Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never 13:11 - Apr 5 with 2476 viewsIllinoisblue

understood is, for example, in the case of Jack Lankester signing a new deal, if it's Jack who's got the agent working on his behalf, why are the club paying for that?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:17 - Apr 5 with 2433 viewsitfcjoe

Generally it's because otherwise the money becomes double taxed for income.

JL has to make the payment to the agent after he has paid his income tax, and then the agent has to pay tax on it.

If it was the other way the deal would need to be artificially inflated to take that into account

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:19 - Apr 5 with 2425 viewsGuthrum

Because the agent includes his cut in the overall fee. Thus it is, effectively, inflated by that much during negotiations.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:19 - Apr 5 with 2419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In any other business that's a conflict of interest.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:23 - Apr 5 with 2409 viewsRadlett_blue

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:19 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

In any other business that's a conflict of interest.

Dual representation was banned for a while in the UK, but those great moral guardians UEFA restored it. Apparently the Premier League are trying to ban it again, in order to stem the huge flow of money out of the game and into these leeches' pockets.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:25 - Apr 5 with 2397 viewsitfcjoe

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:23 - Apr 5 by Radlett_blue

Dual representation was banned for a while in the UK, but those great moral guardians UEFA restored it. Apparently the Premier League are trying to ban it again, in order to stem the huge flow of money out of the game and into these leeches' pockets.

That isn't dual representation though

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:35 - Apr 5 with 2346 viewsRadlett_blue

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:25 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

That isn't dual representation though

If it isn't, how can the club legally pay money to an agent who is also acting for the player?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:59 - Apr 5 with 2250 viewsitfcjoe

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:35 - Apr 5 by Radlett_blue

If it isn't, how can the club legally pay money to an agent who is also acting for the player?

Because the player isn't paying him any money?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:59 - Apr 5 with 2250 viewsAndrew4445

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 13:17 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Generally it's because otherwise the money becomes double taxed for income.

JL has to make the payment to the agent after he has paid his income tax, and then the agent has to pay tax on it.

If it was the other way the deal would need to be artificially inflated to take that into account

No, agent's fees would be a deductible expense for the players IT calculation so the only tax suffered would be by the agent themselves.
Login to get fewer ads

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 14:56 - Apr 5 with 2163 viewsuefacup81

What I don't understand is why we're paying agents' fees on loan signings...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 22:14 - Apr 5 with 1511 viewsPilgrimblue

the obscene amount of money paid to agents... one thing I've never on 14:56 - Apr 5 by uefacup81

What I don't understand is why we're paying agents' fees on loan signings...

years ago clubs had scouts and all they got was a wage plus commission.

Trouble with agents is that they aren't regulated and from HMRC it appears that some agents aren't paying tax.

The simple answer is to make Players responsible for their agents who get paid under agreed scale. At the moment its just a rip off with £ms going out of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024