Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they 12:46 - Apr 6 with 18646 viewsN2_Blue

Got to say they've had an amazing season when you see where they were last season.
Not even a glimpse of a wobble at the business end. Fair play to them.....sigh

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:45 - Apr 6 with 2733 viewsTheBoyBlue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:26 - Apr 6 by m14_blue

Fair enough.

I guess we’ll see next season.

I would be absolutely amazed if they are top half and if more than 3 or 4 of this team adapt well to life in the prem but I am frequently wrong.

I'm not necessarily saying that it'll all happen next season, but I think they are in it for the long haul. One day it'll all end and if I were a Norwich fan I would be disappointed if they didn't have anything to show for it. This is their best chance in the last two or three decades to actually win some silverware.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 22:09 - Apr 6 with 2684 viewsHARRY10

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 21:45 - Apr 6 by TheBoyBlue

I'm not necessarily saying that it'll all happen next season, but I think they are in it for the long haul. One day it'll all end and if I were a Norwich fan I would be disappointed if they didn't have anything to show for it. This is their best chance in the last two or three decades to actually win some silverware.

As it stands I can't see any club out of the top six winning anything any more.

Yes, it is great to get promoted and maybe the first season is all novel and new, but that soon settles don to a hard slog just to stay out of the bottom three.

For all the money that is paid ot most of it just goes out of the door again in exorbitant wages, agents fees and transfers. And all too often the players have little or no commitment as they know they can easily go elsewhere for similar money.

Folk take about parachte payments, but all too often all they do is pay the ridiculous wages of the same players who got you relegated and you can't move on.

We have a chance of promotion and even the title next season. A day at Wembley in the play off final - but the budgies do not have that chance in the PL. Their title is 17th place or above. Watching players who earn more in a few days than most of them will all year.

It grates to see what they have achieved this season, but it does mean there's hope for us all. And as they will tell you fighting for promotion is far more fun than fighting against relegation.

In that light I think I know who will be having the greater fun next season.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 22:51 - Apr 6 with 2618 viewsGodzilla

It’s a good idea to switch off from giving a second thought to them for a season or two. They are much better than us now, but these things change - we aren’t them or nor do we want to be, so best to concentrate on our club’s future, I’m happy supporting my home town club and so very proud of it up or down.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 23:32 - Apr 6 with 2560 viewsTheBoyBlue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 22:09 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

As it stands I can't see any club out of the top six winning anything any more.

Yes, it is great to get promoted and maybe the first season is all novel and new, but that soon settles don to a hard slog just to stay out of the bottom three.

For all the money that is paid ot most of it just goes out of the door again in exorbitant wages, agents fees and transfers. And all too often the players have little or no commitment as they know they can easily go elsewhere for similar money.

Folk take about parachte payments, but all too often all they do is pay the ridiculous wages of the same players who got you relegated and you can't move on.

We have a chance of promotion and even the title next season. A day at Wembley in the play off final - but the budgies do not have that chance in the PL. Their title is 17th place or above. Watching players who earn more in a few days than most of them will all year.

It grates to see what they have achieved this season, but it does mean there's hope for us all. And as they will tell you fighting for promotion is far more fun than fighting against relegation.

In that light I think I know who will be having the greater fun next season.

I don't deny much of that. But there are still opportunities for clubs of our size to win silverware. Leicester's title win aside (which was a real anomaly), plenty of others in recent years have shown that Europe, cup finals and trophies are possible. Fulham, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Hull, Southampton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Bolton and Swansea for example. Even this season, Brighton and Watford. I don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine a well-run club like Norwich to do the same in the next few years. Indeed, if we got things right here it isn't inconceivable.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 23:34 - Apr 6 with 2556 viewsFramfarmer

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 22:51 - Apr 6 by Godzilla

It’s a good idea to switch off from giving a second thought to them for a season or two. They are much better than us now, but these things change - we aren’t them or nor do we want to be, so best to concentrate on our club’s future, I’m happy supporting my home town club and so very proud of it up or down.

yes indeed, we're soon to shed that label as the club with the longest spell in the championship division, can re-boot and come back winning like Southampton and the budgies did from league one. Hopefully it won't be another 17 seasons before we're in a division above Norwich, but in meantime, there's absolutely no point watching what they get up to, (although we can perhaps dream of gloating if Man Utd put 9+ goals past them.)
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 23:48 - Apr 6 with 2536 viewsBent_double

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 22:51 - Apr 6 by Godzilla

Here here!

I'm hoping that after our 30th win of the season next year I'll take a quick look at MoTD for the first time and see that they have been relegated from the PL after a terrible season, be on their 4th manager and have players fighting amongst themselves on the pitch.

I'm also hoping to win £100m on the lottery....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 02:04 - Apr 7 with 2475 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Pains to say it but concur they've had a very good year and should win the league. Get a good crowd at Carrow Road more often than not and usually sell out. Got an owner / chairperson also with a real interest in the team and club affairs who will go that extra mile to aid the team and build relations. And then look at our own representative..

They'll always be something of an insignificant club team with an honors list you could write on the back of a mailing stamp, but once again credit where's its' due. Got a feeling we'll be meeting up again to renew hostilities in the same league before any great time ahead.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 05:18 - Apr 7 with 2439 viewsBenters2

Indeed they certainly know their onions.
Login to get fewer ads

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 07:36 - Apr 7 with 2398 viewsdaisyisabaddog

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:26 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

Our two situations are completely incomparable. Just because the money has run out this year, they still got it for 3 years and that shows in their squad over the past few seasons including this - plus have been in the PL multiple times recently.

Nonsense. They were only in the Premier league for one year so they had two years parachute payments which ended in June 2018. They funded the subsequent hole in their finances this year by setting one player for £25m.

I've no idea how good they are but the table doesn't lie. I really don't buy into the idea that the Championship became a bad league overnight. It seems about the same to me with the exception of us obviously
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 07:55 - Apr 7 with 2375 viewsboysof1981

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:58 - Apr 6 by uefacup81

Could have been very different had they not got the draw at PR - received wisdom is that a defeat would have been curtains for Farke.

Can’t deny they’re looking very good at the moment, but QPR are equally as poor.

I have the misfortune to work with several of their fans and after the draw with us, almost everyone of them wanted Farke out. Even before this season started a couple of them didn’t renew their season tickets.
Watching them against us they wasn’t a lot between us that game, it’s baffling how they’ve gone on such a run.
Without doubt this has to be the lowest ebb being a town fan for a very long time, just hope we can win L1 next season and they get pummelled every game with icing on the cake seeing Man City beating them 10-0.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 07:54 - Sep 15 with 1721 viewstextbackup

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 20:11 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Good. They really aren't all that. They're on a great run but they're not as good as Fulham were last season imo and they've been shown up in the Prem.

early season check in on this post.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 08:00 - Sep 15 with 1709 viewsHerbivore

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 07:54 - Sep 15 by textbackup

early season check in on this post.

Come back to me in May.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 09:42 - Sep 15 with 1500 viewstextbackup

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 08:00 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Come back to me in May.

lol, ok

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024