the layout of the garden, does it go to the charger when it gets low, does it use light sensors instead of bump sensors and then all of the other less technical run time issues such as capacity etc etc

If you are looking at a unit that uses a selection of set patterns that cycle when a collision/drop sensor triggers, then I would say think twice- many cheaper 'robot' vacuums do this and perform poorly.

Thanks Sheldon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:13 - Apr 1 with 2145 viewswkj

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:11 - Apr 1 by artsbossbeard

Thanks Sheldon.

I hardly reached Sheldon levels, I didn't talk about how many neurons across how many sets of decision making stages there are in the neural network of the unit yet, or how many input variables there are...

although I thought about it
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 9:13]

Crybaby

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:21 - Apr 1 with 2102 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:09 - Apr 1 by wkj

I need to do more research but don't you put up a boundary wire? They all seem to be quite intelligent, when they are low on battery or if it's raining they simply drive themselves back to their docking / charging station.

How long have they been available? I was thinking about waiting for the price to drop - although you can get them for about £500.

I only saw them when I was messing about on EBay for a mower last night - I had a stroke of luck anyway, I think someone had mis priced a new petrol mower - they were listed at £31.99 delivered so I bought one - along with 81 other people yesterday.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:30 - Apr 1 with 2081 viewswkj

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:21 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

I need to do more research but don't you put up a boundary wire? They all seem to be quite intelligent, when they are low on battery or if it's raining they simply drive themselves back to their docking / charging station.

How long have they been available? I was thinking about waiting for the price to drop - although you can get them for about £500.

I only saw them when I was messing about on EBay for a mower last night - I had a stroke of luck anyway, I think someone had mis priced a new petrol mower - they were listed at £31.99 delivered so I bought one - along with 81 other people yesterday.

Setting the boundary wire is certainly an advantage over robot vacuums. In that case just be sure the unit can handle the gradient of your lawn and preferably has a good differential steering system. There are a number of the low to mid range units that get themselves bóllocksed up because they turn like shet and end up 'lost'.

As for your petrol mower that's a decent scalp by the sounds of it, had to rebuild a B & S motor on mine this season and it cost me more than that.

Crybaby

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:58 - Apr 1 with 2040 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:30 - Apr 1 by wkj

Setting the boundary wire is certainly an advantage over robot vacuums. In that case just be sure the unit can handle the gradient of your lawn and preferably has a good differential steering system. There are a number of the low to mid range units that get themselves bóllocksed up because they turn like shet and end up 'lost'.

As for your petrol mower that's a decent scalp by the sounds of it, had to rebuild a B & S motor on mine this season and it cost me more than that.

I have an Atco Balmoral for perfect stripes but the wife can't use it as it's too big and if you let the grass get too high they don't deal well with it so I was forced to get a more normal mower.

It's all very strange as they are re listed today at £25.99

I keep reading the advert over and over thinking I might have just bought a spare part or a matchbox model of one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webb-Lawnmower-Petrol-Self-Propelled-16-41cm-7-Cuttin

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:09 - Apr 1 with 2006 viewsHeathlander

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:58 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

I have an Atco Balmoral for perfect stripes but the wife can't use it as it's too big and if you let the grass get too high they don't deal well with it so I was forced to get a more normal mower.

It's all very strange as they are re listed today at £25.99

I keep reading the advert over and over thinking I might have just bought a spare part or a matchbox model of one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webb-Lawnmower-Petrol-Self-Propelled-16-41cm-7-Cuttin

It does seem too good to be true. 100% feedback though.
I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:11 - Apr 1 with 2000 viewschicoazul

I for one cannot see any problem in giving Artificial Intelligence extremely lethal cutting blades that whirl incredibly quickly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:12 - Apr 1 with 1997 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:09 - Apr 1 by Heathlander

It does seem too good to be true. 100% feedback though.

You are protected by PayPal and EBay as well!

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:14 - Apr 1 with 1985 viewsHeathlander

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:12 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

You are protected by PayPal and EBay as well!

I got one :) Fingers crossed.
I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:16 - Apr 1 with 1978 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:14 - Apr 1 by Heathlander

Nice one.

If mine comes I'll let you know, in fact if it comes I'm gonna buy 50 more of the feckers.

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:52 - Apr 1 with 1914 viewsGuthrum

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:11 - Apr 1 by chicoazul

I for one cannot see any problem in giving Artificial Intelligence extremely lethal cutting blades that whirl incredibly quickly.

I had to get rid of mine after it started hiding in bushes to catch birds and small animals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 11:16 - Apr 1 with 1887 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 10:14 - Apr 1 by Heathlander

Strange thing. I've bought another and I have used two different PayPal accounts but neither have paid out yet.

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 11:45 - Apr 1 with 1838 viewsJonBlue

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 11:16 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

Strange thing. I've bought another and I have used two different PayPal accounts but neither have paid out yet.

Same lawnmower with same cut and paste description now on sale at a ridiculous price via another seller:-

Neither seller has any record of selling garden machinery. Looks to me like a classic hacked accounts con. You should be protected by Paypal though.

Edit: The above listing has now been taken down.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:31]
I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 12:55 - Apr 1 with 1786 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 11:45 - Apr 1 by JonBlue

Same lawnmower with same cut and paste description now on sale at a ridiculous price via another seller:-

Neither seller has any record of selling garden machinery. Looks to me like a classic hacked accounts con. You should be protected by Paypal though.

Edit: The above listing has now been taken down.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:31]

Just got an email from EBay saying that an account has been compromised.

Oh well.

I was hoping it was a modern day Kodak offer.

Anyone remember the Kodak camera thing on here?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:57]

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 08:53 - Apr 2 with 1683 viewsHeathlander

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 12:55 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

Just got an email from EBay saying that an account has been compromised.

Oh well.

I was hoping it was a modern day Kodak offer.

Anyone remember the Kodak camera thing on here?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 12:57]

Got refunded already via paypal. If it looks to good to be true it probably is :)
I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 08:55 - Apr 2 with 1678 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 08:53 - Apr 2 by Heathlander

Got refunded already via paypal. If it looks to good to be true it probably is :)

Oh well, gotta have a go haven't you.

My money never left my account.

I think I might be late to the party as I have only just discovered these but on 09:41 - Apr 2 with 1649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

#ludditegardeners
....you have been warned!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024