Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? 14:31 - Apr 1 with 3881 viewsNo9

His comments about the oficials is right but it isn't confined to the PL.
The officiating at the Cardiff Chelsea games was appalling.
But that isn't the only game
Time for the FA/EFL to do something
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:33 - Apr 1 with 3853 viewstractorshark

He’s absolutely right but he wouldn’t give a toss if it was the other way round.
Warnock has a short temper and a short memory.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:36 - Apr 1 with 3832 viewsWickets

What goes round comes round !
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:39 - Apr 1 with 3825 viewsSteve_M

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:33 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

He’s absolutely right but he wouldn’t give a toss if it was the other way round.

As was indeed the case when a refereeing decision went for them against Brighton last month.

Talking about how who should have punched the referee is great bantz for all those amateur referees far more likely to be punched by annoyed players.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:41 - Apr 1 with 3817 viewsNo9

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:33 - Apr 1 by tractorshark

This was a case of bad reff'ing that happens every week in football

If things aren't improved then the game won't be worth watching
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 15:34 - Apr 1 with 3719 viewsBenters2

Warnock is the manager I’ve always wanted at Towen.

Watched that game yesterday the officials had a shocker.

End of.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 15:51 - Apr 1 with 3644 viewsHerbivore

Sympathy for Neil Warnock - isn't that a Stones song?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:00 - Apr 1 with 3638 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No sympathy.

Refs have an impossible job, as they are judged to impossible standards.

Punditry is pedantry!! The pundits judge refs based on watching numerous replays, and using technology that the refs dont have.

The criticism of refs and over analysis is ruining football.

In the main, teams lose games due to their players and managers mistakes, which are far more common the refereeing mistakes.

No sympathy.

Edit..... they are also trying to run a game with at least 24 cheats involved (including managers)
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 16:07]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:16 - Apr 1 with 3565 viewsGarv

Sympathy for Cardiff, not really for Warnock.

Pathetic way he stared down the officials at the end. If I was the ref I would have told him where to go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:17 - Apr 1 with 3554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Worth a watch;

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10811273/gary-neville-and-jamie-ca

How did Neville and Carragher get on? This one line tells the story with former Liverpool defender Carragher saying to referee Neil Swarbrick: "I will never ever criticise you ever again!"

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:30 - Apr 1 with 3489 viewsIllinoisblue

has his club paid the transfer fee for Sala yet?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 3438 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:30 - Apr 1 by Illinoisblue

has his club paid the transfer fee for Sala yet?

....karma...

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:58 - Apr 1 with 3421 viewschristiand

Certainly feel they have had some poor decisions recently. However, Cardiff City and Warnock unfortunately are out of their depth in the Premier League, simply not good enough for that level of football.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 17:05]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 17:03 - Apr 1 with 3407 viewsfactual_blue

Not really. A manager who got a game abandoned by ensuring his team was reduced to six players loses all credibility and sympathy for ever.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 3406 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 16:00 - Apr 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

No sympathy.

Punditry is pedantry!! The pundits judge refs based on watching numerous replays, and using technology that the refs dont have.

In the main, teams lose games due to their players and managers mistakes, which are far more common the refereeing mistakes.

No sympathy.

Edit..... they are also trying to run a game with at least 24 cheats involved (including managers)

Well said.

Also, I can't recall seeing a pundit ever who actually fully understands the laws of the game.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 17:05]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 18:23 - Apr 1 with 3277 viewstractorshark

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:41 - Apr 1 by No9

This was a case of bad reff'ing that happens every week in football

If things aren't improved then the game won't be worth watching

It was a shocking decision but it’s an interesting debate as to whether these mistakes ruin football or the experience.
I go to Germany to watch the Bundesliga where they have VAR. While that has improved decision making, there are still flaws, it still comes down to opinion and a lot of fans don’t like it.
It has certainly diminished the joy of celebrating a goal. Because a fair few get chalked off, fans don’t know whether to celebrate any more.
It dilutes the passion of the moment, which is a shame because in every other aspect German fans create the best atmosphere at football.
For me, football is a human sport with human emotion and human error.
Strikers miss open goals, defender score own goals and referees make mistakes.
On the whole, they don’t make many but every error is scrutinised and magnified.
Now I will criticise refs as much as any fan, and this was a bad mistake, but don’t get fooled into thinking it’s the reason why Cardiff will be relegated.
That is predominantly down to an inferior squad and mistakes from their players and manager, not the officials.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 18:43 - Apr 1 with 3238 viewsitfcbam

the sympathy I have is clear. that sort of decision is next to never given in favour of a little club against one of the top 6. As the fuss and media hype, manager outcry would be ridiculas. it's unusual for this much coverage to be given to the smaller club. at the end of it the 3 points lost arguably could cost Cardiff relegation and 100mil.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 19:50 - Apr 1 with 3163 viewsChocorange

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 18:43 - Apr 1 by itfcbam

the sympathy I have is clear. that sort of decision is next to never given in favour of a little club against one of the top 6. As the fuss and media hype, manager outcry would be ridiculas. it's unusual for this much coverage to be given to the smaller club. at the end of it the 3 points lost arguably could cost Cardiff relegation and 100mil.

Agree with this, you have to look no further than us this season.

And while I appreciate we are not bottom of the table because of refs, we have had several key decisions go against us, and very few 50/50 40/60 decisions go for us.Where as the team's at the top do get the benefit more often than not.

Nsiala sending off
2 terrible decisions versus Villa
Edun sent off
Jackson last minute pen versus Forest

How many have gone for us?

Cardif and us are also not alone, Huddersfield have had some shockers, Swansea in the cup vs Man City, the list goes on , hardly a weekend goes by without one going in favour of a 'big ' team or a team near the top.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 09:24 - Apr 2 with 2938 viewsSwansea_Blue

No sympathy.

No sympathy.

Very, very hard to take when it happens against you and its meaningful though. But yep, they should be doing more to help not vilify refs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 2888 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I listened to Glenn Murray's response which I thought was pretty much spot on (Paraphrased)

"Referee has made a big mistake that effected the game and Cardiff were very unlucky. Everyone needs to realise the magnitude of the mistakes as it impacts everyone involved in the club (not just players), but it's one of the toughest jobs around and they need support so VAR needs to be implemented asap."
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 10:27 - Apr 2 with 2882 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I don't actually mind Warnock, but I've never particularly liked Cardiff.

At the beginning of the season I would have said that I wanted them to be relegated, but after the whole Sala incident where they have shown absolutely no class whatsoever I desperately hope they get relegated, are found to have been in breach of FIFA regulations and fined appropriately and exposed as the charlatans that they are.

That said, I don't think any fan (or follower) of football wants to see mistakes like the one at the weekend.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 11:06 - Apr 2 with 2841 viewsBackToRussia

Who really gives a fvck about referees/refereeing? It's so boring. Anyone going on about it is making excuses. Even if the decision is blatantly wrong, just get on with it. Compensate by being better at football.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 12:10 - Apr 2 with 2799 viewsmaccyd9

No sympathy.

No sympathy.

Spot on.

I'm quite often amazed at how many close calls linesman get spot on. They are on a hiding to nothing and like you say, they aren't just having to adhere to the rules of the game, they are having to contend with 22 cheating players, 2 cheating managers, mouthy coaches and even substitutes.

Can't stand the premiership and frankly, after there behaviour towards the Sala situation, I hope they get relegated and relegated badly.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 12:39 - Apr 2 with 2758 viewsRobTheMonk

For the Azpelecuita goa, Sky used a VR headset on Carragher last night to show what the linesman saw. His view would of been blocked by William and there's not much he could of done to change it in the split second the cross came in. VAR at the top level should be a good thing if used correctly.
Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 20:35 - Apr 2 with 2648 viewsNo9

Anyone not have sympathy for Neil Warnock? on 14:39 - Apr 1 by Steve_M

As was indeed the case when a refereeing decision went for them against Brighton last month.

Talking about how who should have punched the referee is great bantz for all those amateur referees far more likely to be punched by annoyed players.

The point is that it is happening too often.
I don't agree with the pundits having hours to form a view but some of the offences are blatant and nowt gets done.
Ref's are human and we have seen in some games VAR hasn't been toe panacea to all ills
But I have posted several times about bad officials and believe the authorities have a duty to fans to improve the qality of the officials

Pushing, pulling holding, wrestling, ballroom dancing etc. in the penalty are is a starting place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024