Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody on here remember Roger? 12:50 - Apr 3 with 1837 viewsMisterBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47763294

The only player I recognise from the photo is TALBOT
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 12:56 - Apr 3 with 1782 viewsPJH

I don't remember him.

I think the second from left in the back row was named Buttle or something similar.
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 1757 viewsBeckets

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 12:56 - Apr 3 by PJH

I don't remember him.

I think the second from left in the back row was named Buttle or something similar.

Far left on the front row is Terry Shanahan I think. Second from right front row I’m going for Roger Wosalho?
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 13:08 - Apr 3 with 1745 viewsbluefunk

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 13:04 - Apr 3 by Beckets

Far left on the front row is Terry Shanahan I think. Second from right front row I’m going for Roger Wosalho?

Brian Talbot front row second left and Johnny Miller, back row third left I think
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 14:37 - Apr 3 with 1635 viewstrncbluearmy

Black lad back row Johnny Miller?
Fast exciting winger, tipped at one stage to be first coloured player to play for England if memory serves
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 15:46 - Apr 3 with 1562 viewsfloridablue

Wow, yes I certainly remember him. I've often wondered what happened to him. I remember joking with him in the nightclub above the Gaumont cinema St Helens St more than once as at that time it was a young skinhead hangout. I remember Brian Talbot and another young Town player I knew, Philip Trenter (both from my school) going over to Canada to play so I guess Verdi went with. Brought back great memories thanks for posting this.
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 16:27 - Apr 3 with 1513 viewsBlueUhuru

Back row,
Trenter, Buttle, ? (not Miller), Tawsley, Cook, Verdi
Front row,
Shanahan, Talbot, ?, ?, Twamley, Addo

Zuun Salaa Mod

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 16:33 - Apr 3 with 1504 viewsPJH

Just looking in the 1971/72 ITFC Supporters Club Official Handbook and Glen Keeley was also about at that time but I do not recognise him in the photo.
Anybody on here remember Roger? on 21:16 - Apr 3 with 1330 viewsfloridablue

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 16:33 - Apr 3 by PJH

Just looking in the 1971/72 ITFC Supporters Club Official Handbook and Glen Keeley was also about at that time but I do not recognise him in the photo.

I would say the team photo on the BBC link is from 70/71 as Talbot and Trenter went out to Canada around that season. I've read a couple more links to Roger Verdi and his life nowadays in Texas and i'm considering messaging him to see if he remembers his nights out in the Vics club above the Gaumont cinema.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 21:34 - Apr 3 with 1298 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anybody on here remember Roger? on 14:37 - Apr 3 by trncbluearmy

Black lad back row Johnny Miller?
Fast exciting winger, tipped at one stage to be first coloured player to play for England if memory serves

First think I noticed. Having a black player at that time must have been rare enough, let alone an Asian one too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024