Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 10:24 - Apr 7 with 5461 viewsSomethingBlue

Have never really rated him, to be quite honest, but seems to be in some decent form at the moment, a couple of assists lately and Lambert has been very positive. Has he made a step up, in regular watchers' eyes?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 10:28 - Apr 7 with 5416 viewsclive_baker

As with Dozzell, Downes, Bishop etc he just needs regular football and a run of games to establish himself in the side and see what he’s really got. I hope he plays the final 6 matches and takes some form into next season. It’s common with young players but their early careers are stop start and these lads are at an age now where they need to be nailing down a starting spot.

Next season could be really bright if you’ve got those 4 plus Emmanuel and Lancaster all starting. Sprinkle a bit of experience in Bart, Chambers, Judge and Sears.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kenlock on 11:50 - Apr 7 with 5233 viewshector_clifford

I think he deserves a new contract, and not just the 12 month option we took.
I think Emmanuel has shown enough in 2 tough away games to get one as well, but that wouldnt really be fair on Myles. I know it's just the circumstances of their contracts running out at different times, but we should get them both properly signed up for at least 2 years.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Kenlock on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 5200 viewsLankHenners

Still not really convinced about him defensively but plays with a lot of confidence and if he can keep playing like he has been recently he may be a good LB for us at league 1 level.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kenlock on 12:21 - Apr 7 with 5121 viewsArnieM

I’ve always rated young Kenlock. He’s just never had a chance to shine IMO. He seems a “ proper” defender in the making and does get forward meaningfully to put in some decent crosses at times.
Sorry but I do prefer him to Knudsen .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kenlock on 12:23 - Apr 7 with 5113 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve been of a similar view generally but been really impressed in recent weeks.

He’s never been the best defensively, which I think showed up more under Mick because full backs were safety first unless a cut above ability wise and trusted a bit more.

Now we are playing more passing football, his strengths are being played to and he is showing his best. I still find him a bit one footed and that is easier to defend against than necessary, but if we bring in a LB in the summer they won’t just be given the shirt with what he has shown

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kenlock on 12:24 - Apr 7 with 5100 viewsnodge_blue

Kenlock on 11:50 - Apr 7 by hector_clifford

I think he deserves a new contract, and not just the 12 month option we took.
I think Emmanuel has shown enough in 2 tough away games to get one as well, but that wouldnt really be fair on Myles. I know it's just the circumstances of their contracts running out at different times, but we should get them both properly signed up for at least 2 years.

When they both first came on the scene I thought Emmanuel looked a bit better than Kenlock. Stronger for sure. I think Kenlock was initially given more opportunity as left backs are a bit rarer.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kenlock on 12:33 - Apr 7 with 5058 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenlock on 12:23 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

I’ve been of a similar view generally but been really impressed in recent weeks.

He’s never been the best defensively, which I think showed up more under Mick because full backs were safety first unless a cut above ability wise and trusted a bit more.

Now we are playing more passing football, his strengths are being played to and he is showing his best. I still find him a bit one footed and that is easier to defend against than necessary, but if we bring in a LB in the summer they won’t just be given the shirt with what he has shown

Agree with that. And I think he's actually started looking more and more assured defensively over the past few weeks which has always been the concern.

We should go into next season knowing he can do a job at LB. But would like to see more cover/competition there (unless Clement or Nydam can be trusted to provide back-up.

On a related note, what are we going to do with Nydam? This time last year he looked the pick of the bunch among the young midfielders, but now there doesn't look to be much of a place for him. Perhaps a role as a utility player and cover in midfield and especially down the left might help bring him back in?

Pronouns: He/Him

Kenlock on 12:35 - Apr 7 with 5051 viewshector_clifford

Kenlock on 12:23 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

Do you think Bailey Clements could be ready to be Kenlocks understudy next season Joe, rather than buying in another left back?

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 12:55 - Apr 7 with 4995 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s looked WAY better the last couple of games. And big Josh looks assured and accomplished

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kenlock on 13:34 - Apr 7 with 4871 viewsBluefish

Still not quite there defensively so he needs to work on that side. The corner yesterday with the ameobi backheel kenlock was yards away from the player he was supposed to be marking

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kenlock on 13:37 - Apr 7 with 4860 viewsbournemouthblue

For me he has always looked quite promising, there's a decent footballing brain in there, he is also deceptively big and capable of mixing it physically

I think he will develop into a decent player

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kenlock on 13:40 - Apr 7 with 4842 viewsclive_baker

Kenlock on 13:37 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

For me he has always looked quite promising, there's a decent footballing brain in there, he is also deceptively big and capable of mixing it physically

I think he will develop into a decent player

He runs like Brett Pitman though, so there’s an element of me that can’t take him seriously.

Kenlock on 13:47 - Apr 7 with 4810 viewsbrogansnose

He had an excellent game last week and he is noticably improving with his extended run in the team and couple that with PL's coaching , its paying dividends. He has still got a way to go and has a few ricks in his play but we are a team full of players with ricks in them.

PL has stated more than once that the direction that the club is taking is towards using more home grown talent and so as a fanbase we need to support that. The only way the young guns are going to learn and develop is by playing in the first team.
Kenlock on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 4728 viewscrunchie1978

Last 2 games I've been dining on large portions of humble pie.
Let's hope pre season he learns how to run properly.
Kenlock on 15:12 - Apr 7 with 4619 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Kenlock on 10:28 - Apr 7 by clive_baker

As with Dozzell, Downes, Bishop etc he just needs regular football and a run of games to establish himself in the side and see what he’s really got. I hope he plays the final 6 matches and takes some form into next season. It’s common with young players but their early careers are stop start and these lads are at an age now where they need to be nailing down a starting spot.

Next season could be really bright if you’ve got those 4 plus Emmanuel and Lancaster all starting. Sprinkle a bit of experience in Bart, Chambers, Judge and Sears.

Don't you think that side would be too young for a League One campaign? It's blood and thunder down there, with some very experienced pros and poor refereeing.

All you mention will be stand out players for us, but I think we need more experience in there to take the weight off the kids.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Kenlock on 20:20 - Apr 7 with 4337 viewstextbackup

I was about to post a "kenlock" message then saw this thread.

for me he has really grown into his position, and the team, he isn't a kid anymore, seems to have physically got bigger and stronger and has a bit of a c**ty edge to him, getting in little arguments with opposition players, pushing them around a bit, I like to see that, especially when we have a few kids out there, he's showing we aren't weak and wont be bullied.

various times he has turned on the ball and made an attack out of nothing, which (and this isn't anti JK) but he wouldn't have done that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kenlock on 20:26 - Apr 7 with 4289 viewsbournemouthblue

Kenlock on 20:20 - Apr 7 by textbackup

I was about to post a "kenlock" message then saw this thread.

for me he has really grown into his position, and the team, he isn't a kid anymore, seems to have physically got bigger and stronger and has a bit of a c**ty edge to him, getting in little arguments with opposition players, pushing them around a bit, I like to see that, especially when we have a few kids out there, he's showing we aren't weak and wont be bullied.

various times he has turned on the ball and made an attack out of nothing, which (and this isn't anti JK) but he wouldn't have done that

he has a better footballing brain than JK and that could ultimately take him further than JK

That's no reflection on Knudsen, he's become a solid if unspectacular left back who is much derised but would slot in well at another Championship club and do alright. He'll ultimately become a centre back and have a more fruitful career there imho. I wonder if we'll consider offering Knudsen another contract or simply let him fritter away to a rival club or perhaps abroad to a Championship quality top tier league?

Kenlock on 20:31 - Apr 7 with 4268 viewstextbackup

Kenlock on 20:26 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

he has a better footballing brain than JK and that could ultimately take him further than JK

That's no reflection on Knudsen, he's become a solid if unspectacular left back who is much derised but would slot in well at another Championship club and do alright. He'll ultimately become a centre back and have a more fruitful career there imho. I wonder if we'll consider offering Knudsen another contract or simply let him fritter away to a rival club or perhaps abroad to a Championship quality top tier league?

he'll go abroad I reckon, german league is my bet

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kenlock on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 4250 viewsclive_baker

Kenlock on 15:12 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Don't you think that side would be too young for a League One campaign? It's blood and thunder down there, with some very experienced pros and poor refereeing.

All you mention will be stand out players for us, but I think we need more experience in there to take the weight off the kids.

Personally, no, I would go with the kids. They’re technically gifted lads who could well go on to play at a much higher level, so I would love to see us realise some value out of them while we can.

I think financially we can’t afford to buy our way back, so if I’m given a choice of a fairly run of the mill L1 experienced head, or a Dozzell, Lancaster or Downes, I would give the benefit of the doubt to the latter until they give us a reason to think otherwise. I definitely think they need some experience alongside them, but we’ve got that already. I don’t think Lambert’s got too much to do this summer to be fair, a centre half (perhaps Collins, if he can prove his fitness) and almost certainly a goal scorer or 2. The biggest job will be moving on a bit of the contracted dead wood a la Harrison, Jackson, Donacien etc. Jackson in particular amazes me, I can’t believe he’s found himself playing Championship football. I would be willing to bet he’ll never kick a ball at this level again after this season.

Kenlock on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 4199 viewsbournemouthblue

Kenlock on 20:35 - Apr 7 by clive_baker

Personally, no, I would go with the kids. They’re technically gifted lads who could well go on to play at a much higher level, so I would love to see us realise some value out of them while we can.

I think financially we can’t afford to buy our way back, so if I’m given a choice of a fairly run of the mill L1 experienced head, or a Dozzell, Lancaster or Downes, I would give the benefit of the doubt to the latter until they give us a reason to think otherwise. I definitely think they need some experience alongside them, but we’ve got that already. I don’t think Lambert’s got too much to do this summer to be fair, a centre half (perhaps Collins, if he can prove his fitness) and almost certainly a goal scorer or 2. The biggest job will be moving on a bit of the contracted dead wood a la Harrison, Jackson, Donacien etc. Jackson in particular amazes me, I can’t believe he’s found himself playing Championship football. I would be willing to bet he’ll never kick a ball at this level again after this season.

Given we don't have a lot of money, we could do worse than Knudsen succeeding Chambers with Woolfy, Nsiala likely to remain here for a few seasons. This will be the back bone of our side.

He probably has loftier ambitions but will take a side step and swan off into a league such as German Division 2 or a lower Bundesliga side as a squad player, who knows? He could go off to Denmark, the Netherlands etc

Kenlock on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 4106 viewsjas0999

I’ve always rated him, and think he will be excellent in league one next season. No need to sign a new left back.
Kenlock on 10:25 - Apr 8 with 3745 viewsGarv

Not to say I thought he was brilliant but I couldn't understand people writing him off, or even disregarding him because JK is a 'solid defender'.

Like how he drives inside as it shows positivity, and a good example was him setting up Quaner for the second.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kenlock on 14:08 - Apr 8 with 3596 viewsbluebare

his problem for me is lack of stamina which shows after an hour and getting caught up field but JK does as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024