Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 months off the booze now 10:05 - Apr 4 with 6774 viewsstickymockwell

I've started having a few non alcoholic beers when I go out so that I can feel included, but wow do I feel good about it.
#crackedit

Just need to get over my ITFC depression and then life is great.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

7 months off the booze now on 10:11 - Apr 4 with 5086 viewsNo9

You mean go back on the booze & drown your sorrows?
7 months off the booze now on 10:13 - Apr 4 with 5075 viewshampstead_blue

Becks Blue is nice but has to be cold. I drink that sometimes.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

7 months off the booze now on 10:15 - Apr 4 with 5065 viewsstickymockwell

7 months off the booze now on 10:13 - Apr 4 by hampstead_blue

Becks Blue is nice but has to be cold. I drink that sometimes.

Nanny state and ghost ship are my choice. If its just larger then Heineken 00 isn't too bad.

7 months off the booze now on 10:19 - Apr 4 with 5052 viewsclive_baker

Good for you, well done Sticky!

I'm not off the booze, as I don't want to deny myself something I enjoy from time to time, and it was always controlled, but I made a conscious effort from 2019 to cut down a lot. Probably only had alcohol on 4 or 5 occasions so far this year, and one was a wedding and another a stag do. Strictly no drinking at home or during the week. Still going out as much but happy to catch up with friends with a soft drink now if it's midweek etc. I'm definitely seeing the health and financial benefits (particularly my shopping basket, as no in home consumption for me), and actually appreciating it much more when I do drink.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

7 months off the booze now on 10:25 - Apr 4 with 5032 viewsNo9

7 months off the booze now on 10:15 - Apr 4 by stickymockwell

Nanny state and ghost ship are my choice. If its just larger then Heineken 00 isn't too bad.

Sainsburys own - Czech Lager is very good
I have gien it to lager drinkers who can't tell it is classed as non alcohol
Ghost Ship is very good
Greene King Speckled Hen not as good
I was not taken by Nanny state at all
Becks Blu is good as is Erdinger
Heineken not keen San Miguel is better
Bavarian is crap
7 months off the booze now on 10:27 - Apr 4 with 5028 viewsSomethingBlue

7 months off the booze now on 10:25 - Apr 4 by No9

Ghost Ship is very good
Bavarian is crap

Non-alc Ghost Ship is a million miles ahead of the rest — probably because (like Erdinger actually) they de-alcoholise the original product rather than making a rubbish imitation from scratch.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

7 months off the booze now on 10:34 - Apr 4 with 5008 viewssoupytwist

7 months off the booze now on 10:25 - Apr 4 by No9

Ghost Ship is very good
Bavarian is crap

Ghost Ship alcohol free is (to me at least) indistinguishable from the original. Unfortunately I'm not a massive fan of those very hoppy beers.
Nanny State is one of those very hoppy beers so if you like them, maybe you'll like that.
Sainsburys own - Czech Lager is indeed very good
Lidl do their own alcohol free wheat beer which is pretty good if you like that style. It's also only 69p per bottle!
Haven't had Erdinger or Becks Blu but will give the Erdinger a try if it's a de-alcoholised version of the regular stuff.

Friend of mine, inspired by me going on about non alcoholic beers tried the Peroni offering, said it was undrinkable.
7 months off the booze now on 10:42 - Apr 4 with 4984 viewschicoazul

Why come OP? Health reasons?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

7 months off the booze now on 10:46 - Apr 4 with 4982 viewsTIB

Top work dude. I don't really get "smashed" that often but do drink 3-4 times a week...cutting drinking in the week is getting there but Thursday's have become a bit of a night for me and a few mates to head to the pub. Running Away Days also means I'm in and around beer a lot although I've had a few folk email me of late asking about a 0% beer, seems the market is there so will be looking into it.

Can't comment too much on 0% beer...I've only had Bavaria Blue. It was nice, looked and poured like a beer...tasted like beer...my only negative would be it was overly malty / syrupy.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

7 months off the booze now on 10:55 - Apr 4 with 4947 viewssolemio

7 months off the booze now on 10:34 - Apr 4 by soupytwist

Ghost Ship alcohol free is (to me at least) indistinguishable from the original. Unfortunately I'm not a massive fan of those very hoppy beers.
Nanny State is one of those very hoppy beers so if you like them, maybe you'll like that.
Lidl do their own alcohol free wheat beer which is pretty good if you like that style. It's also only 69p per bottle!
Haven't had Erdinger or Becks Blu but will give the Erdinger a try if it's a de-alcoholised version of the regular stuff.

Friend of mine, inspired by me going on about non alcoholic beers tried the Peroni offering, said it was undrinkable.

On this site it is considered essential to like Hoppy beers.
7 months off the booze now on 11:05 - Apr 4 with 4925 viewsstickymockwell

7 months off the booze now on 10:42 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

Why come OP? Health reasons?

I'm recovering/recovered.

7 months off the booze now on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 4912 viewsNo9

I haven't seen the Lidl stuff, thanks for the tip although Im not really a fan of wheat beers
7 months off the booze now on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 4910 viewschicoazul

7 months off the booze now on 11:05 - Apr 4 by stickymockwell

I'm recovering/recovered.

Gotcha. Good luck, friend!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

7 months off the booze now on 11:11 - Apr 4 with 4902 viewsReuser_is_God

7 months off the booze now on 10:19 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

Good for you, well done Sticky!

I'm not off the booze, as I don't want to deny myself something I enjoy from time to time, and it was always controlled, but I made a conscious effort from 2019 to cut down a lot. Probably only had alcohol on 4 or 5 occasions so far this year, and one was a wedding and another a stag do. Strictly no drinking at home or during the week. Still going out as much but happy to catch up with friends with a soft drink now if it's midweek etc. I'm definitely seeing the health and financial benefits (particularly my shopping basket, as no in home consumption for me), and actually appreciating it much more when I do drink.

I’ve always done this.

I’m now at the stage where I get annoyed when people buy me beers for birthday/Christmas present as it means I will drink at home.

As you allude too, it makes when you do actually go out much more enjoyable.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

7 months off the booze now on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 4900 viewsKieran_Knows

Fair play. The only non-alcoholic beer I've ever had/tried is the San Miguel one and I must say it's the worst drink I've ever tasted.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

7 months off the booze now on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 4899 viewsReuser_is_God

Well done pal.

Evans out

7 months off the booze now on 11:13 - Apr 4 with 4894 viewsReuser_is_God

7 months off the booze now on 10:46 - Apr 4 by TIB

Top work dude. I don't really get "smashed" that often but do drink 3-4 times a week...cutting drinking in the week is getting there but Thursday's have become a bit of a night for me and a few mates to head to the pub. Running Away Days also means I'm in and around beer a lot although I've had a few folk email me of late asking about a 0% beer, seems the market is there so will be looking into it.

Can't comment too much on 0% beer...I've only had Bavaria Blue. It was nice, looked and poured like a beer...tasted like beer...my only negative would be it was overly malty / syrupy.

Becks Blue is the only non alcolholic beer I’ve tasted which I’ve thought was decent.

San Miguel & Ghostship 0% are horrendous.

Evans out

7 months off the booze now on 11:51 - Apr 4 with 4841 viewsSwansea_Blue

7 months off the booze now on 10:27 - Apr 4 by SomethingBlue

Non-alc Ghost Ship is a million miles ahead of the rest — probably because (like Erdinger actually) they de-alcoholise the original product rather than making a rubbish imitation from scratch.

Can't get it round here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

7 months off the booze now on 12:03 - Apr 4 with 4821 viewsBrixtonBlue

Having my first beer for a year on Saturday - in the most remote pub on the British mainland (as recommended by Stokie Blue)! Should be ...interesting.

I drink plenty of Nanny State as that's my fave, but I'll have Becks Blue or Heineken 0.0 if they're available as they're not too bad either.

Wasn't really keen on the Ghost Ship and thought the Erdinger was disgusting. Non-alcoholic Budweiser just tastes of nothing.

Well done on 7 months, you're over the worst.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

7 months off the booze now on 13:45 - Apr 4 with 4681 viewshoppy

There aren't many that are fans of the hoppy stuff, to be fair.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

7 months off the booze now on 13:49 - Apr 4 with 4662 viewsSwansea_Blue

7 months off the booze now on 13:45 - Apr 4 by hoppy

Your username has ruined the career of many a beer marketeer. "A mouthful of fruity hoppyness" just doesn't do it for me!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good work Stickers on 13:51 - Apr 4 with 4657 viewsDyland

Proud of you without even knowing you :) x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

7 months off the booze now on 13:51 - Apr 4 with 4657 viewsTractorWood

Erdinger Alkoholfrei is the answer.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

7 months off the booze now on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 4641 viewsjeera

7 months off the booze now on 13:45 - Apr 4 by hoppy

Do you think some of the stuff has just had its day!?

The ingredients just no longer work, the material old and a bit knackered...

A bit stale even.

; )

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

7 months off the booze now on 13:56 - Apr 4 with 4637 viewsDeano69

7 months off the booze now on 10:15 - Apr 4 by stickymockwell

Nanny State & Ghost ship (0.5%) are both really good alternatives

Its very difficult to find something to drink on a night out if you dont want the alcohol. Long gone are the days i want to drink gallons of Cola or Orange & Lemonade.

read somewhere that something like 30% of under 25 year old dont drink, times are changing
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 14:06]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024