Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ch4 last night - Britains Hidden war 21:15 - Apr 2 with 776 viewsNo9

All about the Yeman war, worth a watch, the UK didn't come out of it very well at all.
Ch4 last night - Britains Hidden war on 21:22 - Apr 2 with 764 viewsbournemouthblue

We are massively hypocritical when it comes to Saudi Arabia because they give us loads of money for weapons

Government ministers generally just say that it's 'in the national interests' and they are a 'important partner in the middle-east' which is true but certainly morally questionable

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ch4 last night - Britains Hidden war on 21:30 - Apr 2 with 755 viewsNo9

Ch4 last night - Britains Hidden war on 21:22 - Apr 2 by bournemouthblue

We are massively hypocritical when it comes to Saudi Arabia because they give us loads of money for weapons

Government ministers generally just say that it's 'in the national interests' and they are a 'important partner in the middle-east' which is true but certainly morally questionable

It looks very much like the governments claims about what British personnel are doing in SA is not what they are really doing.
I was suprised to learn there are 6000 personnel from UK companies out in SA
I encourage everyone to watch on catch up if they haven't seen it
Ch4 last night - Britains Hidden war on 22:57 - Apr 2 with 699 viewsunstableblue

I felt the UK military were not implicated in supporting the operations and targeting directly - which are clearly out of control, and killing civilians.

By having an arms industry, and selling to Saudi or other similar regimes, anyone in that supply chain is culpable, not just those British technicians stationed at Saudi bases.

Sadly BAE and all their suppliers provide vital vital jobs, jobs that will become even more vital as the economy weakens. Especially as jobs and companies in the weapons industry can mark-up goods very highly.

In my view we should never sell arms to any country with question marks over their processes and motives.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024