Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thatcher died 6 years ago today 10:59 - Apr 8 with 4337 viewschicoazul

NSFW, needs sound.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 11:00]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:02 - Apr 8 with 3290 viewsSteve_M

How many pages are you going for here?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:17 - Apr 8 with 3259 viewsPecker

Why is he swearing and pretending to smoke a cigarette?
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:22 - Apr 8 with 3244 viewsballycastle

The hypocrisy on display last week, by those condemning unflinchingly the shooting of a Corbyn poster with a paint ball and those same 'tolerant' people who celebrated the death of Thatcher is a pretty good sign of the dogma inflicting the UK.
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:25 - Apr 8 with 3226 viewschicoazul

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:22 - Apr 8 by ballycastle

The hypocrisy on display last week, by those condemning unflinchingly the shooting of a Corbyn poster with a paint ball and those same 'tolerant' people who celebrated the death of Thatcher is a pretty good sign of the dogma inflicting the UK.

How can hypocrisy be a sign of dogma?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 12:09 - Apr 8 with 3180 viewsballycastle

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 11:25 - Apr 8 by chicoazul

How can hypocrisy be a sign of dogma?

The hypocrisy of ones dogmatic views?
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:14 - Apr 8 with 3077 views26_Paz

We can only wish we had someone like Maggie around now to fix the current mess. RIP.

The Paz Man

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:27 - Apr 8 with 3061 viewsChe

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:14 - Apr 8 by 26_Paz

We can only wish we had someone like Maggie around now to fix the current mess. RIP.

No more industry left for her to close, I guess she could speed up the carve up of the NHS
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:49 - Apr 8 with 3041 viewsXYZ

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:14 - Apr 8 by 26_Paz

Ah, yes, the woman who helped design the single market and who would never have held a referendum.

You don't remember the messes she created (deliberately) and the long and unnecessary recession of the early '90s her profligate and reckless Chancellors caused?

Theresa May is, somehow, much worse.

Shame those whose lives she blighted didn't get a chance to live in peace - she sowed the seeds for the divisions of today.
Login to get fewer ads

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:57 - Apr 8 with 3019 viewsDarth_Koont

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:49 - Apr 8 by XYZ

Ah, yes, the woman who helped design the single market and who would never have held a referendum.

You don't remember the messes she created (deliberately) and the long and unnecessary recession of the early '90s her profligate and reckless Chancellors caused?

Shame those whose lives she blighted didn't get a chance to live in peace - she sowed the seeds for the divisions of today.

Indeed. Thatcher, as someone who was instrumental in pushing to expand the single market to include Eastern Europe, would have been a huge Remainer. And probably a reformer too so would never have reached this point of passively complaining about stuff that has been under our own control or influence for decades.

Albeit for massively free-market ideological purposes and scant regard for citizens welfare. In fact, I'm sure her battle with the EU would have been on workers' and human rights, environmental regulations etc.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 2986 viewsbraveblue

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:27 - Apr 8 by Che

No more industry left for her to close, I guess she could speed up the carve up of the NHS

Just ignore facts and history then.
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 15:28 - Apr 8 with 2978 viewshoppy

Some still would.

(not watched the vid - merely read the subject title)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 2968 views26_Paz

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:27 - Apr 8 by Che

I would like to see full privatisation of the health system so this would be a most welcome side affect for me!

The Paz Man

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 18:53 - Apr 8 with 2915 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 14:49 - Apr 8 by XYZ

You forgot how she let all those poor people buy their houses.
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 2906 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought we had it bad with the milk, but then I moved down here into an area her policies devastated and found the human soul was capable of levels of hate that scare me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 18:58 - Apr 8 with 2900 viewsXYZ

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 18:53 - Apr 8 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You forgot how she let all those poor people buy their houses.

No, I've met the kids and grandkids of those people who look at people who own houses as being from a different planet to them.
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:02 - Apr 8 with 2891 viewsballycastle

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 18:56 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

I thought we had it bad with the milk, but then I moved down here into an area her policies devastated and found the human soul was capable of levels of hate that scare me.

Her policies were ahead of their time with regard to coal, coking works and steel furnaces were they not?
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:03 - Apr 8 with 2889 viewsfooters

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:02 - Apr 8 by ballycastle

Her policies were ahead of their time with regard to coal, coking works and steel furnaces were they not?

Not since we've been importing hundreds of millions of tonnes of inferior Chinese coal every year ever since.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:04 - Apr 8 with 2884 viewsfooters

The lady's not for turning in her grave.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:05 - Apr 8 with 2876 viewsballycastle

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:03 - Apr 8 by footers

Not since we've been importing hundreds of millions of tonnes of inferior Chinese coal every year ever since.

Every year? I believed it was Polish coal in the main.
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 23:22 - Apr 8 with 2803 viewsDarth_Koont

Limmy is a genius. His collected Vines are mesmeric.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 23:25 - Apr 8 with 2799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not long enough ago.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 23:40 - Apr 8 with 2792 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 19:02 - Apr 8 by ballycastle

Maybe, but for whom? It’d be entertaining to see someone arguing her case down here. They haven’t forgotten.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 23:57 - Apr 8 with 2781 viewsStNeotsBlue

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 15:32 - Apr 8 by 26_Paz

I would like to see full privatisation of the health system so this would be a most welcome side affect for me!

Why?
Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 08:52 - Apr 9 with 2689 views26_Paz

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 23:57 - Apr 8 by StNeotsBlue

Why?

At the moment if you want decent healthcare you have to pay twice. Through taxes for the NHS and then for a private policy. I'd rather just pay once if I'm honest.

The Paz Man

Thatcher died 6 years ago today on 09:10 - Apr 9 with 2673 viewsMullet

I'll tell you what, as much as I find her and her legacy abhorrent, when she snuffed it there was universal condemnation of that sort of thing from all sides.

But come up north or into Wales and it makes sense as to why, even if it doesn't make it right. She was responsible for inflicting the kind of social and material inequalities we baulk at America for having in this country.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024