Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City.....Open for debate 15:43 - Apr 6 with 7611 viewscarlisleaway

Are the Budgies good or are all the clubs below them very poor.
Leeds, WBA, Derby, Mboro all throwing it away.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 15:48 - Apr 6 with 6034 viewsTheBoyBlue

Bit of both I reckon. This is the best Norwich team I can ever remember. Comfortable on the ball, quick-thinking, exciting to watch. I'm actually pleased for my Norwich-supporting mates who only have the same hopes and dreams for their team as we do for ours. They fully deserve to be up there.

But my goodness, they haven't half been lucky with other teams around them bottling it. Leeds at it again I see.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 16:03 - Apr 6 with 5909 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’re good. Next?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:04 - Apr 6 with 5796 viewsHerbivore

They look good. That said I think the Championship is bang average this year, which makes it all the more disappointing that we've been easily the worst side in it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:07 - Apr 6 with 5774 viewsunstableblue

They’re good.

They have stuck with a passing manager, with a clear system and approach, fans got impatient, but board stuck with him.

They have a striker who can feed off the service.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:11 - Apr 6 with 5736 viewsbournemouthblue

Much as I hate to say it, they are obviously quite good

They seem to have their house in order with their academy which hasn't always been the case in the past

I don't think it is the strongest Championship season we have seen but you can only beat what is in front of you

The fact we have been relegated with a particularly poor bottom four shows just how bad we have really been

We really need to show more ambition in League One or we will be there a while

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:58 - Apr 6 with 5563 viewsTractorWood

They made QPR look like a pub side. Was pretty grim viewing. I think they'll get eaten alive in the Prem though as they'll try and play football.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:02 - Apr 6 with 5543 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:04 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

They look good. That said I think the Championship is bang average this year, which makes it all the more disappointing that we've been easily the worst side in it.

I'd probably take the opposite view on the champ. I'm not sure it has ever been stronger. It's a very competitive league and you see in cup games and when teams come up now they compete. Conversely when big teams come down they rarely dominate anymore. There have been individually better teams in it before e.g. Wolves last year but the overall quality is good. We are bottom and we're not awful, just toothless for the most part.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:04 - Apr 6 with 5539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They look very good but didn't look anything special for the first month or so of the season. A lot is due to them being able to put out the same team week on week.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:09 - Apr 6 with 5521 viewsHerbivore

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:02 - Apr 6 by Terry_Nutkins

I'd probably take the opposite view on the champ. I'm not sure it has ever been stronger. It's a very competitive league and you see in cup games and when teams come up now they compete. Conversely when big teams come down they rarely dominate anymore. There have been individually better teams in it before e.g. Wolves last year but the overall quality is good. We are bottom and we're not awful, just toothless for the most part.

Completely disagree. I've seen very little quality at PR this season, nothing a patch on the likes of Wolves and Fulham from last season. The sides in that botton 4 or 5 with us are also totally abject. Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United have pushed on and dominated the top 3 having all been pretty average midtable sides last season. The three that came down haven't been great and the three that came up weren't great either. None of last season's top 6 have really pushed on. We're the worst of a very ordinary bunch. Norwich are a good side but will get destroyed in the Prem.

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:15 - Apr 6 with 5484 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:09 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Completely disagree. I've seen very little quality at PR this season, nothing a patch on the likes of Wolves and Fulham from last season. The sides in that botton 4 or 5 with us are also totally abject. Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United have pushed on and dominated the top 3 having all been pretty average midtable sides last season. The three that came down haven't been great and the three that came up weren't great either. None of last season's top 6 have really pushed on. We're the worst of a very ordinary bunch. Norwich are a good side but will get destroyed in the Prem.

I hope you are right. I hope they lose a couple of key players and don't produce another bargain buy to replace them. It would be a real consolation if we won promotion back to this league while they beat our record and Derby's in crashing back down. Even if that does mean the uneven playing field of coming up against them with parachute money galore again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 5465 viewsHerbivore

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:15 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I hope you are right. I hope they lose a couple of key players and don't produce another bargain buy to replace them. It would be a real consolation if we won promotion back to this league while they beat our record and Derby's in crashing back down. Even if that does mean the uneven playing field of coming up against them with parachute money galore again.

Get them early doors in 2020/21 when they've come down and we've gone back up and we'll finally end the drought.

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:47 - Apr 6 with 5278 viewsm14_blue

They’re a good side. Their win at Leeds a few weeks ago was as good a performance as you’ll see in this league.

I don’t think it’s luck that they’ve kept winning when others have dropped points, they’ve shown good bottle and that’s part of being a good team.

Any team with Stiepermann in it is hard to like though, even if it wasn’t them lot.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:55 - Apr 6 with 5247 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 17:58 - Apr 6 by TractorWood

They made QPR look like a pub side. Was pretty grim viewing. I think they'll get eaten alive in the Prem though as they'll try and play football.

I think they'll do fine. They're organised first and foremost. The question will be whether Puki (or whatever he's called) is good enough to keep firing in the PL. If he is or they bring in another genuine goalscorer, they've got a good base to build on. It'll be tough, but they're equipped to do better than Cardiff and Fulham have this year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 20:54 - Apr 6 with 4870 viewsjas0999

This is a dreadful league,the fact we are bottom sadly shows how far we have fallen under Evans.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 20:59 - Apr 6 with 4841 viewsGlasgowBlue

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:09 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

As I said to Mullers today, they'll come straight back down but will be financially secure for a few seasons which will keep them competitive in the Championship.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 05:58 - Apr 7 with 4524 viewsBenters2

Norwich are good.

End of.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 06:51 - Apr 7 with 4488 viewsITFC_Forever

You don’t become champions of a division by accident, and as someone else in this thread said, it’s the best Norwich team I can remember.

As for the others bottling it, haven’t Norwich won 7 or 8 in a row? Not sure what the others bottling it has to do with that?

In terms of the general standard of the league though, there are some dreadful teams in this division - and the fact we’re below all of them speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 07:18 - Apr 7 with 4437 viewsBenters2

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 06:51 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

You don’t become champions of a division by accident, and as someone else in this thread said, it’s the best Norwich team I can remember.

As for the others bottling it, haven’t Norwich won 7 or 8 in a row? Not sure what the others bottling it has to do with that?

In terms of the general standard of the league though, there are some dreadful teams in this division - and the fact we’re below all of them speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been.

Great post bud.

The last paragraph is true but very sad.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 07:32 - Apr 7 with 4397 viewsTractorWood

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 18:55 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

I think they'll do fine. They're organised first and foremost. The question will be whether Puki (or whatever he's called) is good enough to keep firing in the PL. If he is or they bring in another genuine goalscorer, they've got a good base to build on. It'll be tough, but they're equipped to do better than Cardiff and Fulham have this year.

That are at a crossroads I think. Do they stick with what's got them up or do they buy big. The Prem has so much quality. Watford for example have some incredibly quality as do Palace, Bournemouth etc etc. Formerly average teams with incredible talent.

Norwich have done well to get promoted with relative ease three times in a decade. However, they don't seem to have the strategic minds off the field to push on and consolidate into a Prem side. I see no evidence to suggest they'll do any different this time. They'll be back at FPR jumping on those 70 year old adverts in 2 years time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 08:29 - Apr 7 with 4313 viewsradiogaga

I couldn't care less.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 3950 viewsWestover

general standard of the league though, there are some dreadful teams in this division - and the fact we’re below all of them speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been.

True we have been bad but would Norwich or any of the top few teams be where they are if they had the amount of long term injuries that Town have had I don't think so myself.âš½
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 3831 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I was at Birmingham v Leeds yesterday and Leeds were one of the slickest passing teams I've seen this season, but with no final ball.

Lee Camp didn't have a save to make yesterday and the Brum defence pressed quickly. Was a cracking game though.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 15:55 - Apr 7 with 3743 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes they’re clearly good, as much as I’d prefer that they weren’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 16:09 - Apr 7 with 3691 viewsgtsb

(1) I know a Norwich fan who goes regularly. Loves the championship hates the premiership because he knows it's about treading water until you sink.
(2) I reckon we'll have a more enjoyable season next year than them oddly enough even though I expect them to stay up for at least one season...just.
(3) Champions of England, FA Cup winners, Uefa cup winners and never beaten at home in Europe and two England managers with one winning the world cup . They'll never beat that.
(4) I F*****g hate them.
Norwich City.....Open for debate on 16:12 - Apr 7 with 3679 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Norwich City.....Open for debate on 14:00 - Apr 7 by Westover

general standard of the league though, there are some dreadful teams in this division - and the fact we’re below all of them speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been.

True we have been bad but would Norwich or any of the top few teams be where they are if they had the amount of long term injuries that Town have had I don't think so myself.âš½

Sheffield United seem to have been relatively injury free but Leeds and Norwich have both had significant injury problems. If you think injuries have caused our problems then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024