Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they 12:46 - Apr 6 with 18657 viewsN2_Blue

Got to say they've had an amazing season when you see where they were last season.
Not even a glimpse of a wobble at the business end. Fair play to them.....sigh

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:52 - Apr 6 with 6861 viewsFtnfwest

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 by N2_Blue

Envious indeed.

My scum supporting friends admit this season is the one they will enjoy most....as they expect to get mullered next year. The fun part is actually getting to the premier league rather than actually playing in for majority of clubs these days.

This is true even if you manage to survive a few years in the prem. my palace supporting mate who does go to most games home and away is ‘bored stiff’ with it
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:59 - Apr 6 with 6823 viewsfactual_blue

Nah - they're only 14th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division North. A very mixed season.

I assume you're talking about norfolk's finest - Diss Town?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 6799 viewsSwansea_Blue

Credit to the owners/board, to see something in Farke and buy into his project. That judgement is ultimately what it boils down to (whether lucky or informed, we seem to lack it).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:29 - Apr 6 with 6725 viewsstrikalite

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:07 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Credit to the owners/board, to see something in Farke and buy into his project. That judgement is ultimately what it boils down to (whether lucky or informed, we seem to lack it).

Agree, pains me to say it but this Farke bloke has them playing some cracking one and two touch stuff that could easily see them survive in the Prem, not one of the Norwich players panics in possession, not bloody one of them, because they all have such a great touch, there is no luck in that recruitment in that respect..

Bloody envious, but lets be honest, even when they came to PR they were good on the ball and didn't panic from the back as we do/have..
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:37 - Apr 6 with 6668 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes, painful to say it, but they're looking so good, and the club is being run exceptionally well too.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:47 - Apr 6 with 6647 viewstextbackup

How i wish I’d bookmarked the posts of all our resident footballing experts on here when they spent last season saying ‘if they don’t go up this year they are done for’ ‘we’ll be on a level playing field’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 6617 viewsitfcjoe

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:47 - Apr 6 by textbackup

How i wish I’d bookmarked the posts of all our resident footballing experts on here when they spent last season saying ‘if they don’t go up this year they are done for’ ‘we’ll be on a level playing field’

The worst thing is we should be, but even worse we looked like we were when we played them in Portman Road.

That game looked like a battle of 2 bottom 8 teams who would be fighting to avoid the drop.

An illustration of what happens if the Chief Exec/Owner appoints a proper football man to run the club off the pitch rather than does it on a part time basis himself.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 16:40 - Apr 6 with 6354 viewstextbackup

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:54 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

The worst thing is we should be, but even worse we looked like we were when we played them in Portman Road.

That game looked like a battle of 2 bottom 8 teams who would be fighting to avoid the drop.

An illustration of what happens if the Chief Exec/Owner appoints a proper football man to run the club off the pitch rather than does it on a part time basis himself.

Yep, they’ve consistently looked to better themselves and been proactive, whilst we sat with fingers up arse accepting mediocrity

Login to get fewer ads

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 16:53 - Apr 6 with 6329 viewsFreddy

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 14:29 - Apr 6 by strikalite

Agree, pains me to say it but this Farke bloke has them playing some cracking one and two touch stuff that could easily see them survive in the Prem, not one of the Norwich players panics in possession, not bloody one of them, because they all have such a great touch, there is no luck in that recruitment in that respect..

Bloody envious, but lets be honest, even when they came to PR they were good on the ball and didn't panic from the back as we do/have..

Plus they haven't spent much cash, their back 4 cost nothing and Pukki was free too
Can only be envious of the football they are playing & results they've achieved
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 17:07 - Apr 6 with 6296 viewsdaisyisabaddog

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:54 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

Leading all the parachute teams with a mixture of youths and cheap mid-table bundesliga imports. Could have been us with the right manager.

Their parachute payments ended at the end of last season. The team they are putting out at the moment cost next to nothing. The most expensive player starting today's game cost £1.5m and most of them were free. Quite simply they are a very well run club and we're not.
No they’re rubbish and it’s a rubbish league... remember (n/t) on 17:08 - Apr 6 with 6287 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No they’re rubbish and it’s a rubbish league... remember (n/t) on 17:49 - Apr 6 with 6178 viewstextbackup

No they’re rubbish and it’s a rubbish league... remember (n/t) on 17:08 - Apr 6 by unstableblue

Imagine actually thinking that

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 17:51 - Apr 6 with 6168 viewsHerbivore

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:51 - Apr 6 by TheBoyBlue

Not that I can claim to be an expert on Norwich, but this is the best team I ever recall them having. If they don't achieve something (by which I mean winning trophies, getting into Europe, etc, rather than just making up the numbers, which seems to be their general definition of success) before they come back down then I don't know when they ever will.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 20:27]

I don't think it's even their best side of the last decade. They'll be coming back down again in a year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 18:01 - Apr 6 with 6138 viewsm14_blue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:51 - Apr 6 by TheBoyBlue

Not that I can claim to be an expert on Norwich, but this is the best team I ever recall them having. If they don't achieve something (by which I mean winning trophies, getting into Europe, etc, rather than just making up the numbers, which seems to be their general definition of success) before they come back down then I don't know when they ever will.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 20:27]

They’ve had an absolutely fantastic season but you’ve got to be taking the p1ss?

They’ll most likely be a Huddersfield next season, best case scenario a Burnley.

They don’t have anything like the quality or the resources to do anything other than desperately scrap for survival
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 18:02 - Apr 6 with 6134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:53 - Apr 6 by SE1blue

And even at the beginning of the season they weren’t that good.

When we played them at PR you’d never have thought they’d be going up.

It’s been a huge turn around.

How many players have they used this season?

It seems we have had an endless number of generally long term injuries while they haven't had a player out at all. I wonder if they will miss Buendia with his suspension but they have enough of a cushion they can afford to. If they had lost Pukki, Buendia and another key performer for a significant chunk of the season they would not be where they are. They are playing great football and making the most of the fact they can have a settled side, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:05 - Apr 6 with 5956 viewsHARRY10

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 18:01 - Apr 6 by m14_blue

They’ve had an absolutely fantastic season but you’ve got to be taking the p1ss?

They’ll most likely be a Huddersfield next season, best case scenario a Burnley.

They don’t have anything like the quality or the resources to do anything other than desperately scrap for survival

It's not like they will get around £100m plus is it ?

If this is what they can achieve on next to nothing imagine what that kind of money could do for them ?

i watched them for the first time for a while, and to be honest they ripped QPR apart in the first half. I checked and the back four are three youth products and some L4 chap from Germany (free). They've got the league's top scorer and the rest cost beggar all it seems.

They get £100m plus and we lose £7m - both TV money. But it's all relative. If lambert can find more like Judge for next to nothing and lose as much deadwood as possible I can see us making a good fist of it next season. But no baggage. No players like Spence, and no one signed who is injury prone either.

And I didn't bother with the 2nd half, there's only so much you can take.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:08 - Apr 6 with 5947 viewstextbackup

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 17:51 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

I don't think it's even their best side of the last decade. They'll be coming back down again in a year.

bookmarked

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:11 - Apr 6 with 5942 viewsHerbivore

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:08 - Apr 6 by textbackup

bookmarked

Good. They really aren't all that. They're on a great run but they're not as good as Fulham were last season imo and they've been shown up in the Prem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:28 - Apr 6 with 5900 viewsm14_blue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:05 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

It's not like they will get around £100m plus is it ?

If this is what they can achieve on next to nothing imagine what that kind of money could do for them ?

i watched them for the first time for a while, and to be honest they ripped QPR apart in the first half. I checked and the back four are three youth products and some L4 chap from Germany (free). They've got the league's top scorer and the rest cost beggar all it seems.

They get £100m plus and we lose £7m - both TV money. But it's all relative. If lambert can find more like Judge for next to nothing and lose as much deadwood as possible I can see us making a good fist of it next season. But no baggage. No players like Spence, and no one signed who is injury prone either.

And I didn't bother with the 2nd half, there's only so much you can take.

Yes, and so will every other team in the league.

I think you've entirely missed my point. I'm not denying that they're a good championship team, they clearly are, and I'm certainly not making any comparisons with Town.

I'm taking issue with the idea that this Norwich team should be winning trophies or getting into Europe, which is just batsh1t crazy.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:29 - Apr 6 with 5900 viewsHARRY10

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:11 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Good. They really aren't all that. They're on a great run but they're not as good as Fulham were last season imo and they've been shown up in the Prem.

I can't see how a different team and squad with a different coaches and manager can be any comparison to now. And they get £100m plus.

I think it's going to be a case of wait and see for both of us.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:33 - Apr 6 with 5890 viewsTheBoyBlue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 18:01 - Apr 6 by m14_blue

Only my opinion, but the movement, the one-touch-two-touch stuff, the finishing, the complete comfort on the ball. It's the best I can recall them having.

I think they'll fit in nicely into the PL next season. Momentum will get them a lot of points early on and I can see them being a bit like Bournemouth, being very comfortable up there. And if they take the cup competitions more seriously than teams like Bournemouth then they stand a good chance of winning a trophy.

If I were a Norwich supporter and in 10 years time I looked back and they had 'achieved' from this team and manager was just simply being there as has been the case with their recent spells, then I would be mightily disappointed.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:52 - Apr 6 with 5842 viewsjas0999

Invested in a solid championship wage budget. We didn’t.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:13 - Apr 6 with 5801 viewsTheBoyBlue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:28 - Apr 6 by m14_blue

Yes, and so will every other team in the league.

I think you've entirely missed my point. I'm not denying that they're a good championship team, they clearly are, and I'm certainly not making any comparisons with Town.

I'm taking issue with the idea that this Norwich team should be winning trophies or getting into Europe, which is just batsh1t crazy.

I think that at the very least they'll be similar to Bournemouth. But if they take the cup competitions seriously then yes, they stand a good chance of winning trophies. And considering that just about anyone in the PL these days can get into Europe, then yes, Europe too.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:26 - Apr 6 with 5762 viewsm14_blue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:33 - Apr 6 by TheBoyBlue

Only my opinion, but the movement, the one-touch-two-touch stuff, the finishing, the complete comfort on the ball. It's the best I can recall them having.

I think they'll fit in nicely into the PL next season. Momentum will get them a lot of points early on and I can see them being a bit like Bournemouth, being very comfortable up there. And if they take the cup competitions more seriously than teams like Bournemouth then they stand a good chance of winning a trophy.

If I were a Norwich supporter and in 10 years time I looked back and they had 'achieved' from this team and manager was just simply being there as has been the case with their recent spells, then I would be mightily disappointed.

Fair enough.

I guess we’ll see next season.

I would be absolutely amazed if they are top half and if more than 3 or 4 of this team adapt well to life in the prem but I am frequently wrong.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:41 - Apr 6 with 5723 viewsSuperblue95

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:13 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

Unless you're willing to spend £30 million on one player a la Wolves. It is not surprising by now but it is still crazy to think that we still hold the record for top finish in a first season after promotion to the Premier League, Wolves will finish 2 places below our record and look how much they need to spend to get there. Puts Finidi George into perspective.

We don’t hold that record do we? I thought Forest finished third on one of the early Prem years the season after being promoted?

Maybe I’m totally imagining that

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024