Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year 13:36 - Apr 5 with 6481 viewsbontcho

Bart? - Chambo - Skuse - Judge - (A striker)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:38 - Apr 5 with 5195 viewsReuser_is_God

I can't see Skuse being a regular next season unless he come back & hits the ground running after a good rest.

He's been awful since he came back from his knee injury too quickly.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:38 - Apr 5 with 5189 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge.

That's it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 5167 viewsIpswichKnight

Bart won't be here.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:44 - Apr 5 with 5162 viewsReuser_is_God

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:42 - Apr 5 by IpswichKnight

Bart won't be here.

Yeah, clubs will be queuing up to sign him after his performances this season won't they?

Evans out

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:44 - Apr 5 with 5156 viewsKieran_Knows

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:44 - Apr 5 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, clubs will be queuing up to sign him after his performances this season won't they?

Probably need to get his wages off the bill to fund Judge!

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:45 - Apr 5 with 5148 viewsReuser_is_God

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:44 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

Probably need to get his wages off the bill to fund Judge!

He'll have a relegation clause.

I genuinely can't see anyone coming in for him so for me he'll be a number 1 next season.

Evans out

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:55 - Apr 5 with 5118 viewsIpswichKnight

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:45 - Apr 5 by Reuser_is_God

I genuinely can't see anyone coming in for him so for me he'll be a number 1 next season.

I think he will move to Germany or Poland, we want to play from the back, Bart though a good shot stopper is not that type of keeper. I strongly suspect we will see Harry Wright in goal for the start of next season.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 5071 viewsGarv

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:55 - Apr 5 by IpswichKnight

I think he will move to Germany or Poland, we want to play from the back, Bart though a good shot stopper is not that type of keeper. I strongly suspect we will see Harry Wright in goal for the start of next season.

Is he good enough?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 14:46 - Apr 5 with 5039 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:45 - Apr 5 by Reuser_is_God

He's also said he can see his family settling here after his playing days, so I don't think he would take a move away lightly.

As you suggest, a lot depends on the relegation clause.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 14:50 - Apr 5 with 5035 viewschristiand

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:55 - Apr 5 by IpswichKnight

I'll be amazed if Harry Wright starts next season, not sure he's ready just yet. Although He might be our best option regarding using his feet and playing from the back, goalkeeping has a range of different facets, which I'm not convinced Wright has in his game at the moment. I hope Bart does stay personally.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 4995 viewsBiGDonnie

I lose count the amount of down votes I've given TWTDers for putting Skuse in their teams.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:35 - Apr 5 with 4946 viewsbraveblue

Bart and Judge yes.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:39 - Apr 5 with 4931 viewsusm

Cant see Bart being here, unfortunately.

I suspect his relegated wage will still be high and I expect we will get an offer or two for him, one of which we will take.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 4888 viewsitfcjoe

Have you seen much of him then?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 4889 viewsbontcho

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:38 - Apr 5 by Reuser_is_God

I can't see Skuse being a regular next season unless he come back & hits the ground running after a good rest.

I hope and expect after a summer’s rest we’ll see the Skuse that played in the first few Lambert games. I doubt he’ll play 46 games, I don’t see him playing Sat/Tues/Sat but bet he’ll be there in the major ones.

Bulgarian penalty hero

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:08 - Apr 5 with 4828 viewsOsborneOneNil

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:48 - Apr 5 by bontcho

I hope and expect after a summer’s rest we’ll see the Skuse that played in the first few Lambert games. I doubt he’ll play 46 games, I don’t see him playing Sat/Tues/Sat but bet he’ll be there in the major ones.

I hope we sign someone better.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:34 - Apr 5 with 4724 viewsSteve_M

On the quiet he's playing ok again at the moment. Not exceptional form by any means but looking a lot more comfortable than earlier in the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:36 - Apr 5 with 4714 viewsPJH

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:34 - Apr 5 by Steve_M

On the quiet he's playing ok again at the moment. Not exceptional form by any means but looking a lot more comfortable than earlier in the season.

Yes, Bart has been a lot closer to his form of the previous two and a half seasons in most of the recent games, probably for the only time this season.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:43 - Apr 5 with 4678 viewsbontcho

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:39 - Apr 5 by usm

Cant see Bart being here, unfortunately.

I suspect his relegated wage will still be high and I expect we will get an offer or two for him, one of which we will take.

The strange thing about Bart is I kinda think it’s down to him - I bet we’ll get bids around his release fee but I’m not convinced he’ll want to go. Perhaps somewhere not too far away might work for him, but even Forest are, what, 3 hours away. I think being a Prem reserve is unlikely now as there was talk of Palace and West Spam.

Bulgarian penalty hero

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 4639 viewsclive_baker

I understand Skuse has been told he's free to find another club, although I'm not sure why that's not been announced yet unless I missed it? With Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan I can see why, especially given that he likely commands a decent salary. Not to mention Huws who might or might not make a comeback and young Nydam who really needs to kick on next season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:53 - Apr 5 with 4626 viewsKieran_Knows

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:52 - Apr 5 by clive_baker

I understand Skuse has been told he's free to find another club, although I'm not sure why that's not been announced yet unless I missed it? With Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Nolan I can see why, especially given that he likely commands a decent salary. Not to mention Huws who might or might not make a comeback and young Nydam who really needs to kick on next season.

I'd be very surprised, given how PL has always spoke about him in glowing terms and how the club should do what they can to have people like Skuse and Chambers staying on after they've finished playing .... however I can also see it from the point that we are very stacked in central midfield. Interesting.

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 17:00 - Apr 5 with 4597 viewsclive_baker

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 16:53 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

I'd be very surprised, given how PL has always spoke about him in glowing terms and how the club should do what they can to have people like Skuse and Chambers staying on after they've finished playing .... however I can also see it from the point that we are very stacked in central midfield. Interesting.

Just what I've been told. It might not be a reflection on Skuse or Lambert's opinion of him, more a reality of the budget for next season. E.g. if it's an either / or between Skuse and Judge, I know where I would invest the budget, especially given the quality we have in central midfield. I was surprised myself because in that defensive / combative midfield role Trevoh isn't ours and he's hardly seen Downes there. Bishop / Nydam / Nolan / Dozzell are very different players.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 17:05 - Apr 5 with 4567 viewsjas0999

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 13:38 - Apr 5 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed. He may also be a player we look to off load considering his high wages.
So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 17:45 - Apr 5 with 4415 viewsBlueBadger

So the experienced spine around which our kids will play next year on 15:48 - Apr 5 by bontcho

I personally expect him to be slowly phased out in favour of Downes through next season. I expected it this season but we employed an incompetent midget who relegated us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Not Skuse, please on 17:53 - Apr 5 with 4384 viewsScottCandage

1. Salary
2. We have too many youngsters in midfield, and it looks like PL wants to play them.
3. And most importantly, I think PL wants to implement a style of play that Skuse isn't strongest at. He is defense primarily, and we all know it. He's GREAT at it, but that's not style PL wants to play.
4. Nydam and Downes can play that position and give us better balance than Skuse there, as their games are not as focused on defending as Skuse's is.
5. Think of how we sparkle with Chalobah in there and how turgid we look with Skuse. Yeah, we need to purge that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024