Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... 16:03 - Apr 8 with 5707 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

until you don't agree with their opinion, which automatically makes you an ill informed uneducated racist. Some of the most hypocritical offensive people are left of centre. I've been watching question time on YouTube this last month as Brexit was fast approaching (or so I thought) and listening to this tosh is infuriating. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they just came out and said admitted they wanted to reverse democracy because I don't agree with 52% of the population. Margaret Beckett and that ilk. Hate is a strong word but I'm not far from being in that category. The notion that now people understand it more we should ask them again. How offensive is that to people that voted in this one in a lifetime referendum.

The hilarious part of this is all the Labour strongholds are the people that voted us out anyway. What a joke.

We should be on WTO by now. Congratulations Westminster because this going to have long time consequences including a rise in the far right.
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:13 - Apr 8 with 2992 viewsSteve_M

Have you purchased your gun yet?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:14 - Apr 8 with 2990 viewshampstead_blue

You know what's going to happen?

You're going to get blocked/ignored and/or hammered by the lefties.
They take a bit of thawing from their Cold War stances but when they get going they get pretty tasty.

Have to say that the HoP overall has been a cluster thuck over Brexit. We should be out but the middle class politico's seem think they know better and are ignoring the majority.

We don't need s 2nd vote, customs union (takers all day), or anything which ties us in the EU.
The negative spin is pretty horrid and insulting. Both sides have had their fair share of vacuous spin but the remainers just keep harping on about the same old, same old.....

They should shut up and let us get on with leaving.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:24 - Apr 8 with 2971 viewsStokieBlue

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:14 - Apr 8 by hampstead_blue

You know what's going to happen?

You're going to get blocked/ignored and/or hammered by the lefties.
They take a bit of thawing from their Cold War stances but when they get going they get pretty tasty.

Have to say that the HoP overall has been a cluster thuck over Brexit. We should be out but the middle class politico's seem think they know better and are ignoring the majority.

We don't need s 2nd vote, customs union (takers all day), or anything which ties us in the EU.
The negative spin is pretty horrid and insulting. Both sides have had their fair share of vacuous spin but the remainers just keep harping on about the same old, same old.....

They should shut up and let us get on with leaving.

Pretty sure I'm not thought of as a leftie but I'm happy to say you're both speaking total bobbins.

Perhaps it's nothing to do with being a left, centre or right but having the ability to see what a total disaster Brexit would be for the country and the fact that 52/48 is hardly the crushing and decisive victory you seem to be claiming. It's even less so when you factor in that it was based on some factual inaccuracies which some people believed.

How about we have a poll and if 52% of the respondents feel your posting isn't contributing to the board we get rid of you with no recourse or ability to ask the board again?

SB
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 16:25]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:26 - Apr 8 with 2957 viewsazuremerlangus

Pandora's Brexit box. Whatever is inside it is going to be trouble for all sides up and down the country.

However it turns out I'm not sure we can say it was all worth it in the end.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:34 - Apr 8 with 2927 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:13 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

Have you purchased your gun yet?

What does that mean?
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:38 - Apr 8 with 2905 viewsfooters

Could you explain the benefits of trading on WTO terms? You understand that those terms were designed as a starting point for trade negotiations, right?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 2872 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:38 - Apr 8 by footers

Could you explain the benefits of trading on WTO terms? You understand that those terms were designed as a starting point for trade negotiations, right?

Did i say that is what I actually wanted? It said at this point we should be. It's all a farce really.
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 2868 viewsMeadowlark

I guess this post makes you a "righty?"
Login to get fewer ads

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:54 - Apr 8 with 2854 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think it was described as a "once in a generation decision" according to the Government brochure/propaganda.

So next referendum due in 20 years or so then? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:54 - Apr 8 with 2851 viewsfooters

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:49 - Apr 8 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Did i say that is what I actually wanted? It said at this point we should be. It's all a farce really.

Don't remember that being on the ballot paper.

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 2836 viewsBenters2

I thought you were talking about the leftie bmrs on here!
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 2840 viewsm14_blue

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 16:49 - Apr 8 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

These politicians are in an incredibly difficult position.

They are there to represent their constituents and act in their best interests. They believe that Brexit, in particular No Deal, will be disastrous for the economy and therefore for their most vulnerable constituents.

In that scenario I would say it takes far more courage to continue to stand up for what you believe than just blindly hide behind the referendum result as a way of abdicating your responsibility.

It is exposing them to untold abuse and will likely cost them their seats and careers, I think they’re brave, albeit they all could have learned to compromise and put any suggestion of party politics to one side.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 16:58]
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:06 - Apr 8 with 2821 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with your opinion (in general) of much of the left but the rest of that post is nonsense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:20 - Apr 8 with 2804 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pretty impressive. For a fairly short piece I counted 9 instances of incorrect information, misleading information, or cognitive dissonance:

1. People aren't being called ill informed, uneducated racists for differences of opinion. If they're being called ill informed or racists it's more likely because they're ill informed or they've done a racism/xenopphobism.

2. In terms of the leading figures in Brexit, those pushing for it are the most hypocritical of the lot imo (Brexiteers pushing for a hard exit, waving their union jacks, whilst lining their own nest investing against the country's performance, etc).

3. Voting can never reverse democracy. It is democracy in action. Cease to give people a say and you have the complete breakdown in democracy (the thought of a second referendum makes me feel sick, but you can't deny the people a right to campaign for it).

4. It wasn't 52% of the population, it was 52% of the turnout.

5. Accusing "lefties" of being intolerant whilst declaring near-hatred of a group purely for their political position.

6. What is even the slightest bit wrong with finding out information before making a decision or reserving the right to make a new decision in the light of new or more information? Our society runs on such basic foundations - in the sciences, medicine, law, politics, etc.

7. In terms of the strongest Leve & Remain areas, you've got this completely about face.
- Top 10 Leave areas: Boston (Tory), South Holland (Tory), Castle Point (Tory), Thurrock (Tory), Great Yarmouth (Tory), Fenland (Tory), Mansfield (Tory), Bolsover (Labour), East Lindsey (Tory), North East Lincolnshire (split Labour/Tory)
- Top 10 Remain areas: Lambeth (Labour), Hackney (Labour), Haringey (Labour x2), City of London (Tory), Islington (Labour), Wandsworth (Labour x2, Tory x1), Camden (Labour x2), Edinburgh (SNP x3, Labour x1, SLD x1), East Renfrewshire (Tory), Cambridge (Labour)

8. Exiting on WTO wasn't (a) the plan, or (b) what people were asked to vote on (lots of threads on this).

9. This isn't causing the rise of the far right, it's a consequence of the rise of the right & far right.

You've captured the mood and spirit of Brexit a treat though - a great effort considering you're mostly out of the country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:30 - Apr 8 with 2776 viewsfactual_blue

That gives, rightly or wrongly, the impression that you don't actually know what it means.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 2771 viewsSpruceMoose

Right wingers are the most tolerant folk on earth. Unless they disagree with you.

Then they kill you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:08 - Apr 8 with 2723 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:30 - Apr 8 by factual_blue

That gives, rightly or wrongly, the impression that you don't actually know what it means.

Eh?
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:09 - Apr 8 with 2718 viewsfactual_blue

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:08 - Apr 8 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Eh?

QED

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:11 - Apr 8 with 2717 viewsDarth_Koont

"Reverse democracy"!??

You Trump fanatics really will make anything up or swallow any lie to keep holding onto your beliefs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:20 - Apr 8 with 2688 viewsgiant_stow

On the whole, I think you're wrong although there clearly some sjw types who won't compromise at all. I reckon it's more that right wingers are just a little bit shocked when liberals don't role over the instant a disagreement comes along.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:20 - Apr 8 with 2692 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:20 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

Pretty impressive. For a fairly short piece I counted 9 instances of incorrect information, misleading information, or cognitive dissonance:

1. People aren't being called ill informed, uneducated racists for differences of opinion. If they're being called ill informed or racists it's more likely because they're ill informed or they've done a racism/xenopphobism.

2. In terms of the leading figures in Brexit, those pushing for it are the most hypocritical of the lot imo (Brexiteers pushing for a hard exit, waving their union jacks, whilst lining their own nest investing against the country's performance, etc).

3. Voting can never reverse democracy. It is democracy in action. Cease to give people a say and you have the complete breakdown in democracy (the thought of a second referendum makes me feel sick, but you can't deny the people a right to campaign for it).

5. Accusing "lefties" of being intolerant whilst declaring near-hatred of a group purely for their political position.

6. What is even the slightest bit wrong with finding out information before making a decision or reserving the right to make a new decision in the light of new or more information? Our society runs on such basic foundations - in the sciences, medicine, law, politics, etc.

7. In terms of the strongest Leve & Remain areas, you've got this completely about face.
- Top 10 Leave areas: Boston (Tory), South Holland (Tory), Castle Point (Tory), Thurrock (Tory), Great Yarmouth (Tory), Fenland (Tory), Mansfield (Tory), Bolsover (Labour), East Lindsey (Tory), North East Lincolnshire (split Labour/Tory)
- Top 10 Remain areas: Lambeth (Labour), Hackney (Labour), Haringey (Labour x2), City of London (Tory), Islington (Labour), Wandsworth (Labour x2, Tory x1), Camden (Labour x2), Edinburgh (SNP x3, Labour x1, SLD x1), East Renfrewshire (Tory), Cambridge (Labour)

8. Exiting on WTO wasn't (a) the plan, or (b) what people were asked to vote on (lots of threads on this).

9. This isn't causing the rise of the far right, it's a consequence of the rise of the right & far right.

You've captured the mood and spirit of Brexit a treat though - a great effort considering you're mostly out of the country.

You're one of the main offenders as you've shown here. Explicitly stating your points as fact. Point 4 is correct though I didn't word that correctly.

Yes, I do have near hatred for politicians trying overturn a referendum result because they don't agree with it.

- This is the main problem, this view is undemocratic and dangerous. Brexit has had two general election manifestos and a referendum (with the highest turnout in British political history). We must respect it and leave. I don't like no deal but this should have happened on March 29th. To give a second referendum any credibility this needs to be in a parties manifesto for a new general election but only after we have left. If you don't see the problem with overturning the 2016 vote then I can't help you.

If we don't leave this squabbling in Westminster will cause in fact the rise of the far right.

Just because I don't live in the country I can't have an opinion on this? I am as much a British citizen as you are.
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:20 - Apr 8 with 2685 viewsXYZ

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 17:20 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

Facts eh? The preserve of us lefties it seems.
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:21 - Apr 8 with 2683 viewsfooters

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:09 - Apr 8 by factual_blue

QED

Eh?

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:22 - Apr 8 with 2685 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:11 - Apr 8 by Darth_Koont

"Reverse democracy"!??

You Trump fanatics really will make anything up or swallow any lie to keep holding onto your beliefs.

Exhibit A

"You Trump fanatics"
Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:23 - Apr 8 with 2673 viewsDarth_Koont

Lefties are the most tolerant people on earth.... on 18:22 - Apr 8 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Exhibit A

"You Trump fanatics"

OK, Southern Baptists.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024