Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IT Failure? 16:56 - Apr 5 with 3819 viewsITFC_Forever

Rubbish.

Don't believe it for a minute. Anderson / Bassini up to their necks in it and I bet the IT story is just an excuse.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

IT Failure? on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 3519 viewsIllinoisblue

Deemed "fit and proper" to run a football club, don't forget.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

IT Failure? on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 3519 viewsMJallday

remind me , what IT was needed when England Beat West Germany in the World Cup final at Wembley in 1966?
or perhaps Hereford Uniteds famous FA cup win in 1972 against Arsenal?

None?

oh ok... well perhaps we can just, you know, get 22 odd chaps around and kick a ball then instead of relying on a F****G PC~

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

IT Failure? on 17:41 - Apr 5 with 3396 viewsMuncher

IT Failure? on 17:09 - Apr 5 by MJallday

remind me , what IT was needed when England Beat West Germany in the World Cup final at Wembley in 1966?

None?

oh ok... well perhaps we can just, you know, get 22 odd chaps around and kick a ball then instead of relying on a F****G PC~

It will be a bit of software that they haven’t paid the licence fee for, which the suppliers have disabled. On the eve of a game is the perfect time to squeeze them to pay. That said, not having to play the game will no doubt ease their cash flow, so they’re not too bothered by it either.
IT Failure? on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 3381 viewsuefacup81

IT Failure? on 17:41 - Apr 5 by Muncher

It will be a bit of software that they haven’t paid the licence fee for, which the suppliers have disabled. On the eve of a game is the perfect time to squeeze them to pay. That said, not having to play the game will no doubt ease their cash flow, so they’re not too bothered by it either.

That said, I dare say that a large proportion of the 1,300 Town fans who would be going tomorrow wouldn't be able to make it to a rearranged fixture, so they'll end up worse off once the various refunds have been issued.

I got the feeling Anderson was up to something when the decision was announced that the match was all ticket. Means that Bolton end up with the cash regardless of whether the match goes ahead, and the onus is on the fans to claim a refund.

Likewise, I've no doubt that the 'legal reasons' that prevented the players and staff being paid until yesterday was the fact that Anderson wouldn't have had to pay them had the club been wound up, and he'd have saved at least £50k.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 17:48]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

IT Failure? on 17:49 - Apr 5 with 3357 viewsMuncher

IT Failure? on 17:44 - Apr 5 by uefacup81

That said, I dare say that a large proportion of the 1,300 Town fans who would be going tomorrow wouldn't be able to make it to a rearranged fixture, so they'll end up worse off once the various refunds have been issued.

I got the feeling Anderson was up to something when the decision was announced that the match was all ticket. Means that Bolton end up with the cash regardless of whether the match goes ahead, and the onus is on the fans to claim a refund.

Likewise, I've no doubt that the 'legal reasons' that prevented the players and staff being paid until yesterday was the fact that Anderson wouldn't have had to pay them had the club been wound up, and he'd have saved at least £50k.

That’s the new owner’s problem, not the current one’s...
IT Failure? on 18:19 - Apr 5 with 3298 viewsPhilTWTD

Perhaps surprisingly this does seem to be genuine. Club had known about it for a few hours before Bolton made their announcement. They've been working to rectify the issue for much of the day but not made much progress apparently.
IT Failure? on 18:23 - Apr 5 with 3256 viewsgtsb

IT Failure? on 18:19 - Apr 5 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps surprisingly this does seem to be genuine. Club had known about it for a few hours before Bolton made their announcement. They've been working to rectify the issue for much of the day but not made much progress apparently.

Never happened before , club are in dire straits financially and let's be honest tomorrow's result means nothing. We are both going down. I just can't believe it.
IT Failure? on 18:24 - Apr 5 with 3246 viewsSuffolktractor

So for the first time ever a football match may be cancelled due to an ‘IT failure’, and by coincidence the club involved is up to its neck in debt, can’t pay its staff and would find it a lot easier not to play the game at all.
An utter disgrace and Bolton should be docked points, thenTown fans re-imburssed including cost of train tickets etc. And this Anderson fraud should be run out of town by the Bolton fans.
Login to get fewer ads

IT Failure? on 18:27 - Apr 5 with 3229 viewsPhilTWTD

IT Failure? on 18:23 - Apr 5 by gtsb

Never happened before , club are in dire straits financially and let's be honest tomorrow's result means nothing. We are both going down. I just can't believe it.

You do wonder whether poor maintenance/corner-cutting/companies not wanting to carry out work as they might not get paid might be playing some role.
IT Failure? on 18:29 - Apr 5 with 3210 viewsJ2BLUE

IT Failure? on 17:41 - Apr 5 by Muncher

Why would they do £5 tickets unless they are desperate for as much cash as possible?

The game would still need to be played at some point. I can't see the advantage in the situation for them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

IT Failure? on 18:31 - Apr 5 with 3197 viewsfactual_blue

Have you sent Gav up to Bolton in the TWTD helicopter?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

IT Failure? on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 3182 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can’t you lend them Gav for the night?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

IT Failure? on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 3177 viewsPhilTWTD

IT Failure? on 18:34 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Can’t you lend them Gav for the night?

They wouldn't be able to afford him.
IT Failure? on 18:36 - Apr 5 with 3165 viewsgtsb

IT Failure? on 18:27 - Apr 5 by PhilTWTD

You do wonder whether poor maintenance/corner-cutting/companies not wanting to carry out work as they might not get paid might be playing some role.

It's just such a bizarre reason to call a game off it must be financial sadly.
IT Failure? on 18:36 - Apr 5 with 3162 viewsGlasgowBlue

IT Failure? on 18:34 - Apr 5 by PhilTWTD

They wouldn't be able to afford him.

Did he negotiate an increase in Hobnobs then?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

IT Failure? on 18:37 - Apr 5 with 3160 viewsfactual_blue

IT Failure? on 17:09 - Apr 5 by MJallday

None?

Fortunately we didn't have VAR at Wembley in 1966. Instead we had an Azerbaijani linesman. He was supposedly asked on his deathbed why he'd given the goal, and answered 'Stalingrad'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

IT Failure? on 18:39 - Apr 5 with 3140 viewsJimmyJazz

IT Failure? on 18:29 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Why would they do £5 tickets unless they are desperate for as much cash as possible?

The game would still need to be played at some point. I can't see the advantage in the situation for them.

Players didn't train for a couple of days, they need to win if they are to have any chance of staying up. Might be better put the game back to a date when they are better prepared?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

IT Failure? on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 3107 viewsbackwaywhen

Apart from reporting the game , why would IT stop a game going ahead Phil , simply man the gates and let supporters in .... surely !.
IT Failure? on 18:47 - Apr 5 with 3092 viewsTrequartista

Why would it postpone the game? Is it being played on Football Manager?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

IT Failure? on 18:52 - Apr 5 with 3064 viewshector_clifford

I bet this bloke could sort it all by himself

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

IT Failure? on 18:54 - Apr 5 with 3044 viewsEireannach_gorm

Seems the hamster didn't get paid.

IT Failure? on 19:13 - Apr 5 with 2965 viewsPhilTWTD

IT Failure? on 18:46 - Apr 5 by backwaywhen

Apart from reporting the game , why would IT stop a game going ahead Phil , simply man the gates and let supporters in .... surely !.

I assume the safety certificate is based on the turnstiles - and other stuff run by the IT system - working properly. I'd imagine they'd struggle to find and train the additional person power in time for the game!
IT Failure? on 19:42 - Apr 5 with 2841 viewsITFC_Forever

IT Failure? on 17:44 - Apr 5 by uefacup81

I think it’s probably been made all-ticket as they’re expecting a large crowd thanks to the £5 price.... seen to remember reading on twitter it’s their Community Day.

Not sure the Bolton fans are particularly community-minded towards Anderson though.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

IT Failure? on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 2796 viewslinhdi

IT Failure? on 19:13 - Apr 5 by PhilTWTD

I assume the safety certificate is based on the turnstiles - and other stuff run by the IT system - working properly. I'd imagine they'd struggle to find and train the additional person power in time for the game!

IT also would include the emergency evacuation alarms and announcements, and likely triggers of any fire suppressants within bars, kitchens, suites etc.

Sabotage by a disgruntled, unpaid employee?
IT Failure? on 19:56 - Apr 5 with 2742 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fishy

Ken Anderson

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024