Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To make sure I never visit the UAE 13:18 - Apr 8 with 5567 viewsballycastle

and Dubai in particular. The country rotten to the core run by intolerant religious nut jobs. There, that should just about so it.
To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:21 - Apr 8 with 3321 viewschicoazul

Just get an Israel stamp in your passport, that will sort it for you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 3300 viewsfooters

Blimey, you seem very angry recently!

May I suggest a jazz woodbine and a tug to relax you?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:25 - Apr 8 with 3287 viewsSuperblue95

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:23 - Apr 8 by footers

At least his post his coherent

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:25 - Apr 8 with 3287 viewsjeera

I don't quite get this.

I mean, I realise they're an nation of religious, intolerant nut jobs, but is the issue because of an insult to a woman or because of their passion for horses?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:26 - Apr 8 with 3273 viewsjeera

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:25 - Apr 8 by Superblue95

At least his post his coherent

awkkjfijsfijdnrwklsmlkfodjklsy h./c

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:27 - Apr 8 with 3262 viewsSuperblue95

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:26 - Apr 8 by jeera

awkkjfijsfijdnrwklsmlkfodjklsy h./c

No it’s her 40th next year I think

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:32 - Apr 8 with 3237 viewsjeera

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:27 - Apr 8 by Superblue95

No it’s her 40th next year I think

Or just a contempt held for FB users?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:50 - Apr 8 with 3206 viewsGuthrum

No, that merely ensures you don't go home when you were expecting.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:55 - Apr 8 with 3189 viewsMJallday

i was there (albeit for a day) last month

one of the cleanest cities on the planet. no graffiti and the air conditioned bus stops are something else.

on the minus side, if you hold hands with a beloved one in public, prepare to loose it.
whilst i was out there, a british chap wore a qatar football shirt in public. i think he's still in clink.

i decided against my "magical vegas" advertising - just in case.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:15 - Apr 8 with 3148 viewsSwansea_Blue

Flying through is enough for me. It's quite interesting to have a trip out of the airport if you've got a long stopover. But it's not somewhere that would appeal for a longer stop.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:18 - Apr 8 with 3135 viewsMJallday

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:15 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

Flying through is enough for me. It's quite interesting to have a trip out of the airport if you've got a long stopover. But it's not somewhere that would appeal for a longer stop.

for 250 aed (about 60 quid) - i got a taxi ride to see,
burj khalifa (the big building)
most of downtown dubai
the world trade centre
the burj al arab (the sail shaped hotel)
the palm juhmerria
the atlantis hotel
a shedload of sheiks houses
and back to the burj khalifa

you pay a 25 aed surcharge for leaving the airport zone, but for 60 quid (and bout 3 hours) it was totally worth it. id recommend it to anyone.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:21 - Apr 8 with 3124 viewsballycastle

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:23 - Apr 8 by footers

No anger fella, just mocking, pure unadulterated mocking of both the country and those who visit knowing full well the laws are that of a religious dictatorship.
To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:28 - Apr 8 with 3094 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:55 - Apr 8 by MJallday

one of the cleanest cities on the planet. no graffiti and the air conditioned bus stops are something else.

on the minus side, if you hold hands with a beloved one in public, prepare to loose it.
whilst i was out there, a british chap wore a qatar football shirt in public. i think he's still in clink.

The fact there is a need for air conditioned bus stops is another reason to not visit.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:31 - Apr 8 with 3085 viewsPendejo

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:25 - Apr 8 by jeera

I don't quite get this.

I mean, I realise they're an nation of religious, intolerant nut jobs, but is the issue because of an insult to a woman or because of their passion for horses?

I read that the reason they arrested the woman was for slander... so back to your question. Was it that the woman felt slandered or they felt the horses were slandered?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:42 - Apr 8 with 3052 viewsMJallday

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:28 - Apr 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

The fact there is a need for air conditioned bus stops is another reason to not visit.

it was 34c when i was out there.
landing 7 hours later at birmingham where it was 2c was quite a shock.

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:50 - Apr 8 with 3036 viewsEly_Blue

Surely it is more a case of when in Rome do as the Romans do? I am sure that there are plenty of people who come to parts of the western world and don’t agree with our customs and ways of living.

Just because a country has differing opinions or cultures to that in which you live that doesn’t make them wrong.

I have visited twice for work and it’s a pretty safe, clean and hospitable place with friendly enough people.

Get over yourself

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:52 - Apr 8 with 3034 viewsSwansea_Blue

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:18 - Apr 8 by MJallday

for 250 aed (about 60 quid) - i got a taxi ride to see,
burj khalifa (the big building)
most of downtown dubai
the world trade centre
the burj al arab (the sail shaped hotel)
the palm juhmerria
the atlantis hotel
a shedload of sheiks houses
and back to the burj khalifa

you pay a 25 aed surcharge for leaving the airport zone, but for 60 quid (and bout 3 hours) it was totally worth it. id recommend it to anyone.

That's pretty much what I did, although not quite as long a list ad the Grand Prix circuit was thrown in. Agreed, it's well worth it if you just have half a day or so in transit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:58 - Apr 8 with 3010 viewsDarth_Koont

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:21 - Apr 8 by chicoazul

Just get an Israel stamp in your passport, that will sort it for you.

Bit counter-productive.

That would still mean visiting a country rotten to the core run by intolerant religious nut jobs.

Pronouns: He/Him

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:15 - Apr 8 with 2976 viewsWD19

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:50 - Apr 8 by Ely_Blue

Surely it is more a case of when in Rome do as the Romans do? I am sure that there are plenty of people who come to parts of the western world and don’t agree with our customs and ways of living.

Just because a country has differing opinions or cultures to that in which you live that doesn’t make them wrong.

I have visited twice for work and it’s a pretty safe, clean and hospitable place with friendly enough people.

Get over yourself

She was sat in the UK and called a woman (who happen to live in the UAE) a horseface on facebook.

She faces 2 years inside or up to $50k fine I believe.

Was there a couple of weeks ago. Dubai has literally nothing going for it other than the sunshine. The labour conditions are beyond abhorrent.
To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:18 - Apr 8 with 2965 viewsStokieBlue

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:50 - Apr 8 by Ely_Blue

Get over yourself

"Just because a country has differing opinions or cultures to that in which you live that doesn’t make them wrong."

The specific version of the generic go-to line of so many people nowadays. People use it to suggest their opinion on climate change is as valid as a research scientists or that that their view on the Earth being flat is just as valid.

It's nonsense and it's getting rather annoying. Respect for different cultures is essential but that doesn't mean criticism isn't valid.

For instance, Brunei has differing opinions to the west and a different culture but any way you look at it stoning someone to death is wrong.

SB
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 15:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:20 - Apr 8 with 2954 viewsbraveblue

Presume you have never been. Nor do you seem to know anything about the country.
To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:21 - Apr 8 with 2944 viewsbraveblue

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 13:55 - Apr 8 by MJallday

Holding hands? Nonsense.
To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:23 - Apr 8 with 2937 viewsfooters

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 14:21 - Apr 8 by ballycastle

No anger fella, just mocking, pure unadulterated mocking of both the country and those who visit knowing full well the laws are that of a religious dictatorship.

Can't see the fuss myself. Why anyone would want to go to a desert full of footballers and tw@tty executive types is beyond me. Naff all culture and can't even drink yourself stupid to numb the pain!

I'd rather go to Caister.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 2884 viewsitfcjoe

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:15 - Apr 8 by WD19

She was sat in the UK and called a woman (who happen to live in the UAE) a horseface on facebook.

She faces 2 years inside or up to $50k fine I believe.

Was there a couple of weeks ago. Dubai has literally nothing going for it other than the sunshine. The labour conditions are beyond abhorrent.

Sunshine all year round and top class facilities are a very good 'something going for it' when you are looking for a relaxing holiday though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

To make sure I never visit the UAE on 15:44 - Apr 8 with 2868 viewsIpswichKnight

I personally avoid the place and happily pay the extra to go non-stop or via a different city if I need to fly anywhere that might involve UAE airlines.

Doesn't sound like my type of place but everyone has different tastes just because I prefer to hike up and down mountains and Glaciers looking for wildlife doesn't mean that others will and do enjoy spending holidays in luxurious hotels with sunshine ( actually after being to Svalbard in July and August it can offer something Dubai will never be able to 24 hour sunshine! )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024