Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure what to think about this 14:45 - Apr 8 with 612 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47853058

Pleased we got the game on and beat them but the EFL picking and choosing when to give clubs their money sets a dangerous precedent.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Not sure what to think about this on 14:57 - Apr 8 with 547 viewsSteve_M

I would presume that the EFL are also due to make payment to Bolton at some stage in the future, which would be standard if payments are staggered over the season, and therefore aren't actually putting money at risk.

Otherwise, your implications is right, they might not get it back in this case.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Not sure what to think about this on 15:03 - Apr 8 with 525 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Not sure what to think about this on 14:57 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

I would presume that the EFL are also due to make payment to Bolton at some stage in the future, which would be standard if payments are staggered over the season, and therefore aren't actually putting money at risk.

Otherwise, your implications is right, they might not get it back in this case.

I think it sets them up for another club to request the same in the future, slightly earlier and for them to go out of business, or have some other issue.

This is obviously money due to Bolton this season, which they would be entitled to but I think as soon as they deviate from making a payment on an agreed date and effectively lending it to a team for a while until it was actually due, other clubs will use this to assist their own future agendas.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024