Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob 21:43 - Apr 4 with 1512 viewsMullet

It's been a weird season, tacitly supporting Leeds, hoping Reading stay up, seeing us utterly dismantled and having fortune eat us ass first while we're still screaming like a we're a deer being mauled by bear, but I look at the fireworks and the hype this week around not White Hart Lane or whatever it is, and it seems such a sickening juxtaposition with our old enemy nearly going bang yesterday.

I've seen a few Bolton fans say their support has been overtaken by a bunch of dickhead young lads that just turn up to play the Fisher Price Green Street fantasy out and ruin games, and all while their previous owner is making ours look positively saintly.

Given they've won more games than us, it's not only baffling to feel they don't deserve this all but slightly concerning where they're heading. I wouldn't be surprised to see them end up another Charlton et al.

Meanwhile Spurs seem to be playing at some NFL themed Lakeside hybrid and it's being heralded as the eighth wonder of the world. All while they've had the run of Wembley whilst someone like Coventry are scratching around most of the season wondering if they'll have the Ricoh or not.

Has football been this sick for a long time and it's only just reached us at Ipswich? Or is there a sense of the bubble rapidly inflating this season?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:17 - Apr 4 with 1426 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Football will eat itself.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:17 - Apr 4 with 1424 viewsEly_Blue

God you don’t half talk a load of b0ll0x

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:18 - Apr 4 with 1425 viewsSuffolktractor

Football is in a strange place.
Who cares what Spurs new stadium is like? Or any ones really other than your own. As long as you can watch a game of Footie the surroundings are irrelevant.
Bolton, don’t like them never have, but it’s a bit rubbish if you are a fan to nearly lose your club, basically due to one idiot that shouldn’t be trying to run any business let alone one that ordinary people work in and many ordinary people put their heart and soul into.
Can you believe Wolves are spending 30 million on a striker? Heard they had spent I think 165 million in last 3 years, 2 of those were in the Championship!
I can see a day when the richest 6 clubs go off and play in their own little league and jet off to play games in USA and Dubai with their plastic fans and half and half scarves, deluding themselves they are some sort of Demi gods.
Let’s hope they do, then the rest of us can get on supporting our local team, watching our young players develop and getting back to how football should be.
Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:24 - Apr 4 with 1405 viewsolimar

My view is that this season has gone beyond parody.
Im going to be unsurprised by any further "things I dont want to happen" happening and just accept that they will all take place in this bubble of "worst ever".
Next season we can get back to normality again.
Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:32 - Apr 4 with 1378 viewsFtnfwest

Hold up hold up. You sneaked in the ‘hope reading stay up’ in a rather sneaky way. What’s all this secret love for the fake hoops about then?
Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 22:39 - Apr 4 with 1349 viewsSwansea_Blue

You just noticed the Premier League buh? If you’ve not been paying attention to it, things have changed massively since we were there. The difference between the haves and the have nots is MASSIVE now. Especially those in the top 4/5 - they’re on another planet. They’ll spend more on a squad player than ME has spent combined on players in 10 years.

It’s a bit like society in general.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Being a bit disgusted by Spurs' new bowl and sympathising with Notlob on 00:17 - Apr 5 with 1196 viewsgroovyASH

It's been a fecking awful season for Town fans. Football riches cater for the Premiership's elite, the rest of us be damned. Football went that way years ago, the more money flooding in per season the more impossible it gets for the rest of us and the more irrelevant and insignificant we become.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024