Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert Smith, The Cure. 11:19 - Apr 1 with 2285 viewsartsbossbeard

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Great stuff.... on 11:24 - Apr 1 with 2230 viewsunstableblue

... about sums up the difference between the English and Americans!

Looking forward to seeing him at Glastonbury
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 11:24]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 11:25 - Apr 1 with 2234 viewsCoastalblue

I've spent a few nights backstage at aftershow parties, that interview summed up much of the experience.
The most entertaining was one night when the guy from the NME was repeatedly taking pictures of me whilst trying to be secretive about it, we were all trying to work out who he thought I might be.

Depeche Mode whoever, whole different ball game.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 12:12 - Apr 1 with 2119 viewsWeWereZombies

No subtitles, any chance someone can transcribe what she is saying, my shot ears cannot make it out (got Smith's 'by the sounds of it, no' OK)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 2084 viewsRyorry

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 12:12 - Apr 1 by WeWereZombies

No subtitles, any chance someone can transcribe what she is saying, my shot ears cannot make it out (got Smith's 'by the sounds of it, no' OK)

Interviewer's shrieky question which invited that response was "Would you like to meet someone off an English football forum whose username is WeWereZombies"

*Actually the Q was "Are you excited as I am?"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 12:21 - Apr 1 with 2062 viewsWeWereZombies

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 12:19 - Apr 1 by Ryorry

Interviewer's shrieky question which invited that response was "Would you like to meet someone off an English football forum whose username is WeWereZombies"

*Actually the Q was "Are you excited as I am?"

Ah thanks gal, you're a treasure.

And I don't want to meet Robert Smith either.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 13:18 - Apr 1 with 1973 viewsSporall

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 11:25 - Apr 1 by Coastalblue

I've spent a few nights backstage at aftershow parties, that interview summed up much of the experience.
The most entertaining was one night when the guy from the NME was repeatedly taking pictures of me whilst trying to be secretive about it, we were all trying to work out who he thought I might be.

Depeche Mode whoever, whole different ball game.

Why Depeche Mode different ball game?
Robert Smith, The Cure. on 13:59 - Apr 1 with 1911 viewsCoastalblue

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 13:18 - Apr 1 by Sporall

Why Depeche Mode different ball game?

Backstage parties with The Cure were quiet and dignified affairs with most of the band looking like they'd rather be anywhere else and they plainly would but had certain obligations to fill. They would disapear as quickly as they could.
Backstage parties with Depeche Mode wer verything you'd expect a rock n' roll backstage party to be, filled with larger than life characters and the majority of attendees not there in a professional capacity ending up off their t1ts one way or another.

There was a person(s) in common between the tow bands which is the reason why I enjoyed the hospitality of both on a number of occasions throughout the second hald of the eighties and into the early nineties.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:02 - Apr 1 with 1885 viewsHeathlander

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 13:59 - Apr 1 by Coastalblue

Backstage parties with The Cure were quiet and dignified affairs with most of the band looking like they'd rather be anywhere else and they plainly would but had certain obligations to fill. They would disapear as quickly as they could.
Backstage parties with Depeche Mode wer verything you'd expect a rock n' roll backstage party to be, filled with larger than life characters and the majority of attendees not there in a professional capacity ending up off their t1ts one way or another.

There was a person(s) in common between the tow bands which is the reason why I enjoyed the hospitality of both on a number of occasions throughout the second hald of the eighties and into the early nineties.

What was your involvement in all this?
Login to get fewer ads

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:03 - Apr 1 with 1880 viewsLord_Lucan

You gotta love Basildons finest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:25 - Apr 1 with 1829 viewsEwan_Oozami

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:03 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

You gotta love Basildons finest.

Saw them quite often in Racquels Nightclub before they got really famous - my best mate at the time threatened to beat up Dave Gahan once for looking at his girlfriend - I met Vince Clarke a couple of times as we were looking for a keyboard player for our prog band, but he was far too talented for us!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:47 - Apr 1 with 1767 viewsSporall

Cheers. I'm a fan of both bands, but in particular DM.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 15:57]
Robert Smith, The Cure. on 15:32 - Apr 1 with 1689 viewsCoastalblue

Robert Smith, The Cure. on 14:02 - Apr 1 by Heathlander

What was your involvement in all this?

One of my closest friends, sadly no longer with us had two nephews who were heavily involved with both bands. One of the borthers ended up being part of The Cure lineup for several years.

I do have some good stories, but daren't post them on here.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 15:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024