Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem 11:51 - Apr 1 with 5306 viewsSW_LondonBlue

On potential I really believe he is more suited and could really shine in the Premier league opposed to the Championship or League 1 (with any club for that matter not just us).

I just feel he lacks the extra tenacity to win the ball back, hassle and do the dirty bits the lower leagues require from midfielders. It is tough to carry players like him unless other midfielders do double the work. However in the prem he would have more time on the ball and play with better players who could read his passing better and have the ability to bring him into the game more.

I wouldn't be surprised if a club like Bournemouth came calling for him in the summer.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 4965 viewsStokieBlue

That's a rather 1990s view of the game.

I don't think many PL clubs have players that don't do the dirty bits anymore. Certainly not ones who haven't really made any impact yet at Championship level.

Just because a player comes through the academy it doesn't mean they are a total world -beater.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 12:05 - Apr 1 with 4954 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If he lacks tenacity, then he's unlikely to make a good career above League 1 either.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:19 - Apr 1 with 4844 viewsitfcjoe

The players in the PL are physcially better than the players in this league - the game is quicker there and you notice when a loanee of that level drops down that they just have a different gear.

Dozzell's brain should allow him to find space more easily in League 1, and he needs to prove that here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:25 - Apr 1 with 4820 viewsMattinLondon

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:19 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

The players in the PL are physcially better than the players in this league - the game is quicker there and you notice when a loanee of that level drops down that they just have a different gear.

Dozzell's brain should allow him to find space more easily in League 1, and he needs to prove that here

I always thought the championship was quicker and a lot more physical than the PL. Shows what I know.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:27 - Apr 1 with 4793 viewsTractorJack

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:25 - Apr 1 by MattinLondon

I always thought the championship was quicker and a lot more physical than the PL. Shows what I know.

Guess it depends on definition of physical. Champ is probably more physical in that there are more aerial duels and fouls but PL is certainly quicker.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:29 - Apr 1 with 4783 viewsSWGF

I agree with this: "play with better players who could read his passing better"

Was thinking this on Saturday as he pinged those disguised balls. He needs people who make the runs and can control the ball.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:30 - Apr 1 with 4778 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:25 - Apr 1 by MattinLondon

I'd say it's more frantic, and you may get less time on the ball in the middle of the park - but once you lose a man in the PL they are gone whereas here it isn't quite as punishing.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:57 - Apr 1 with 4696 viewsmonty_radio

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:29 - Apr 1 by SWGF

I agree with this: "play with better players who could read his passing better"

Was thinking this on Saturday as he pinged those disguised balls. He needs people who make the runs and can control the ball.

Much as we all like Judge, I didn't think he and Andre fitted very well on Saturday. Judge tends to carry very well, but does not always get his head up. Andre, several times, found space just ahead, and pointed there, but Judge pressed on under his own head of steam. I witnessed Andre almost stand back twice to avoid getting in Judge's path. If they are to play together effectively, they'll need to work on it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:00 - Apr 1 with 4686 viewsSW_LondonBlue

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 12:03 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

I don't think many PL clubs have players that don't do the dirty bits anymore. Certainly not ones who haven't really made any impact yet at Championship level.

Just because a player comes through the academy it doesn't mean they are a total world -beater.

SB

The message wasn't about him being a world beater because he's from our academy. I just think he is 'potentially' better suited to the prem and the football played. I'm not saying he deserves a move because he hasn't proved himself but clubs certainly do buy players on potential.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:07 - Apr 1 with 4667 viewsStokieBlue

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:00 - Apr 1 by SW_LondonBlue

The message wasn't about him being a world beater because he's from our academy. I just think he is 'potentially' better suited to the prem and the football played. I'm not saying he deserves a move because he hasn't proved himself but clubs certainly do buy players on potential.

Can a player ever be better suited to a higher league?

You are essentially saying his game is based on other players games rather than his own.

SB

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:11 - Apr 1 with 4657 viewshomer_123

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:57 - Apr 1 by monty_radio

Much as we all like Judge, I didn't think he and Andre fitted very well on Saturday. Judge tends to carry very well, but does not always get his head up. Andre, several times, found space just ahead, and pointed there, but Judge pressed on under his own head of steam. I witnessed Andre almost stand back twice to avoid getting in Judge's path. If they are to play together effectively, they'll need to work on it.

That's because Judge isn't suited to being a wide player and nor is Dozzell.

Both occupy the same role.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:14 - Apr 1 with 4646 viewshomer_123

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:27 - Apr 1 by TractorJack

Guess it depends on definition of physical. Champ is probably more physical in that there are more aerial duels and fouls but PL is certainly quicker.

I think we need to clarify - when we say quicker we are really talking about how quickly teams move the ball.

It's something we've suffered with for years - the pedestrian pace we play at. We have an innate inability to move the ball quickly.

Teams in the PL punish on the break at a level completely unseen in the Championship - they do this because they can transition so quickly from defence to attack.

We don't.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:32 - Apr 1 with 4585 viewstractorshark

Dozzell has potential but is very lightweight and inconsistent.
There’s no question he has a pass in him but he’s a long way from being a success in the Prem.
You don’t have to be physically big to play there but you do need strength.
Hazard, Silva etc are quite slight but they don’t get knocked off the ball easily.
Dozzell does and he also goes missing in games but, in fairness, he’s learning his craft.
I think he’s a decent prospect and could be pivotal in League One.
But I don’t subscribe to the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support just because of his surname.
There’s no guarantee he will emulate the career Jason had.
Despite the chant, he’s not better than his dad. At least not yet.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 15:21 - Apr 1 with 4537 viewsmonty_radio

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:11 - Apr 1 by homer_123

That's because Judge isn't suited to being a wide player and nor is Dozzell.

Both occupy the same role.

....and on Saturday, sometimes the same bit of grass. Not sure about Judge's role. He is constantly roaming in search of the ball and tends to carry it out towards the wings when he has it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 15:34 - Apr 1 with 4518 viewsxrayspecs

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 14:32 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

There’s no question he has a pass in him but he’s a long way from being a success in the Prem.
Hazard, Silva etc are quite slight but they don’t get knocked off the ball easily.
Dozzell does and he also goes missing in games but, in fairness, he’s learning his craft.
But I don’t subscribe to the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support just because of his surname.

Physically, JD and AD are very different.

JD was over six foot aged 13 and had a physical presence when he broke into the team as a 16 year old. AD does not have that same physique which is partly why he has not yet been able to emulate his dad.

The game is also now a lot more physical than it was in the mid 1980s when JD made his debut so comparisons between the two will always be difficult.
"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 4500 viewsDyland

Not seen or heard a single fan over egg it like that. There's certainly some blue tinted glasses on when it comes to Andre, but nothing so over the top.

On the other hand I have seen posters who don't rate him. Which is ridiculous and shows them up for being completely ignorant and/or unrealistic.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 15:57 - Apr 1 with 4460 viewstractorshark

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 15:34 - Apr 1 by xrayspecs

Physically, JD and AD are very different.

JD was over six foot aged 13 and had a physical presence when he broke into the team as a 16 year old. AD does not have that same physique which is partly why he has not yet been able to emulate his dad.

The game is also now a lot more physical than it was in the mid 1980s when JD made his debut so comparisons between the two will always be difficult.

Agree. There is no physical comparison or even positioning comparison..
I was just comparing on the grounds of career success and potential success.
I wouldn’t necessarily say the game is more physical nowadays.
When Jason was making his way there was far less protection from referees and some fairly robust challenges. I hate to think what they would have done to Andre.
But the game is certainly quicker nowadays and the players do need to be fitter and stronger.
Hopefully Andre will develop. Like I said, there is a lot of potential.
Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 16:07 - Apr 1 with 4431 viewsStokieBlue

Nowhere near as good as his dad yet.

Jason was sold for nearly 2m in 1993. He was a quality player. Still time for AD but the comparisons are unfair at the moment. They are also different types of players.

SB

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 4430 viewstractorshark

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 15:41 - Apr 1 by Dyland

Not seen or heard a single fan over egg it like that. There's certainly some blue tinted glasses on when it comes to Andre, but nothing so over the top.

On the other hand I have seen posters who don't rate him. Which is ridiculous and shows them up for being completely ignorant and/or unrealistic.

Ok, Messiah is a bit over the top but I’ve heard and read many views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems in the past 2 years. I’m surprised you haven’t.
Ask Ipswich fans what you think he’s worth in today’s transfer market and then you can gauge whether people are being unrealistic or not.
The figures I see from our fans vary from realistic to absolutely ludicrous for a player who hasn’t done anything consistently at senior level. Harsh but true.
But I will absolutely agree with you that anyone who doesn’t rate him or think he has potential is deluded.
He’s got a lot of talent and hopefully a very bright future. My biggest worry with him is injury not ability.
"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:13 - Apr 1 with 4420 viewsBrixtonBlue

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:09 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

Ok, Messiah is a bit over the top but I’ve heard and read many views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems in the past 2 years. I’m surprised you haven’t.
Ask Ipswich fans what you think he’s worth in today’s transfer market and then you can gauge whether people are being unrealistic or not.
The figures I see from our fans vary from realistic to absolutely ludicrous for a player who hasn’t done anything consistently at senior level. Harsh but true.
But I will absolutely agree with you that anyone who doesn’t rate him or think he has potential is deluded.
He’s got a lot of talent and hopefully a very bright future. My biggest worry with him is injury not ability.

"I’ve heard and read many views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems in the past 2 years. I’m surprised you haven’t."

I haven't seen any views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems either. Where are seeing these views?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 16:28 - Apr 1 with 4379 viewsMattinLondon

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 13:30 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

I'd say it's more frantic, and you may get less time on the ball in the middle of the park - but once you lose a man in the PL they are gone whereas here it isn't quite as punishing.

I agree with that.
"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:51 - Apr 1 with 4343 viewsGarv

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:13 - Apr 1 by BrixtonBlue

"I’ve heard and read many views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems in the past 2 years. I’m surprised you haven’t."

I haven't seen any views suggesting he’s been the answer to all our problems either. Where are seeing these views?

Think this stems from us having a dull midfield with no creativity in it, and the idea of Dozzell coming into it and being the one to add this much missed creativity. Clearly he was never just going to come straight in and do that, even before his injury.

A lot of people over-egg a lot of our youngsters as being a lot better than they are. What's positive at the moment is that there is a large number of them who seem to be progressing at a similar rate and with us coming up against lesser opposition next year it could provide the stage they need to show what they can do.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:52 - Apr 1 with 4342 viewsDyland

"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 16:09 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

I haven't seen any valuations except a couple of years ago when Liverpool (I think) were rumoured to be keen... fans saying any less than 6 odd million would be criminal...

So yes, I appreciate there's silliness on both sides of the fence.

To me, I'd just like to see him given regular game time and seeing if he can up a gear. The midfield on Saturday didn't seem to be on the same wavelength at all. They were all a bit sh1t I thought :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 4290 viewsgordon

Andre Dozzell - better suited for the prem on 12:03 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

SB

There's been a fair amount of condescending posts in recent weeks about the 'physical' aspect of lower league football, and how our twinkly-toes midfielders won't be able to cope.
"the Messiah status bestowed on him from sections of our support" on 17:54 - Apr 1 with 4215 viewsReusersTown

To be fair, there are other contributing factors to people's hope/belief in him other than being academy product. Such as being so well regarded by the England set up and being a core part of one of the recently successful u17 or u19's teams, I cant seem to remember which.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024