Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. 08:21 - Apr 9 with 9972 viewsSuperfrans

This is since 2007. Almost impossible to believe this...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:24 - Apr 9 with 9945 viewsitfcjoe

There must be a few that have also only played there due to drawing Spurs in the cup or in a league game, not that it makes it much better.

It is a crazy stat though, got a good chance to make it next year now though at least!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:25 - Apr 9 with 9933 viewsKieran_Knows

We'll tick it off next year for the Checkatrade final.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:33 - Apr 9 with 9899 viewsHerbivore

We've been one game away on two occasions. Surprised just how many League 1 and League 2 sides have made it though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:34 - Apr 9 with 9904 viewsITFC_Forever

We've only been to Wembley three times in our history.... Man City will go there five times this season alone.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:38 - Apr 9 with 9868 viewschicoazul

I can only think of 3 times we have been to the old one..? FA Cup, Charity Shield, Play-offs.

EDIT; beaten by ITFC Forever
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 8:38]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:41 - Apr 9 with 9834 viewsBlueastheycome

There has been another Suffolk side who have to the new Wembley and that’s Lowestoft Town in the FA Vase final in 2008
Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:12 - Apr 9 with 9681 viewsdavblue

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:24 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

There must be a few that have also only played there due to drawing Spurs in the cup or in a league game, not that it makes it much better.

It is a crazy stat though, got a good chance to make it next year now though at least!

Do you think we will do that well next year?

I want to believe we will but i see a team which for 18 months now has struggled, turning that around won't be easy. I suspect we will get in the play off's but i think there will be teams who are further down the line in terms of rebuilds than us for automatic.

We are also going to have a core of a young team and as of yet we don't have a player who looks like a goalscorer in the team.
Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:25 - Apr 9 with 9619 viewsFtnfwest

FA Trophy Finals and Conference Play Offs also account for a number now in the League
Login to get fewer ads

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:45 - Apr 9 with 9559 viewsHerbivore

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:12 - Apr 9 by davblue

I want to believe we will but i see a team which for 18 months now has struggled, turning that around won't be easy. I suspect we will get in the play off's but i think there will be teams who are further down the line in terms of rebuilds than us for automatic.

We are also going to have a core of a young team and as of yet we don't have a player who looks like a goalscorer in the team.

Sunderland had 2 years plus of losing and had a massive overhaul in the summer that included a new owner as well as a new manager. They've lost twice all season. People need to stop talking our chances down, we should absolutely be in the mix for promotion next season.

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:03 - Apr 9 with 9496 viewsitfcjoe

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:12 - Apr 9 by davblue

Yes, we will be one of the top teams in the league.

We have players who if fit will be the top players in the division - Judge, Bishop, Emyr Huws (although that is more unlikely), etc.

I'm not expecting us to walk the league, but if we aren't in and around the top 6 all season I'll be hugely disappointed.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:23 - Apr 9 with 9442 viewsPhilTWTD

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 08:34 - Apr 9 by ITFC_Forever

We've only been to Wembley three times in our history.... Man City will go there five times this season alone.

Four, we played Ealing in a Southern League game there in October 1928, won 4-0. It was Ealing's home ground at the time.
Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:28 - Apr 9 with 9420 viewsmonty_radio

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:23 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Four, we played Ealing in a Southern League game there in October 1928, won 4-0. It was Ealing's home ground at the time.

Beat me to it.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:47 - Apr 9 with 9353 viewsPhilTWTD

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:28 - Apr 9 by monty_radio

Beat me to it.

One of my favourite pieces of Town trivia!
Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:50 - Apr 9 with 9339 viewsITFC_Forever

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:23 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Only Factual can remember that one though.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:55 - Apr 9 with 9312 viewsWeWereZombies

Damn, I was about to post that I had been to Wembley each time we had played there.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 9294 viewstextbackup

doesnt surprise me, in our entire poxy existence we only managed 3 trips to the other one

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 11:06 - Apr 9 with 9251 viewschicoazul

That is a fantastic bit of football stattery.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 11:12 - Apr 9 with 9217 viewschristiand

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:45 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Sunderland had 2 years plus of losing and had a massive overhaul in the summer that included a new owner as well as a new manager. They've lost twice all season. People need to stop talking our chances down, we should absolutely be in the mix for promotion next season.

Herbivore 100% agree with this. We've got some very good youngsters chomping on the bit to play and next season will give them their opportunity to shine. Not sure they'd have got their chance if we had stayed in the Championship. It's a time for PL and ST to start building a side for the long term. We'll be in the promotion shake up come May 2020!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 11:23 - Apr 9 with 9186 viewsDubtractor

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 09:45 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Rotherham went down with about 25 points 2 years ago and came straight back up too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 13:24 - Apr 9 with 8988 viewsHerbivore

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 11:23 - Apr 9 by Dubtractor

Rotherham went down with about 25 points 2 years ago and came straight back up too.

Yep. I'm not sure people appreciate just how big the gap between the two divisions has become.

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 15:29 - Apr 9 with 8765 viewsBent_double

Only 11 teams have never played at the new Wembley. on 13:24 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Yep. I'm not sure people appreciate just how big the gap between the two divisions has become.

Does that 'some people' include Paul Hurst?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024