Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could turn back the clock.... 12:11 - Apr 2 with 11937 viewsitfcjoe

.....knowing everything you do now.

Who would you appoint as ITFC manager in summer 2018 following Mick leaving?

Realistic candidates only......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:12 - Apr 2 with 5348 viewsKieran_Knows

Nathan Jones.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:12 - Apr 2 with 5345 viewsbluesym

Mowbray

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:13 - Apr 2 with 5334 viewsBiGDonnie

Paul Lambert

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:17 - Apr 2 with 5302 viewsSuperblue95

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:18 - Apr 2 with 5301 viewsSouperJim

He wasn't available at the time as he had just got Cardiff promoted, but I've always wanted Warnock here.

Knowing what we know now however, I'd have snapped your arm off for Lambert.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:18 - Apr 2 with 5304 viewsReuser_is_God

Back then I was massively in favour of Jack Ross.

However I think had we appointed Lambert in the summer things would be hell of a lot different now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:19 - Apr 2 with 5275 viewsPecker

Mark Cooper at FGR.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:21 - Apr 2 with 5271 viewsTractorWood

Such an uphill battle under our sell and replace with worse model. I would have liked Mowbray but not sure the outcome would be much different.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:28 - Apr 2 with 5227 viewsFtnfwest

Maurice Steijn, follow the dutch model. I did like the look of Ross i have to say but really hadn't heard of either him or Hurst before. Of the 'up and coming' managers it would have been Nathan Jones, and i'd suggested on here long before last spring that i'd liked to have seen him here, but realistically by the end of last season he was probably already out of our league
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:31 - Apr 2 with 5191 viewsPecker

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:18 - Apr 2 by Reuser_is_God

Back then I was massively in favour of Jack Ross.

However I think had we appointed Lambert in the summer things would be hell of a lot different now.

Yep. We would have about 4 points less than we do now.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:33 - Apr 2 with 5177 viewsconnorscontract

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:31 - Apr 2 by Pecker

Yep. We would have about 4 points less than we do now.

Lambert wouldn't have got rid of all three of McGoldrick, Waghorn and Garner.

Had we kept Waghorn we'd be fine now.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:34 - Apr 2 with 5166 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Warburton
Jones
Steijn
Ross
Lampard
Gerrard
Parker
Unsworth
Burley

Would have been happy with any of these.
Hurst would also have been on this list at the time.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:37 - Apr 2 with 5140 viewsPecker

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:34 - Apr 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Warburton
Jones
Steijn
Ross
Lampard
Gerrard
Parker
Unsworth
Burley

So with any of those, we could be in the same position? Perhaps that points at the manager not being the problem?
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:38 - Apr 2 with 5121 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:37 - Apr 2 by Pecker

So with any of those, we could be in the same position? Perhaps that points at the manager not being the problem?

Sorry maybe I am being dumb. But I don't get your point.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:40 - Apr 2 with 5110 viewsJ2BLUE

The easy answer is Lambert but even that has some problems. I don't think we would appreciate him anywhere near as much as we do right now if he had come in back then. I also think his appointment would have been met with much less enthusiasm because so many of us were blinded by having a young manager come in with fresh ideas.

It possibly fails the realism test depending on how interested Derby were at that point but I would say Lampard. He is nothing like Keane and most of us always thought he would make a decent manager. Another possible fail on the realism scale is the size of his transfer budget. Uncle Harry would likely have advised him to hold out for a club with much better resources.

My chosen 2, controversially for sure:

Lampard
Kuqi - instant connection with the fans, young and fresh manager and lets not forget that Hurst was such a disaster that it's basically a free hit. He was here and wanted the job. Hard to think of many lower league managers who were realistic. Jack Ross hasn't convinced me at Sunderland.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:44 - Apr 2 with 5075 viewsGarv

Edit: Mowbray.

Lampard maybe. However it's more about the strategy we should have taken once we'd appointed the manager.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 12:51]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:45 - Apr 2 with 5064 viewsMoisha

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:28 - Apr 2 by Ftnfwest

Maurice Steijn, follow the dutch model. I did like the look of Ross i have to say but really hadn't heard of either him or Hurst before. Of the 'up and coming' managers it would have been Nathan Jones, and i'd suggested on here long before last spring that i'd liked to have seen him here, but realistically by the end of last season he was probably already out of our league

Jones was my first choice.... it’s interesting that since he has left, Luton have continued winning and scoring lots of goals.

Were they doing well because of him, or inspite of him??
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:45 - Apr 2 with 5052 viewsPecker

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:38 - Apr 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sorry maybe I am being dumb. But I don't get your point.

Perhaps the owner told hurt that he had to sell our best 3 and buy cheaper replacements, so perhaps any or all of those managers would also have struggled.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:47 - Apr 2 with 5039 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:45 - Apr 2 by Pecker

Perhaps the owner told hurt that he had to sell our best 3 and buy cheaper replacements, so perhaps any or all of those managers would also have struggled.

Oh right.

Yer you are right. If Evans said that then he is the fundamental problem (Which I think he is). So yes I agree.

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:56 - Apr 2 with 4954 viewsPecker

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:34 - Apr 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Warburton
Jones
Steijn
Ross
Lampard
Gerrard
Parker
Unsworth
Burley

Got to admit, at first glance, I thought I was on that list. Parker though disappointingly.
If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:58 - Apr 2 with 4942 viewsTractorCam

Maurice Steijn

Danny Cowley

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 13:01 - Apr 2 with 4914 viewsTractorJack

I guess given he ended up at Swansea, Graham Potter isn't completely unrealistic. Would have absolutely loved him.
Lambert in the close season would have been met with serious derision (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 2 with 4881 viewsDyland

If you could turn back the clock.... on 12:40 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

The easy answer is Lambert but even that has some problems. I don't think we would appreciate him anywhere near as much as we do right now if he had come in back then. I also think his appointment would have been met with much less enthusiasm because so many of us were blinded by having a young manager come in with fresh ideas.

It possibly fails the realism test depending on how interested Derby were at that point but I would say Lampard. He is nothing like Keane and most of us always thought he would make a decent manager. Another possible fail on the realism scale is the size of his transfer budget. Uncle Harry would likely have advised him to hold out for a club with much better resources.

My chosen 2, controversially for sure:

Lampard
Kuqi - instant connection with the fans, young and fresh manager and lets not forget that Hurst was such a disaster that it's basically a free hit. He was here and wanted the job. Hard to think of many lower league managers who were realistic. Jack Ross hasn't convinced me at Sunderland.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 13:10 - Apr 2 with 4838 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you could turn back the clock.... on 13:11 - Apr 2 with 4822 viewsTractorCam

If you could turn back the clock.... on 13:10 - Apr 2 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Seemed like a perfect fit for us, wasn't my first choice but feel he was the pick of the bunch from the lower league crowd.

Wonder if we'll manage to beat them next season?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024