Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap 15:14 - Apr 8 with 5043 viewsKieran_Knows

'be surprised if this didn't happen'. Sounds like something may well be close? Have you heard anything similar, Phil?

[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 15:14]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:30 - Apr 8 with 3939 viewsSteve_M

Does he mean if we can't sign Keane we'll try and sign Norwood. That's different to suggesting the signing is all but lined up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:31 - Apr 8 with 3920 viewsReuser_is_God

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:30 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

Does he mean if we can't sign Keane we'll try and sign Norwood. That's different to suggesting the signing is all but lined up.

I'd imagine we'll try & sign both.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:32 - Apr 8 with 3909 viewsKieran_Knows

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:30 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

Could well be, but to me it sounds as if he is talking about Norwood signing. That being said, I think we'll need a couple of strikers this summer anyway given that Sears will miss the first half of the season and the jury is still out on Harrison and Jackson (by the looks of things).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:34 - Apr 8 with 3873 viewshampstead_blue

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:31 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

It would be interesting to see how we would fund that.

Evans would have to push the boat out and I am sure Harrison and Jackson's transfer fee are still prominent in his thinking.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:35 - Apr 8 with 3866 viewsMrTown

Think Keane's wages will put us well out of reach, if i'm honest i don't want to take on another player with such a blighted injury record.

I've heard Town are seriously interested in Norwood, one of the top targets for the summer. Could be complete BS but same as what EADT are reporting.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:36 - Apr 8 with 3850 viewsReuser_is_God

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:34 - Apr 8 by hampstead_blue

Evans would have to push the boat out and I am sure Harrison and Jackson's transfer fee are still prominent in his thinking.

Will Keane is currently on 20k a week.

He's spent the last 3 years injured or in the u23's at Hull, if he goes anywhere for more than 7/8k a week the world has gone barmy.

That's hardly pushing the boat out.

Evans out

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:37 - Apr 8 with 3827 viewsMrTown

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:36 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

He's spent the last 3 years injured or in the u23's at Hull, if he goes anywhere for more than 7/8k a week the world has gone barmy.

25k.

Obviously will not get that on his next contract, but don't think we could afford him in L1 unless he'd take 3/4k.

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 3807 viewsReuser_is_God

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:37 - Apr 8 by MrTown

25k.

Obviously will not get that on his next contract, but don't think we could afford him in L1 unless he'd take 3/4k.

We won't be paying our top striker 3/4k, even in League 1.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:41 - Apr 8 with 3779 viewsitfcjoe

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:36 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

The main thing not in our favour is a move here will require relocation - depending on where he lives he is very likely to have a host of CHamp/L1 clubs which would be easily accessible from his current house.

But, we've got him in the building - that is always a big bonus and good head start

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:46 - Apr 8 with 3737 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:37 - Apr 8 by MrTown

25k.

What he's earning now is irrelevant. He's out of contact and has been a squad player at a midtable Championship club with a really poor injury record. He could be on £100k a week currently and it'd have no bearing on what he can expect to earn next season. For him it'll be a choice of starting regularly in League 1 or being a squad player in the Championship, both options will knock 75% off what he's currently earning.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:46 - Apr 8 with 3730 viewsbontcho

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:31 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

My hunch is that PL would like both but I doubt we’ll afford Keane and Norwood without some major deals out. Norwood seems more likely simply because of the financial situation and he appears a better fit to Lambo’s preferred formation to me.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:53 - Apr 8 with 3646 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:41 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

The main thing not in our favour is a move here will require relocation - depending on where he lives he is very likely to have a host of CHamp/L1 clubs which would be easily accessible from his current house.

But, we've got him in the building - that is always a big bonus and good head start

Relocating from Hull would have to be seen as a plus.

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:54 - Apr 8 with 3640 viewsPJH

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:53 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

Relocating from Hull would have to be seen as a plus.

My niece and her husband did that and they seem happy enough.
James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:57 - Apr 8 with 3611 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:39 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

Of course we will.

Chambers, Skuse, Bart etc will be on £10,000 to £15,000 per week and even with a relegation clause they will still be on £7,500 upwards.

The players we brought in last season like Edwards, Nolan, Jackson and Harrison will probably be in the £4,000 to £6,000 range. They would no doubt have been given improved contracts this season if they'd have torn the division up.

We will have one of the biggest budgets next season even with a massive hit on income. In 2-3 seasons if we hadn't gone up then we'd end up letting the players on big money go and replacing them with salaries more in keeping with League One, but we can't just go down and have an average League One wage bill. That would take time to get to.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:59 - Apr 8 with 3587 viewsIpswichKnight

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:41 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

If and it's a big if we get both in where would that leave the likes of Folami and Morris?
James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:01 - Apr 8 with 3562 viewsMrTown

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:39 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

More or less?

Norwood is on 3k.

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:02 - Apr 8 with 3552 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:59 - Apr 8 by IpswichKnight

If and it's a big if we get both in where would that leave the likes of Folami and Morris?

It would leave them recovering from long term injuries still. Then probably a spell out on loan.

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:13 - Apr 8 with 3482 viewsWhymarkmariner

With regard to squad size I believe there will be thirteen players leave and five come in. Maybe three permanent and two loan. Leaving a squad of 28 players,down from the current 36. So maybe a some room for a decent signing on decent wages.
James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:19 - Apr 8 with 3432 viewsReuser_is_God

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:01 - Apr 8 by MrTown

More or less?

Norwood is on 3k.

More.

Evans out

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:25 - Apr 8 with 3403 viewschicoazul

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:57 - Apr 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Of course we will.

Chambers, Skuse, Bart etc will be on £10,000 to £15,000 per week and even with a relegation clause they will still be on £7,500 upwards.

The players we brought in last season like Edwards, Nolan, Jackson and Harrison will probably be in the £4,000 to £6,000 range. They would no doubt have been given improved contracts this season if they'd have torn the division up.

We will have one of the biggest budgets next season even with a massive hit on income. In 2-3 seasons if we hadn't gone up then we'd end up letting the players on big money go and replacing them with salaries more in keeping with League One, but we can't just go down and have an average League One wage bill. That would take time to get to.

You do know the rules on the L1 wage cap, right?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 3296 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t tend to say this but I too heard it was very much close to agreed and that was before the Hull game.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 17:24 - Apr 8 with 3167 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oliver Norwood used to be awesome upcoming talent in Football Manager in about 2007. Any relation?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 17:44 - Apr 8 with 3102 viewschristiand

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:35 - Apr 8 by MrTown

Think Keane's wages will put us well out of reach, if i'm honest i don't want to take on another player with such a blighted injury record.

I've heard Town are seriously interested in Norwood, one of the top targets for the summer. Could be complete BS but same as what EADT are reporting.

I like this link, Norwood knows where the back of the net is. Neither Jackson or Harrison were prolific at Accrington Stanley and Bristol Rovers respectively. Still think they could both come good, but we need someone that can instinctively put the ball in the back of the net if chances are created.....Norwood has proven he can do this.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 17:54 - Apr 8 with 3055 viewsRadlett_blue

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:46 - Apr 8 by bontcho

My hunch is that PL would like both but I doubt we’ll afford Keane and Norwood without some major deals out. Norwood seems more likely simply because of the financial situation and he appears a better fit to Lambo’s preferred formation to me.

I don't share the huge enthusiasm for Norwood. From what I've heard, he isn't great if he gets isolated & Lambert prefers to play 1 up top. Norwood is only 5'9" so hardly the target man we need. He will be 29 in September so unlikely to have much resale value so doesn't fit the Evans blueprint. We also already have Jackson & Harrison under contract & both should be fine in League 1, especially Harrison of he can stay fit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 18:35 - Apr 8 with 2947 viewsnodge_blue

James Norwood ... interesting from the EADT chap on 15:34 - Apr 8 by hampstead_blue

Isn’t norwood on a bosman?

So only wages.....

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024