Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe it’s silly but.. 15:37 - Apr 9 with 11116 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I can’t wait for next season. Not looked forward to one this much in years.

Seeing the youths, the football we are playing, having judge, all the new stadiums to visit and the atmosphere at games this season going into next, I just think it’s going to be great.

Sunderland are loving this year and they’re a far bigger club than us. So why can’t we?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:41 - Apr 9 with 5850 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Understand exactly how you feel. But Sunderland fans are enjoying it because they are there, or there abouts. They wouldn't be nearly so keen if they were in 10th position.

I don't think we or the club should be too complacent. It's a tough league.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:43 - Apr 9 with 5836 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the last time I anticipated a season with such expectation as I have was May 2018.

Oh.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:44 - Apr 9 with 5824 viewsHerbivore

You're right, it's silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:46 - Apr 9 with 5816 viewsKieran_Knows

I get what you're saying, I'm just a bit sceptical about it to be honest. I think we're either going to romp the League with 100+ points, or we're going to fail miserably and end up mid-table with b*gger all going for us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:50 - Apr 9 with 5801 viewsjudespiveyg

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:44 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Nah it's never silly to look forward to a new season, although as a previous poster has pointed out, a lot of us went into this season with a great deal of excitement. Personally I'm looking forward to it, we should at the very least be competitive and win a fair few games.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:51 - Apr 9 with 5796 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:46 - Apr 9 by Kieran_Knows

I get what you're saying, I'm just a bit sceptical about it to be honest. I think we're either going to romp the League with 100+ points, or we're going to fail miserably and end up mid-table with b*gger all going for us.

I don’t think we will romp the league with 100+ points.

But I do fancy us to get top 2.

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:52 - Apr 9 with 5793 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:44 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Ahh yes my bad. I forgot this was a place for politics and not football.

As you were..

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:53 - Apr 9 with 5782 viewsStokieBlue

So you're actually pleased ME has lead us to L1?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:55 - Apr 9 with 5761 viewsHerbivore

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:52 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

As you were..

I'm just not that excited about playing the likes of Rochdale and Forest Green every week I guess. Certainly I don't see it as a more exciting prospect than playing second tier football.

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:56 - Apr 9 with 5758 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:51 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Top 2 ? Ha ha

Dear Rommy you've probably forgotten that Evans is our owner so top 2 is a sheer delusion.
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:02 - Apr 9 with 5713 viewssundaze

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:55 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

I'm just not that excited about playing the likes of Rochdale and Forest Green every week I guess. Certainly I don't see it as a more exciting prospect than playing second tier football.

I wouldn't worry too much, I doubt we will be playing either of them next season.
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:03 - Apr 9 with 5714 viewsMattinLondon

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:56 - Apr 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Top 2 ? Ha ha

Dear Rommy you've probably forgotten that Evans is our owner so top 2 is a sheer delusion.

Champions with ten games to go. We will absolutely dominate that league and then the following season we will dominate the championship as well.
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:07 - Apr 9 with 5690 viewsFtnfwest

Me too, with last year i guess i was looking forward to it but there was always that trepidation because it was a voyage into the unknown. Now we all know what.... I think last last time i really looked forward to a season starting was when Jim first took over. Added to that in the interim by about November you couldn't wait for each one to finish (not every one admittedly, but most).
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:09 - Apr 9 with 5683 viewsm14_blue

I’m with you, I’m looking forward to it.

It’ll be something different, after 17 years of drudgery in the championship visiting some new grounds and knowing we have a realistic chance of challenging for promotion is an exciting prospect.
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:13 - Apr 9 with 5666 viewshector_clifford

As you were..

My bad, Jesus Christ

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:16 - Apr 9 with 5655 viewsReuser_is_God

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 15:51 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t think we’ll romp it with 100+ points either.

I know we will.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:28 - Apr 9 with 5614 viewsSpruceMoose

As you were..

Those Evans Out posts week after week really contributed to the football debate, that's for sure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:34 - Apr 9 with 5590 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:28 - Apr 9 by SpruceMoose

Those Evans Out posts week after week really contributed to the football debate, that's for sure.

Evans Out. by SpruceMoose 30 Mar 2019 17:29
I await the backlash.

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:34 - Apr 9 with 5587 viewsHerbivore

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:02 - Apr 9 by sundaze

I wouldn't worry too much, I doubt we will be playing either of them next season.

I'm looking forward to it even less now.

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:35 - Apr 9 with 5580 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:34 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Evans Out. by SpruceMoose 30 Mar 2019 17:29
I await the backlash.

Oh lord Rommy.

Have a whoosh.

Bit rich for you to complain anyway, what with all your gambling threads. Are they politics or football?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 16:38]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:48 - Apr 9 with 5533 viewsKropotkin123

I think there are a few reasons why a portion of the fanbase can't love playing in League 1.

Pride: Some fans are just too proud, they believe they are above League 1. They will single out a team with a low fanbase and poorly constructed ground, and try an convince you that this is in some way reflective of the quality of the match day experience you will have.

Lacking Acceptance: Some fans can't move on. They can't let go of the fact that we gambled on a young manager to bring entertaining football to Ipswich over an experienced one that didn't. Even though we all know this didn't work out, they can't accept our new reality, which inhibits their ability to enjoy it. Furthermore, the gamble was also a rejection of their personal opinion, which they take personally

Lack of Belief: A lack of belief in the management and the owner to deliver. The latter being far more credible as he has overseen us from promotion contenders to relegation over the course of his ownership.

Doom Merchants: For some, League 1 is the end. This type of person will refuse to acknowledge that the leagues have some relatively fluidity and clubs can and have used it to achieve more than what we have over the same period by just surviving in the Championship. Any evidence of this is quickly countered by examples of clubs falling through the leagues or remaining in League 1 for a while.

Winning: For some fans it is all about winning. All about being in the best position we can be in the table. Relegation is antithetical to success and entertainment can be introduced after success, or as we get more successful.

Finances: For some it is simply a numbers game. We lose out on money. The English league is one of the most capitalist leagues. By this I simply mean money affects things more. Going down means less money, which means we have a greater handicap.

I get you probably didn't want a break down of why some won't enjoy League 1. Personally I like the youth integration, the quality of football and the positive atmosphere. I'm not fussed about the new grounds. I'm weary of having less income and the potential of not making a quick recovery to the Championship. I am looking forward to League 1 on the balance of that.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:51 - Apr 9 with 5521 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:35 - Apr 9 by SpruceMoose

Oh lord Rommy.

Have a whoosh.

Bit rich for you to complain anyway, what with all your gambling threads. Are they politics or football?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 16:38]

Was that you admitting you posted that Evans thread to cause a reaction? To stir? To cause arguments?

Very disappointing.

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:57 - Apr 9 with 5511 viewsjaykay

and you have moaned about marcus all season. look what is has done for you , in your own words "Not looked forward to one this much in years. "

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:59 - Apr 9 with 5502 viewspeterleeblue

Sunderland's season has been quite pragmatic. Its only now when all the Sh!thouse teams need the points rather than playing for draws that Sunderland are finally getting a march on. Its still not nailed on that they get Top 2 and then its the playoffs where the likes of Charlton, Barnsley, Portsmouth will await.
Ipswich will be next seasons big day out for many teams. Some of the tactics that are deployed at League 1 level are deplorable and the refs don't deal with it. Ipswich do not have Sunderland's resources but possibly have better youths. It will be interesting and playoffs will be achievable. Don't expect entertainment overload though.
Maybe it’s silly but.. on 17:01 - Apr 9 with 5497 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe it’s silly but.. on 16:51 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Was that you admitting you posted that Evans thread to cause a reaction? To stir? To cause arguments?

Very disappointing.

I hope you draw better conclusions in your essays son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024