Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubbish though we are and with no prospect 18:59 - Apr 2 with 1378 viewsIllinoisblue

Of things getting better, and with the scum going up, and with our best players likely to be sold in the summer, and with 6 wins from 50 games, and heading into Div 3 for the first time in over 60 years...

Bolton fans may not have a club to support tomorrow. Imagine if that was us...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 1345 viewswkj

As long as our style of football improved as a result I'm all for it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:03 - Apr 2 with 1333 viewsHerbivore

It would be a mercy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:03 - Apr 2 with 1332 viewsBlueBadger

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:02 - Apr 2 by wkj

As long as our style of football improved as a result I'm all for it

I fear that anyone hoping for glorious flowing football in the third division will be sadly disappointed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:29 - Apr 2 with 1270 viewsITFC_Forever

Is it wrong to still hate Bolton (and The Blunts for that matter) all these years later?

Horrible club with horrible fans who had a horrible manager and horrible players.

Not sure I hate them enough to go bust though, although it’s close call.

On a more macro point, I fear that football needs a couple of (relatively) big names to go bust.
As anyone knows, football is completely unsustainable outside the top six in the Prem - and that can’t last.
And the Football League stand by and let it happen. The people behind Bolton’s crumb of hope don’t appear to be any better than Anderson and shouldn’t pass a Fit and Proper Person year in a million years. But this is the Football League, so there’s every chance.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 21:00]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 1119 viewsIllinoisblue

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 19:29 - Apr 2 by ITFC_Forever

Is it wrong to still hate Bolton (and The Blunts for that matter) all these years later?

Horrible club with horrible fans who had a horrible manager and horrible players.

Not sure I hate them enough to go bust though, although it’s close call.

On a more macro point, I fear that football needs a couple of (relatively) big names to go bust.
As anyone knows, football is completely unsustainable outside the top six in the Prem - and that can’t last.
And the Football League stand by and let it happen. The people behind Bolton’s crumb of hope don’t appear to be any better than Anderson and shouldn’t pass a Fit and Proper Person year in a million years. But this is the Football League, so there’s every chance.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 21:00]

totally agree on your second point. The bubble has to burst. It's funny, you see those Price of Football tweets about how clubs from all divisions are losing tens of thousands of pounds a week, yet there never seems to be any consequences. Eventually there has to be.

62 - 78 - 81

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 20:42 - Apr 2 with 1089 viewsPecker

"our best players"?
Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 20:44 - Apr 2 with 1089 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"our best players likely to be sold in the summer" Who would that be? The players that leave won't be bringing in fees I expect.

That said, I make you right. We are worse on the pitch than Bolton but at least we will still have a club to support next season. They are in real danger of having to start again from scratch, if that's even possible. What does happen in their situation? How is it different to what happened to many other clubs in the past?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 20:57 - Apr 2 with 1040 viewsIllinoisblue

Rubbish though we are and with no prospect on 20:42 - Apr 2 by Pecker

"our best players"?

Lankester, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024