Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... 10:19 - Apr 4 with 2916 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/seriously-impressive-tonight.1468612/

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 10:29 - Apr 4 with 2870 viewsBluefish

I expect Ross knew this as well and that is why he went for the easier ride with Sunderland. You would probably assess his performance as just below average or average at best this season when you look at the resources for that league and the expected performance.

Hurst was a safer bet albeit didn't work out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 10:32 - Apr 4 with 2857 viewschicoazul

Good to see there is at least one other forum like ours!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 10:40 - Apr 4 with 2827 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 10:29 - Apr 4 by Bluefish

I expect Ross knew this as well and that is why he went for the easier ride with Sunderland. You would probably assess his performance as just below average or average at best this season when you look at the resources for that league and the expected performance.

Hurst was a safer bet albeit didn't work out

Nah, I think he just went for the first club that actually offered him the job.

He had in-depth discussions with ME, ME was impressed by all accounts, but wanted to speak to Hurst - and Shrewsbury were in the PO Final, so ME chose to wait.

In the meantime, Sunderland came in and actually offered him the job.

Of course, if ME was impressed with him, he should have offered him the job there and then, and tough luck on Hurst who would have missed out due to unfortunate timing.

You could also argue Sunderland might have been a better job for Hurst as he had experience in L1 and knew what it took to be successful in that division.

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:02 - Apr 4 with 2745 viewsHarryWright

Not massively surprising they have by far the best and most expensive squad in the league and they're struggling to get over the line. Hardly a great job being done by him but he's doing ok to at least have them up there.
Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:05 - Apr 4 with 2730 viewsReuser_is_God

I find that a bit strange.

For a club that has been in relegation battles for the last 5 seasons to be challenging for promotion I’d expect their fans to be loving him, regardless of division.

They were an absolute basket case & no one would’ve been surprised had they struggled in L1 this year.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:08 - Apr 4 with 2701 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:02 - Apr 4 by HarryWright

Not massively surprising they have by far the best and most expensive squad in the league and they're struggling to get over the line. Hardly a great job being done by him but he's doing ok to at least have them up there.

I don't think their budget is as big as some think - I'm sure when the club was sold last summer, the new owners had to agree to giving the remaining parachute money to the old owners as payment.

Sunderland have drawn a lot of games, they are a massive fish in that pond in terms of club size, so I think there's definitely an element of clubs raising their game against them.
Only lost 2 games all season, and three points behind second with two games in-hand.

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:09 - Apr 4 with 2699 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:05 - Apr 4 by Reuser_is_God

For a club that has been in relegation battles for the last 5 seasons to be challenging for promotion I’d expect their fans to be loving him, regardless of division.

They were an absolute basket case & no one would’ve been surprised had they struggled in L1 this year.

For real? They've got new owners, a ridiculously good squad, and incredibly deep pockets. They should be pissing that league really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:13 - Apr 4 with 2675 viewsHarryWright

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:08 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Forever

I don't think their budget is as big as some think - I'm sure when the club was sold last summer, the new owners had to agree to giving the remaining parachute money to the old owners as payment.

Sunderland have drawn a lot of games, they are a massive fish in that pond in terms of club size, so I think there's definitely an element of clubs raising their game against them.
Only lost 2 games all season, and three points behind second with two games in-hand.

I was mainly looking at the 4 million for Will Grigg, that's crazy money in league 1.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:15 - Apr 4 with 2671 viewsReuser_is_God

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:09 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

For real? They've got new owners, a ridiculously good squad, and incredibly deep pockets. They should be pissing that league really.

Of course but it’s still going to take them a while to turn the whole thing around.

That club has been used to getting beaten every week now for 5/6 seasons, you won’t shift that losing mentality over night.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:45 - Apr 4 with 2594 viewsWD19

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:05 - Apr 4 by Reuser_is_God

Those 2 league defeats in 37 must really weigh heavy......
Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 11:48 - Apr 4 with 2580 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only lost 2 league games all season. That's not too shabby.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 12:22 - Apr 4 with 2495 viewsmonty_radio

I guess that, notwithstanding a lengthy downward spiral, they can't help but see how big they remain when set against names such as Fleetwood, Southend, Accrington etc.

In contrast we've had two decades of gradual decline and were always a country club, even in our heyday. The sad acceptance of where we've reached was evident on the pitch on Saturday, and in the doom-laden terrace frivolity.

Not saying Sunderland feel entitled, just shell-shocked. Unless Ross is a Fergie in the making, they were always likely to be disappointed with him, but with the Scottish connections and the offer from a big club, he could do little else but go there.

I'd like him here, if P.L. were to go.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 12:24 - Apr 4 with 2482 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 12:22 - Apr 4 by monty_radio

I guess that, notwithstanding a lengthy downward spiral, they can't help but see how big they remain when set against names such as Fleetwood, Southend, Accrington etc.

In contrast we've had two decades of gradual decline and were always a country club, even in our heyday. The sad acceptance of where we've reached was evident on the pitch on Saturday, and in the doom-laden terrace frivolity.

Not saying Sunderland feel entitled, just shell-shocked. Unless Ross is a Fergie in the making, they were always likely to be disappointed with him, but with the Scottish connections and the offer from a big club, he could do little else but go there.

I'd like him here, if P.L. were to go.

"I'd like him here, if P.L. were to go."

PL isn't going to go. And if he did, why would Ross come here now, when he's likely to take Sunderland up?

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 2435 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope Sunderland do get promoted. Having had a full season with them, Ross will have them sorted and playing exactly how he wants by next season. Whatever their budget, it must be bigger than anyone else in League One given the support they have. Without Sunderland, I would think that ITFC will be the biggest team in League One, and with my optimistic hat on, we should be pushing for top two, and that will be easier for us without Sunderland.
Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 14:04 - Apr 4 with 2185 viewsmonty_radio

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 12:24 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Forever

"I'd like him here, if P.L. were to go."

PL isn't going to go. And if he did, why would Ross come here now, when he's likely to take Sunderland up?

P.L. not going to go and Ross to be strengthening the Black Cats in the Championship - being ITK brings such clarity. I thought "if" was a conditional, but it's clearly conditional on my own ignorance.

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 2178 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 14:04 - Apr 4 by monty_radio

P.L. not going to go and Ross to be strengthening the Black Cats in the Championship - being ITK brings such clarity. I thought "if" was a conditional, but it's clearly conditional on my own ignorance.

If implies there's a chance of the scenario described happening. There isn't.

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 16:37 - Apr 4 with 2008 viewsmonty_radio

Sunderland fans still undecided on Ross... on 14:05 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Forever

If implies there's a chance of the scenario described happening. There isn't.

"If" implies nothing; it's a hypothetical.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024