Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JRM acting like spoiled brat 10:12 - Apr 5 with 6952 viewsGlasgowBlue

Had he voted for the withdrawal agreement when it was first proposed then the UK would have exited the EU last week.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:17 - Apr 5 with 3387 viewsNo9

I'm sure I don't need to remind you of his second referendum tweet?

Spolied brat - what else would you really expect?
JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 3359 viewsgiant_stow

That's for EU head honcho consumption isn't it? Plays right into the crux of their fears of granting any extension.

Personally, I would have preferred something similar but without all the brexit nonsense. ie, no referendum but fight for what we wanted *in* the EU and by being difficult if necessary. Would have been much smarter.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:23 - Apr 5 with 3344 viewsNo9

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:20 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

That's for EU head honcho consumption isn't it? Plays right into the crux of their fears of granting any extension.

Personally, I would have preferred something similar but without all the brexit nonsense. ie, no referendum but fight for what we wanted *in* the EU and by being difficult if necessary. Would have been much smarter.

Don't you find it surprising that someone in a club never reads the rules?
JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:28 - Apr 5 with 3333 viewsgiant_stow

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:23 - Apr 5 by No9

Don't you find it surprising that someone in a club never reads the rules?

spose so fella

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:29 - Apr 5 with 3333 viewsMattinLondon

A very childish tweat. It’s my ball and I want it back.
JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:32 - Apr 5 with 3326 viewsSteve_M

It's more cynical than that isn't it? Trying to dissuade the EU, Macron particularly, from granting a long extension.

Still, better than retweeting the AfD approvingly I suppose.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:34 - Apr 5 with 3317 viewsGlasgowBlue

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:32 - Apr 5 by Steve_M

It's more cynical than that isn't it? Trying to dissuade the EU, Macron particularly, from granting a long extension.

Still, better than retweeting the AfD approvingly I suppose.

JRM’s stock has plummeted extremely quickly in the past 4 months.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:34 - Apr 5 with 3314 viewsgiant_stow

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:29 - Apr 5 by MattinLondon

A very childish tweat. It’s my ball and I want it back.

Wouldn't call it childish - he's pleading with the EU to not grant an extension.

So much for taking back control hey? Please mr european... please tell my sovereign govt they can't have what they want.

Such a c@nt, but not a childish one.

Login to get fewer ads

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:40 - Apr 5 with 3297 viewsDarth_Koont

But even before the EU referendum and Cameron's "negotiation" we had much of what we wanted if we'd actually used the EU framework rather than being bolshy and difficult about everything.

Unfortunately, our government has been playing to the right-wing media and the extremes of the party for so long that they've forgotten they do actually have control of our relationship with the EU and what goes on in this country. But it's just easier to avoid responsibility and blame everything on someone else.

Pronouns: He/Him

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:40 - Apr 5 with 3294 viewsDubtractor

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:34 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

Wouldn't call it childish - he's pleading with the EU to not grant an extension.

So much for taking back control hey? Please mr european... please tell my sovereign govt they can't have what they want.

Such a c@nt, but not a childish one.

I don't like to be too crass, but the bloke is a top arsehole, simple as that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:58 - Apr 5 with 3247 viewsgiant_stow

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:40 - Apr 5 by Darth_Koont

But even before the EU referendum and Cameron's "negotiation" we had much of what we wanted if we'd actually used the EU framework rather than being bolshy and difficult about everything.

Unfortunately, our government has been playing to the right-wing media and the extremes of the party for so long that they've forgotten they do actually have control of our relationship with the EU and what goes on in this country. But it's just easier to avoid responsibility and blame everything on someone else.

I agree on the whole - the current arrangement was more or less ideal. Cameron got stiffed when he asked for a few bones, but that was the moment to stay and be difficult. ie negotiate from a position of strength, not abject weakness.

It's so bleeding obvious that even a know nothing webby bod can see it - how did those bright knowledgeable govt types let it come to this?

Edit: thinking about it, Mogg is talking about the possible revocation of article 50 too, seeing as that has to meet the 'genuine change of heart, not a negotiating ploy' test of the european court.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 11:07]

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:00 - Apr 5 with 3241 viewsnrb1985

But he told us we had no power and the EU forces things upon us. Now he's saying we have the power to veto things?!

Who knew!
JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:01 - Apr 5 with 3233 viewsfooters

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:34 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

The ones that are now headquartered in Dublin?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:21 - Apr 5 with 3164 viewsSteve_M

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:34 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Oddly that's the same period he's had a higher media profile. I don't think the two are unrelated.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:23 - Apr 5 with 3150 viewsSteve_M

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:58 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

I agree on the whole - the current arrangement was more or less ideal. Cameron got stiffed when he asked for a few bones, but that was the moment to stay and be difficult. ie negotiate from a position of strength, not abject weakness.

It's so bleeding obvious that even a know nothing webby bod can see it - how did those bright knowledgeable govt types let it come to this?

Edit: thinking about it, Mogg is talking about the possible revocation of article 50 too, seeing as that has to meet the 'genuine change of heart, not a negotiating ploy' test of the european court.

Cameron didn't get stiffed though, he got an emergency break on in work benefits and an agreement that the UK could sit outside the language on 'ever closer union'. It wasn't enough for the zealots in the Tory party of course so he never tried to sell that to the British public.

AS we all know now, that lot are unappeasable.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:32 - Apr 5 with 3099 viewsDarth_Koont

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 10:58 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

But we were being difficult – and making things difficult on ourselves on top of that.

Just in the area of immigration, the UK pushed for Eastern Europe and the Balkan states to have full membership and access to the market, in fact Maggie was a chief proponent of that.

The Labour government allowed complete freedom of movement to those workers when other countries around Europe were imposing their own restrictions.

And then Cameron basically got the political concessions (because that's how the EU actually works). But not the retrospective migrant restrictions we ourselves botched because that now involved real people who were already in the UK and had been for several years helping build the economy.

But taking our own responsibility and the other concessions and compromises from the EU into account, the renegotiations were a positive for both sides. Unfortunately, the Tories had already let the referendum genie out of the bottle by then ...

What we're seeing is a country that consistently looks at only the short-term benefits and never wants to pay any of the costs. Brexit has at least seen a reappraisal of the EU and what the UK actually gets — and also an understanding of just how much we actually feck things up on our own.

Us being difficult is business as usual - like a stroppy teenager who we all hope will grow out of it eventually. But we're trapped in that role because of our politics, our media and a massive sense of unwarranted historical entitlement among far too many of the population.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:36 - Apr 5 with 3084 viewsSwansea_Blue

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:23 - Apr 5 by Steve_M

Cameron didn't get stiffed though, he got an emergency break on in work benefits and an agreement that the UK could sit outside the language on 'ever closer union'. It wasn't enough for the zealots in the Tory party of course so he never tried to sell that to the British public.

They're only effective when they are whinging. Their whole modus operandi is based on disruption and objection. As you say, that makes them unappeasable. Whatever they get they'll have to find something else to rail against.

And they seem to be objectionable tvvats in the main.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:41 - Apr 5 with 3063 viewsSwansea_Blue

It must be, as it makes absolutely no sense on it's own. If a long extension leaves us "stuck" in the EU, it will only because we have asked for the extension.

The bloke's an utter tool.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:41 - Apr 5 with 3058 viewsgiant_stow

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:23 - Apr 5 by Steve_M

Fair enough on the stiffing - I'm operating on (addled) memory, so might be remembering the brexiter reaction rather than reality.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:41 - Apr 5 with 3058 viewscaught-in-limbo

This of course is JRM and the conservative party playing more games.

This is what the government wants (as outlined by David Cameron in 2015/6):

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:42 - Apr 5 with 3047 viewsDarth_Koont

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:36 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

They're only effective when they are whinging. Their whole modus operandi is based on disruption and objection. As you say, that makes them unappeasable. Whatever they get they'll have to find something else to rail against.

And they seem to be objectionable tvvats in the main.

In other countries they'd be marginalised and have to promote themselves to others as coalition candidates.

But as the politically incorrect and ideological fundamentalists at the heart of a much bigger party they wield far too much power over a major party and the country as a whole. Just like the right-wing media that skews the debate to a ridiculously right of centre "middle ground".

Despite their bluster and populist soundbites, these people are never the solution and always the problem.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 11:44]

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:43 - Apr 5 with 3044 viewsgiant_stow

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:32 - Apr 5 by Darth_Koont

But we were being difficult – and making things difficult on ourselves on top of that.

Just in the area of immigration, the UK pushed for Eastern Europe and the Balkan states to have full membership and access to the market, in fact Maggie was a chief proponent of that.

The Labour government allowed complete freedom of movement to those workers when other countries around Europe were imposing their own restrictions.

And then Cameron basically got the political concessions (because that's how the EU actually works). But not the retrospective migrant restrictions we ourselves botched because that now involved real people who were already in the UK and had been for several years helping build the economy.

But taking our own responsibility and the other concessions and compromises from the EU into account, the renegotiations were a positive for both sides. Unfortunately, the Tories had already let the referendum genie out of the bottle by then ...

What we're seeing is a country that consistently looks at only the short-term benefits and never wants to pay any of the costs. Brexit has at least seen a reappraisal of the EU and what the UK actually gets — and also an understanding of just how much we actually feck things up on our own.

Us being difficult is business as usual - like a stroppy teenager who we all hope will grow out of it eventually. But we're trapped in that role because of our politics, our media and a massive sense of unwarranted historical entitlement among far too many of the population.

I guess now we're a stroppy teenager that's threatened to leave home and the bluff's been called.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:45 - Apr 5 with 3031 viewsDarth_Koont

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:43 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

I guess now we're a stroppy teenager that's threatened to leave home and the bluff's been called.

Haha. Exactly.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 3024 viewsSteve_M

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:41 - Apr 5 by giant_stow

Fair enough on the stiffing - I'm operating on (addled) memory, so might be remembering the brexiter reaction rather than reality.

I had forgotten, indeed probably didn't pay too much attention at the time, until I re-read it fairly recently.

JRM acting like spoiled brat on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 3009 viewsBloomBlue

He acts more and more like a remainer every day throwing toys out of the pram because of a defeat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024