Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives about playing in League 1 next season 15:17 - Apr 4 with 5077 viewsIllinoisblue

Less northern teams to travel to
New grounds to visit
No blank weekends because of international breaks

And, erm..... what else?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:18 - Apr 4 with 3191 viewsKieran_Knows

We would probably still fall foul of the international weekends though, only has to be 3 players that are called up, IIRC? Judge, Downes, Dozzell to name a few.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 15:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:21 - Apr 4 with 3165 viewsSpruceMoose

Surely my iFollow season ticket will be cheaper?

Are League One games shown on ESPN? If not I won't have to keep inventing new email addresses to access the free trial every time they're showing our games.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:22 - Apr 4 with 3155 viewsKieran_Knows

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:21 - Apr 4 by SpruceMoose

Are League One games shown on ESPN? If not I won't have to keep inventing new email addresses to access the free trial every time they're showing our games.

Your iFollow costs are going up so we can have cheaper season tickets.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:24 - Apr 4 with 3133 viewsSpruceMoose

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:22 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

Your iFollow costs are going up so we can have cheaper season tickets.

Jokes on you. I'll just split the cost with Illy and watch it at his every week.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:36 - Apr 4 with 3090 viewsmanchego

Winning a lot ?
Seriously attempting promotion ?
Playing the yoof ?
Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:37 - Apr 4 with 3081 viewsSpruceMoose

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:36 - Apr 4 by manchego

Winning a lot ?
Seriously attempting promotion ?
Playing the yoof ?

On the other hand...

Losing a lot
Actually surviving relegation
Losing all our fragile youth to injury in September

The not knowing which is the exciting part!

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:47 - Apr 4 with 3046 viewsmanchego

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:37 - Apr 4 by SpruceMoose

On the other hand...

Losing a lot
Actually surviving relegation
Losing all our fragile youth to injury in September

The not knowing which is the exciting part!

Obviously that would all be awful but come September I know I'll be Mr Super Positive.
Genuinely looking forward to phoenix from the flames type thing.
Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:48 - Apr 4 with 3046 viewsSomethingBlue

Not a single positive, let's just hope we can get out of there immediately. Sign Judge and I will think we have an excellent chance.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:56 - Apr 4 with 3018 viewsFenoit

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:21 - Apr 4 by SpruceMoose

If you have an @gmail.com email address then you can simply add and move a "." or "-" in your email address and websites don't tend to recognise this as already used and the email will still come to your address. Should save you some hassle.
Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:57 - Apr 4 with 3014 viewsITFC_Forever

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:18 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

We would probably still fall foul of the international weekends though, only has to be 3 players that are called up, IIRC? Judge, Downes, Dozzell to name a few.

Keane as well if he signs, maybe Nydam.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:58 - Apr 4 with 3008 viewsSpruceMoose

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:56 - Apr 4 by Fenoit

If you have an @gmail.com email address then you can simply add and move a "." or "-" in your email address and websites don't tend to recognise this as already used and the email will still come to your address. Should save you some hassle.

Well that's interesting. I've achieved similar by lengthening out 'gmail.com' to 'googlemail.com' in the past too.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 15:58]

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:17 - Apr 4 with 2960 viewsIllinoisblue

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:24 - Apr 4 by SpruceMoose

Jokes on you. I'll just split the cost with Illy and watch it at his every week.

L1 footy and bacon rolls in the man cave. Not a euphemism by the way.

62 - 78 - 81

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:19 - Apr 4 with 2944 viewsPJH

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:18 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

I hope so because at the moment my wife is not too happy because I have said that there are likely to be ITFC games every Saturday so fitting in extra holidays, as we have been doing, might be a problem next season.
Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:21 - Apr 4 with 2940 viewsIllinoisblue

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:48 - Apr 4 by SomethingBlue

Not a single positive, let's just hope we can get out of there immediately. Sign Judge and I will think we have an excellent chance.

although if we get off to a good start, win some games and fans actually enjoy Saturdays again... a fine line, of course, if it doesn't go so well, by October we'll be playing in a stadium that will literally be two-thirds empty.

62 - 78 - 81

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:23 - Apr 4 with 2931 viewsitfcjoe

We'll win more games than we lose

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:32 - Apr 4 with 2883 viewsGeoffSentence

We will definitely beat some league one opposition at some point, which will be the first time in a very long time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:41 - Apr 4 with 2839 viewsIpswichKnight

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:23 - Apr 4 by itfcjoe

We'll win more games than we lose

Shouldn't be too hard considering we've only won 5 out of last 50 games!

Going to some grounds i've never been to before
Potential midweek games in the South East
Maybe just maybe a trip to Wembley in the checkatrade/Play offs
Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:43 - Apr 4 with 2832 viewsReuser_is_God

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:21 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

although if we get off to a good start, win some games and fans actually enjoy Saturdays again... a fine line, of course, if it doesn't go so well, by October we'll be playing in a stadium that will literally be two-thirds empty.

'we'll be playing in a stadium that will literally be two-thirds empty.'

Just like at times last season then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:43 - Apr 4 with 2827 viewsReuser_is_God

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:19 - Apr 4 by PJH

I hope so because at the moment my wife is not too happy because I have said that there are likely to be ITFC games every Saturday so fitting in extra holidays, as we have been doing, might be a problem next season.

Sack her off.

Evans out

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:44 - Apr 4 with 2828 viewsReuser_is_God

We'll storm it with 100+ points.

Evans out

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:47 - Apr 4 with 2811 viewschicoazul

We will win a few games, maybe even a few on the trot. We will hopefully go deep in the Checkatrade, and btw, screw anyone who sneers at that competition, there were 80k at the Portsmouth Sunderland game. We have a great chance to enjoy a bit of success again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:49 - Apr 4 with 2801 viewschicoazul

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 15:48 - Apr 4 by SomethingBlue

Misanthropic. It's a chance to have some fun again!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:49 - Apr 4 with 2802 viewsReuser_is_God

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:47 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

We will win a few games, maybe even a few on the trot. We will hopefully go deep in the Checkatrade, and btw, screw anyone who sneers at that competition, there were 80k at the Portsmouth Sunderland game. We have a great chance to enjoy a bit of success again.

Agree re the Checkatrade.

Early rounds will be awful but if we get to the semis I hope we fully jump on board.

Evans out

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:55 - Apr 4 with 2776 viewsSomethingBlue

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 16:49 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

Misanthropic. It's a chance to have some fun again!

I will tell you in two years' time whether I think anything good came of it but at the moment I can do little more than put up with it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Positives about playing in League 1 next season on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 2753 viewsDarth_Koont

A stepback and a chance to not take the Championship for granted next time.

Perhaps an even harder dose of reality if and when we realise there might not be a next time for a good few years. Like Portsmouth, Coventry and Sheff Utd before them.

The experience doesn't have to be depressing but I'd much prefer to be looking at a season in the Championship next year and not selling players to fill an even bigger hole.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2019 17:01]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024