Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick mills comments 11:34 - Apr 1 with 7515 viewsnodge_blue

I couldn't go Saturday but listened to Mick mills at the end of the game. He said Andre has to do more than just a couple of nice passes. Edwards far too hit and miss. And challobah (who I'm less worried about as his time here is limited) didn't seem interested in that he didn't try and drive forward and just coasted.

Is that all fair?

I do think we need far more players scoring 7 out of 10 every game.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Mick mills comments on 11:38 - Apr 1 with 6534 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not seen enough of Dozzell to judge, but Edwards has proved that he is a good League 1 player.

Whether he is good enough for the Champ doesnt matter next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick mills comments on 11:40 - Apr 1 with 6522 viewsBobbychase

He played a couple of absolutely blinding passes into Jackson. If he'd scored from them it would be a slightly different conversation.

Skuse, Downes etc won't ever play those kind of passes so I want to see Andre succeed. Doesn't seem like a wise decision to cash on him now.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Mick mills comments on 11:51 - Apr 1 with 6446 viewstextbackup

Doz can pick a pass like no other.

I think he’s too much of a luxury tho, just unsure if he’s gonna be able to carry out all aspects of the role PL requires

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick mills comments on 11:57 - Apr 1 with 6425 viewsiamipswich

Dozzell hasn't taken a game by the scruff of the neck since the day he got injured where he had a cracking 40 minutes or so.

As we enter the final stages of the season and with Andre being available for the vast majority of the season, it is disappointing that he has not been able to have had a real game-changing display at any stage this season.

He has undoubted ability but perhaps he isn't ready for a leading role in the Championship and a productive season in League One will provide the real boost he needs.

Poll: Who will return first?

Mick mills comments on 12:00 - Apr 1 with 6393 viewsunstableblue

Mills was upset; think the realisation the club was falling away from its history got to him, after all the memories as old players reunited.

Again, much like the commentary from some quarters on the game, Andre did OK, and some of his passing was Premier League class.

BUT, he just didn't grab the game enough, not enough surges forward and movement.

I ENJOYED watching him play. But we needed more.

Chalobah was a bigger culprit - one of his weaker performances. Quite a lot of lost possession, and not enough energy breaking forward.

Edwards was OK, but just not effective.

They should take a leaf from Judge's book on the energy front, he was everywhere - BUT his final ball was not effective, and there were some weak corners.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mick mills comments on 12:09 - Apr 1 with 6310 viewsCuffy81

Dozzell was good on the ball but on the periphery of the game throughout.

Off the ball he left a lot to be desired, some half hearted tracking back which is what irked Mills in particular
Mick mills comments on 12:22 - Apr 1 with 6195 viewsmaccyd9

Andre is stalling badly. Lovely footballer, technically excellent but doesn't have another gear to go to and cannot influence a game.

He's too lethargic for the modern game and physically can't adapt.
Mick mills comments on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 6101 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick mills comments on 12:22 - Apr 1 by maccyd9

Andre is stalling badly. Lovely footballer, technically excellent but doesn't have another gear to go to and cannot influence a game.

Yeah I think you're right here, unfortunately.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick mills comments on 12:44 - Apr 1 with 6028 viewsIllinoisblue

Or... this is essentially his first full season as a pro and it’s hard for any young player to stand out or dictate play in our train wreck of a team. Let’s give him a real run of games and give him a chance. He’s the one and only player who can pick a killer pass.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mick mills comments on 12:44 - Apr 1 with 6015 viewsDeano69

Mick mills comments on 11:51 - Apr 1 by textbackup

I think he’s too much of a luxury tho, just unsure if he’s gonna be able to carry out all aspects of the role PL requires

Not convinced League 1 will suit him. Likely to get clobbered at every opportunity.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mick mills comments on 12:48 - Apr 1 with 5961 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I wonder if Dozzell's a bit disillusioned. Having been courted by big Premier League clubs a couple of years ago, but stayed at ITFC on his father's advice. Then that bad injury. This season he's barely played, having been overlooked by Hurst and Lambert, with the prospect of League One football next year. His career has completely stalled.
Mick mills comments on 13:03 - Apr 1 with 5846 viewsRegencyBlue

Mick mills comments on 11:51 - Apr 1 by textbackup

The physicality of League 1 Is not going to suit him at all.

I’d be surprised if he’s still here next season.
Mick mills comments on 13:07 - Apr 1 with 5819 viewstextbackup

^^^almost the exact thing my mate said saturday^^^^

Yes, Mick has it right on 13:11 - Apr 1 with 5780 viewsDyland

He usually does. You just have to get past his almost comedic delivery. If he was a character in a parody or satirical sitcom or whatever, he'd be accused of over (or under) acting.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mick mills comments on 13:13 - Apr 1 with 5755 viewsitfcjoe

I think he needs to start a run of games between now and the end of the season to see what we have in him.

I've been a big fan of Chalobah, but if Skuse is going to start then he needs to sit out the game because as a more advanced midfielder he doesn't have the game for it.

Was a tough game to come into on Saturday as a sub as there was no cohesion at all in the middle, but aware that I'm happy to continually make excuses for him. We've 7 games left, give him 5 starts and find out if he cuts it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick mills comments on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 5686 viewschristiand

Mick mills comments on 13:13 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

I think he needs to start a run of games between now and the end of the season to see what we have in him.

I've been a big fan of Chalobah, but if Skuse is going to start then he needs to sit out the game because as a more advanced midfielder he doesn't have the game for it.

Was a tough game to come into on Saturday as a sub as there was no cohesion at all in the middle, but aware that I'm happy to continually make excuses for him. We've 7 games left, give him 5 starts and find out if he cuts it.

You've seen more Town games than me Joe, but I worry about Skuse. The games I have seen him play this season he looks off the pace, lacking mobility and weak in the challenge. Not sure he's the answer as our DM in League One next season. Thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick mills comments on 13:28 - Apr 1 with 5622 viewsitfcjoe

Mick mills comments on 13:20 - Apr 1 by christiand

You've seen more Town games than me Joe, but I worry about Skuse. The games I have seen him play this season he looks off the pace, lacking mobility and weak in the challenge. Not sure he's the answer as our DM in League One next season. Thoughts?

He looked the best he's been in a long time in the early stages of Lambert's reign.

But since he got injured he seemed to quite clearly be rushed back too quickly and hasn't played well since - that has also been shown up by Chalobah's games in that role.

His defending for the 2nd goal on Saturday was weak as anything, and he doesn't look at all sharp.

I've never been his biggest fan, but if he can play like Lambert had him previously then he'll be good enough - but I fear he'll struggle.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick mills comments on 13:52 - Apr 1 with 5480 viewstextbackup

Mick mills comments on 13:03 - Apr 1 by RegencyBlue

As he hasn’t hasn’t et the championship alight this will sound weird, but I think he is a premiership footballer. In terms of his thinking and ability, smaller weaker players suit the prem. nothing else

Mick mills comments on 14:13 - Apr 1 with 5392 viewshomer_123

Mick mills comments on 12:48 - Apr 1 by muhrensleftfoot

I wonder if Dozzell's a bit disillusioned. Having been courted by big Premier League clubs a couple of years ago, but stayed at ITFC on his father's advice. Then that bad injury. This season he's barely played, having been overlooked by Hurst and Lambert, with the prospect of League One football next year. His career has completely stalled.

On his showings in the first team - he's not done much to deserve a starting berth.

He's not been bad but he's not stood out either.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mick mills comments on 14:19 - Apr 1 with 5352 viewsreusersfreekicks

Mick mills comments on 13:03 - Apr 1 by RegencyBlue

As has been said elsewhere I think it's a mytrh that the further down you go the more physical/dirty it is. That's just not the case anymore
Mick mills comments on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 5277 viewsWickets

I think there is still time for Andre to become a really good midfield player, people are going to say he should be over the injury and dominating games now and that would be great .I agree he needs to add a bit of snap or sparkle to his game and hopefully that will come next year which is going to be a huge, maybe make or break year for him. I said at the start of the season that i would be surprised if we see much of Andre this year because he might be over the injury phisically but mentally it will take longer . Hopefully next season we will see the player we thought we had prior to his time out.
Mick mills comments on 14:59 - Apr 1 with 5188 viewsMrTown

Dozzell drifts in and out of games.

He has the capability and potential to dominate a game, but he has to demand the ball more.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Mick mills comments on 15:10 - Apr 1 with 5120 viewsArnieM

OP: I’d say that’s s fair assessment . Mick Mills has got the measure of Dozzell I’m afraid. He’s way behind the other midfielders we currently have at the moment and part me is even begining to wonder what all the hype about if for. Isnhe “ living” on
The back of his dads name and reputation? AD had zilch physical presence and often is totally missing in games. Undoubtably he having of two real gems of defence flouting passes in him, but as Mills states , his game needs far more than this to succeed.

Many of the players Sat didn’t look interested . It had very much a feel of relegation realisation about it. And who can blame the loanees for “ going through the motions”. Quaner has done nothing but, since he’s been here, tbh!

Sadly I think the performances will drop off dramatically now until the end of the season is upon us. I personally can’t wait for this season to bloody end. It’s bern the worst season in living memory and I’ve been going since 1968!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mick mills comments on 15:16 - Apr 1 with 5087 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick mills comments on 13:28 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

He looked the best he's been in a long time in the early stages of Lambert's reign.

But since he got injured he seemed to quite clearly be rushed back too quickly and hasn't played well since - that has also been shown up by Chalobah's games in that role.

His defending for the 2nd goal on Saturday was weak as anything, and he doesn't look at all sharp.

I've never been his biggest fan, but if he can play like Lambert had him previously then he'll be good enough - but I fear he'll struggle.

The injury, & subsequent rushing back, has aged him badly.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick mills comments on 15:23 - Apr 1 with 5065 viewsmonty_radio

Mick mills comments on 12:00 - Apr 1 by unstableblue

Mills was upset; think the realisation the club was falling away from its history got to him, after all the memories as old players reunited.

Again, much like the commentary from some quarters on the game, Andre did OK, and some of his passing was Premier League class.

BUT, he just didn't grab the game enough, not enough surges forward and movement.

I ENJOYED watching him play. But we needed more.

Chalobah was a bigger culprit - one of his weaker performances. Quite a lot of lost possession, and not enough energy breaking forward.

Edwards was OK, but just not effective.

They should take a leaf from Judge's book on the energy front, he was everywhere - BUT his final ball was not effective, and there were some weak corners.

I think we should be using Kenlock for corners from the right, or Andre.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024