Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... 13:33 - Apr 2 with 4621 viewsKieran_Knows

.... what is this guy on?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:45 - Apr 2 with 4506 viewsITFC_Forever

Blaming the players now.

And still has no plan for who will take over - they're going to do very well to still exist in 24 hours time.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 4449 viewswkj

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:45 - Apr 2 by ITFC_Forever

Blaming the players now.

And still has no plan for who will take over - they're going to do very well to still exist in 24 hours time.

Indeed, not that I particularly like BWFC, our history is full of memories that lead me to dislike them, but supporters of a club don't deserve this. Life isn't rosey here at town, but it makes you appreciate just how much worse we could have it than we do, although I don't think that exonerates Evans from discontent.

Sad state of affairs, and one I hope we never have to see again (Unless its Man City*)

*Not to be taken seriously, sorry to disappoint

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:52 - Apr 2 with 4445 viewsPhilTWTD

Blaming the players now.

Worth remembering Ken Anderson was interested in brokering a deal for Town at around the time ME took over. Search for his name in this.

EGM Seals Evans Takeover 18th Dec 2007 00:48
Marcus Evans's takeover of Town was formally ratified by the club's shareholders at Monday evening's EGM. The proposal for Evans to take a 87.5% stake in the club received the support of 98.4% of the club's shareholding. 0

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:56 - Apr 2 with 4392 viewswkj

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:52 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

Worth remembering Ken Anderson was interested in brokering a deal for Town at around the time ME took over. Search for his name in this.

Marcus Evans's takeover of Town was formally ratified by the club's shareholders at Monday evening's EGM. The proposal for Evans to take a 87.5% stake in the club received the support of 98.4% of the club's shareholding. 0

Its a shame the comments tot his story were lost/non-existent at the time - it would be really interesting to scope how our output as fans have changed and what public perception of the deal was.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:59 - Apr 2 with 4346 viewsPhilTWTD

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:56 - Apr 2 by wkj

Its a shame the comments tot his story were lost/non-existent at the time - it would be really interesting to scope how our output as fans have changed and what public perception of the deal was.

Think we would still have been on Rivals back then and they didn't have comments below the line in the manner we do now. But the Message Board would indeed make interesting reading.
This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:02 - Apr 2 with 4307 viewsWD19

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:59 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

Think we would still have been on Rivals back then and they didn't have comments below the line in the manner we do now. But the Message Board would indeed make interesting reading.

I am sure I said something insightful an witty.....garnering dozens of uppies as a result. Unfortunately Gav has therefore had to destroy any evidence it ever happened.
That story makes me sad..... on 14:18 - Apr 2 with 4217 viewsBloots

....so much hope.

So much bullcrap.

If I'm reading it right does it say that 8 shareholders voted against Evans taking over?

God bless them all, whoever they may be.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:21 - Apr 2 with 4182 viewsDyland

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:02 - Apr 2 by WD19

I am sure I said something insightful an witty.....garnering dozens of uppies as a result. Unfortunately Gav has therefore had to destroy any evidence it ever happened.

If I remember correctly, your commentary earned you Moron of the Day prize. The only time ever it wasn't won by either Fookers or Bullers.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 4173 viewsMrTown

That club is absolutely all over the place. For all his tight financial constraints, Evans has never let the club become a circus like that.

Isn't the name being branded about Laurence Bassini, who surely after 2 bankruptcies would not be allowed by the EFL to front a consortium.

Also read that the legal issue is proving where these finances are coming from. The length of time taking to prove this is a worry in itself.

In the high court around 10:30 tomorrow.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 4171 viewschicoazul

Maybe we should try his approach, at least Bolton have won a few games recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That story makes me sad..... on 14:24 - Apr 2 with 4163 viewschicoazul

That story makes me sad..... on 14:18 - Apr 2 by Bloots

....so much hope.

So much bullcrap.

If I'm reading it right does it say that 8 shareholders voted against Evans taking over?

'After the meeting was over, chief executive Derek Bowden summed up the evening from the club's perspective: “It's a very positive day for the football club."'

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

hindsight is so marvelous isn't it (n/t) on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 4147 viewsDyland

That story makes me sad..... on 14:24 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

'After the meeting was over, chief executive Derek Bowden summed up the evening from the club's perspective: “It's a very positive day for the football club."'

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

hindsight is so marvelous isn't it (n/t) on 14:27 - Apr 2 with 4118 viewschicoazul

hindsight is so marvelous isn't it (n/t) on 14:25 - Apr 2 by Dyland

Hindsight, piffle, I knew from the word go this would be a disaster*.

*I didnt

That story makes me sad..... on 14:28 - Apr 2 with 4115 viewsSwansea_Blue

That story makes me sad..... on 14:18 - Apr 2 by Bloots

....so much hope.

So much bullcrap.

Imagine where we'd be without him - "life in the Championship is hell unless you've got big resources".

It's the same with many takeovers - I imagine most of joyous enthusiasm from Sheepy at the time was sheer relief to be shot of the risk.

#allpraisethe8

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know we shouldn't pick it apart, but..... on 14:36 - Apr 2 with 4040 viewsBloots

That story makes me sad..... on 14:24 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

......"Sheepshanks said the new directors are “not football men”"

Good lord.

Hail the eight.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I know we shouldn't pick it apart, but..... on 14:37 - Apr 2 with 4028 viewschicoazul

I know we shouldn't pick it apart, but..... on 14:36 - Apr 2 by Bloots

......"Sheepshanks said the new directors are “not football men”"

Good lord.

Hail the eight.

I love Sheepy and will hear not a word said against him. This isnt his fault.

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:21 - Apr 2 with 3834 viewsBlueBadger

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 14:22 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

Maybe we should try his approach, at least Bolton have won a few games recently.

Yes, but how many of those were Improved Performances?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:36 - Apr 2 with 3765 viewsSouperJim

Blaming the players now.

"I would reiterate that in my three years at the club, the staff have only been paid late once and yesterday was only the second time."

Erm, if it was for the second time then that's twice Ken.

If I was paid late twice in 3 years, I'd work somewhere else.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:51 - Apr 2 with 3674 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:36 - Apr 2 by SouperJim

"I would reiterate that in my three years at the club, the staff have only been paid late once and yesterday was only the second time."

He even followed that statement with accepting that the players were paid late on 3 occasions..

So The Claim of only "being paid late once" has been well and truly quashed in his following sentence
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 14:03]
This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:53 - Apr 2 with 3658 viewsElderGrizzly

But twice in two months. Which is the bigger issue here I assume
This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 16:26 - Apr 2 with 3534 viewsbontcho

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:16 - Apr 3 with 2953 viewsBergholtblue

Read that article and also saw this

"to resourcing the club with finances which could launch a realistic promotion challenge."

That didn't work out either!

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:23 - Apr 3 with 2911 viewsBergholtblue

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 15:53 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

But twice in two months. Which is the bigger issue here I assume

Bigger issue? That's what they will all be selling come May.

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

This statement from the Bolton Chairman.... on 13:54 - Apr 3 with 2819 viewsclive_baker

Anyone else annoyed at how many times he says "great deal"? Sounds like 2016 Farage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024