Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaping 08:16 - Apr 4 with 2440 viewsCOYBitfc

I get that it is supposed to be a better option to cigarettes, but jesus christ I do not appreciate having to walk through a plumb of smoke/vapour or whatever it's called when walking behind someone having a toke.....

That's all..

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Vaping on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 2334 viewsSwansea_Blue

Did I see a headline saying that the chemicals in them may be carcinogenic after all, or did I make that up in my dopey head?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vaping on 09:33 - Apr 4 with 2327 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yeah this. Also its not really a better option as you are just inhaling a lungful of chemicals instead of tobacco ( and chemicals ). Just man up and stop poisoning yourself, it's really not that difficult.
Vaping on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 2318 viewshampstead_blue

Vaping on 09:32 - Apr 4 by Swansea_Blue

Did I see a headline saying that the chemicals in them may be carcinogenic after all, or did I make that up in my dopey head?

there was a mention of some research on R4 yesterday. Didn't catch the detail but it can't be good for you.

Absorbing all those chemicals straight into your bloodstream cannot be good.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Vaping on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 2318 viewsSwansea_Blue

Vaping on 09:33 - Apr 4 by Harry_Palmer

Yeah this. Also its not really a better option as you are just inhaling a lungful of chemicals instead of tobacco ( and chemicals ). Just man up and stop poisoning yourself, it's really not that difficult.

Agreed, although people have said that they really make a difference in giving up. So as long as it's then easy to give up vaping, it's probably well worth it. If you're still hooked but just on a different group of poisons, it does make you wonder what the point is.

It's been a cracking investment for whoever came up with the idea and got stuff patented first.

Vaping on 09:45 - Apr 4 with 2302 viewsBackToRussia

Vaping on 09:33 - Apr 4 by Harry_Palmer

Or just go back to straight tobacco, can't be that bad for ye.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Vaping on 09:50 - Apr 4 with 2298 viewsJohnny_Boy

That all comes down to the 'flavours' you use. The cheaper options, tend to be produced by people with very little care for the users.

Google 'Popcorn Lungs'. Factory workers in a microwave-popcorn distribution plant were inhaling various carcinogenic 'artificial flavours' & developed all stages of lung health problems. Rules were definitely tightened up in the States regarding artificial flavourings - but like most things cheaper produced, China are still selling the bad stuff.
Vaping on 10:52 - Apr 4 with 2234 viewsTIB

I drive with my fog lights on permanently now what with all the vapers on the roads.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Vaping on 11:19 - Apr 4 with 2198 viewsChondzoresk

I vape. I too get peed off by walking through clouds of vapour. I do that privately in my back garden, not publicly. I am discreet in public. I respect others. I do thank vaping for stopping me from a 60 a day habit of GV and rizlas.
Login to get fewer ads

Vaping on 11:20 - Apr 4 with 2202 viewsflimflam

propylene glycol,
vegetable glycerine,
nicotine,
flavourings

Thats the sum total of whats in e-liquid and even if you dont use them probably regularly ingest 2 or 3 of them on a regular basis.

Nicotine is not harmful and dilutes through your body in the small amounts present. Large amounts will kill you as is toxic.

Compare that to the thousand or so chemicals in cigarettes then I will stick to my vape thanks.

I dont buy all the scare stories as when you look behind who funds the research more often than not they have an agenda to promote them as bad. The amount of profit the cigarette companies are losing and also tax the government are losing makes you wonder if they really have our best interests at heart!!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 11:26]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Vaping on 11:22 - Apr 4 with 2197 viewsChondzoresk

Vaping on 11:20 - Apr 4 by flimflam

propylene glycol,
vegetable glycerine,
nicotine,
flavourings

Thats the sum total of whats in e-liquid and even if you dont use them probably regularly ingest 2 or 3 of them on a regular basis.

Nicotine is not harmful and dilutes through your body in the small amounts present. Large amounts will kill you as is toxic.

Compare that to the thousand or so chemicals in cigarettes then I will stick to my vape thanks.

I dont buy all the scare stories as when you look behind who funds the research more often than not they have an agenda to promote them as bad. The amount of profit the cigarette companies are losing and also tax the government are losing makes you wonder if they really have our best interests at heart!!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 11:26]

Agreed
Vaping on 11:36 - Apr 4 with 2172 viewsSouperJim

Vaping on 09:50 - Apr 4 by Johnny_Boy

That all comes down to the 'flavours' you use. The cheaper options, tend to be produced by people with very little care for the users.

Google 'Popcorn Lungs'. Factory workers in a microwave-popcorn distribution plant were inhaling various carcinogenic 'artificial flavours' & developed all stages of lung health problems. Rules were definitely tightened up in the States regarding artificial flavourings - but like most things cheaper produced, China are still selling the bad stuff.

It's linked to exposure to high levels of diacetyl (although not proven), which isn't allowed in e-cigarette liquid in the UK anyway.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Vaping on 11:43 - Apr 4 with 2159 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this has been an education. Popcorn lung has now entered my vocabulary. According to Cancer research there's no evidence, so far, that vapes are linked to popcorn lung. If these get people off cigarettes then that has to be a good thing. Maybe they could just find a way of reducing the size of the smoke cloud!

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-controvers

Vaping on 12:06 - Apr 4 with 2125 viewsRadlett_blue

Vaping on 09:38 - Apr 4 by hampstead_blue

there was a mention of some research on R4 yesterday. Didn't catch the detail but it can't be good for you.

Absorbing all those chemicals straight into your bloodstream cannot be good.

E-cigarettes heat nicotine (extracted from tobacco), flavorings and other chemicals to create a water vapor that you inhale. Regular tobacco cigarettes contain 7,000 chemicals, many of which are toxic. While we don’t know exactly what chemicals are in e-cigarettes, there’s almost no doubt that they expose you to fewer toxic chemicals than traditional cigarettes.”

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Vaping on 12:12 - Apr 4 with 2110 viewsJ2BLUE

Vaping on 11:19 - Apr 4 by Chondzoresk

I vape. I too get peed off by walking through clouds of vapour. I do that privately in my back garden, not publicly. I am discreet in public. I respect others. I do thank vaping for stopping me from a 60 a day habit of GV and rizlas.

60 a day? Roughly 16 waking hours...how?!?!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vaping on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 2042 viewsunbelievablue

Vaping on 12:12 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

One every 15 minutes or so, dufus.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Vaping on 14:25 - Apr 4 with 1921 viewsChondzoresk

Vaping on 12:12 - Apr 4 by J2BLUE

I literally chain smoked during the day, simple as that. Cant stand ciggie smoke now. Just the vaping to sort out now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024